g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Europa League Round of 16 1st Leg

Manchester United 1:1 AC Milan

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Thu, 11 March 2021 @ 5:55pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Scholes wasn't exactly an assist machine. He has 55 in 499 Premier League games, and I'm willing to bet most of them are from before Rooney's time, when he played in a more advanced position. And under Fergie, we were never a team that relied on clever through balls from midfielders to strikers.
    Abit like David Silva, the pass before the actual assist.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Interesting. Surely the alternative opens up just as many issues. What if he injured one of our players? Scored an own goal or just has a terrible game. Seems a weird situation, but maybe that's just because it's what we're used to.
    Or he could do the opposite like Coutinho and come in as a sub and destroy you :lol: (while on loan at Bayern v Barca)

it's just the way it is, technically he's not employed by us this year, they're all professionals at the end of the day.

Lappen

I'm guessing Telles for Shaw, Bailly for Lindelof, Matic for Fred and Greenwood for Rashford.
    For this game I think those changes suites the game, and will not weekend us that mutch. (I always wants Shaw to play). Bailly I even think is better for the game, Matic will be great today with a little bit slower team on the other side. Greenwood will score!

I think we win this game 3- 1. The big bloke attacker (not Z) will score the Milan goal. Greenwood, Martial, James for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    The squad today according to MEN's bushwork.

Grant, Henderson; Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Williams; Fernandes, Fred, Matic, McTominay; Amad, Greenwood, James, Martial, Shoretire.

Didn't expect Shaw to start, but thought he would be on the bench. Other than that no surprises, other than maybe Galbraith on the bench since we have few subs already.
    But he and others might still show up.
    It’s just a rest, right? He wasn’t said to be injured in Ole’s presser — just Rashford?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

12:15 Martial with the laziest attempt to win the ball back ever. fecker is living a charmed life at this club.

18:25 Ole taking Maguire to the cleaners.

macheda14

Most of the time our midfielders used to pass straight to the wings, we rarely went through the centre of the pitch like we do now.
    Yeah Scholes has surprisingly fewer career assists than one would expect. But still... 1 assist for Rooney is mad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

12:15 Martial with the laziest attempt to win the ball back ever. fecker is living a charmed life at this club.
    And 10 seconds later he wins the ball and is out of the rondo

Matriac

It’s just a rest, right? He wasn’t said to be injured in Ole’s presser — just Rashford?
    I think it's just a rest yeah, but he was tired on Sunday.

He might still be in the squad as well. We'll know for sure in 2.5 hours.

Giggsy13

I’ve always had a soft spot for Milan since they took a fall with us and both clubs are struggling thru the wilderness to get back to glory. Those Milan teams of the 90s and Ancelotti years were brilliant.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Yeah Scholes has surprisingly fewer career assists than one would expect. But still... 1 assist for Rooney is mad.
    It is surprising for sure - but just goes to show that goals/assist numbers aren't everything in football.

Riz

I’ve always had a soft spot for Milan since they took a fall with us and both clubs are struggling thru the wilderness to get back to glory. Those Milan teams of the 90s and Ancelotti years were brilliant.
    Same, I loved Shevchenko and was gutted when he went to Chelsea (albeit where he flopped). That midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka was a cheat code.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    What a charmed life that fecker lives at this football club
    True, in an ideal world Fred isn't anywhere close to being a starter for United. But hard workers will always have extra credit in the bank compared to lazy buggers like Martial.

laughtersassassin

Bench will be insanely weak today in terms of attacking options. Hope Ole is ready to give Amad real minutes

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    For this game I think those changes suites the game, and will not weekend us that mutch. (I always wants Shaw to play). Bailly I even think is better for the game, Matic will be great today with a little bit slower team on the other side. Greenwood will score!

I think we win this game 3- 1. The big bloke attacker (not Z) will score the Milan goal. Greenwood, Martial, James for us.
    Considering Zlatan is injured, i too doubt he will score tonight

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Strangely looking forward to this, never a good sign that

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Starting to get excited. Predict 3-0 if there really is no Zlatan. Greenwood to finally get his scoring boots on again.

Lappen

Considering Zlatan is injured, i too doubt he will score tonight
    I know he is, i just figured everyone would point out he is injured because they thought i ment Zlatan.
    I don't remember the name of the other big bloke ( not Zlatan).

Gator Nate

Line-ups according to today's LaGazzettaDelloSport:

Unavailable players: De Gea, Pogba, Mata, VdB, Rashford, Jones; Theo Hernandez, Bennacer, Calhanoglu, Ibra, Rebic, Mandzukic, Maldini.. About our players: they all suffered minor injuries and everyone but Ibra will be fit for the 2nd leg.

Risk of Suspension: Lindelof, Maguire, Williams; Donnarumma, Romagnoli..
    I don't think that'll be our lineup, but they almost know how we set up on a normal basis, accounting for injuries. They need to flip Greenwood and James. Mason is always on the right. James is wherever he's needed.

Having said that, I'd swap Greenwood and Martial, and leave James on the right. But that's just me.

Devil may care

It would be great to see Mason get a brace and boost his cobfidence.

Lappen

It would be great to see Mason get a brace and boost his cobfidence.
    Agree. Hes been looking good for some time but the scoring confidence needs the boost you talking about. One goal and I bet he starts scoring for fun again!

Adcuth

There not a thread dedicated to the other europa games on tonight?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Who's the bright spark that thought 5.55 PM was a good time to start a game of football?

Not a fan of the person one little bit.

Hoof the ball

Just have to remember to express ourselves, create the space. You've really got to hold or give, but do it at the right time. Not fussed whether they do it slow or fast, but they must get to the line.

In these games they'll always hit you and hurt you, in defence and attack, but there's only one way to beat them and that's to get around the back.

And then it's more or less arrivederci.

Adcuth

Who's the bright spark that thought 5.55 PM was a good time to start a game of football?

Not a fan of the person one little bit.
    But i can watch the footy then smash fifa for a while before the wife gets home

simmee

Just have to remember to express ourselves, create the space. You've really got to hold or give, but do it at the right time. Not fussed whether they do it slow or fast, but they must get to the line.

In these games they'll always hit you and hurt you, in defence and attack, but there's only one way to beat them and that's to get around the back.

And then it's more or less arrivederci.
    Is that a Michael Owen quote?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 187 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win