Kick-off
Sun, 4 September 2022 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Who was the bloke on the other side of Martial 8 minutes before HT (not Iqbal), was it Axel?

Also the stat at the start of the match said it was Ben White's 200th club appearance. That can't be right, can it? relative recent signing.

Cracking game btw :D
    Yup, Tuanzebe.

rajds89

The ABU media are going to have a good few days with that VAR decision aren’t they.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    how can hasslebaink say it’s not a foul :lol:

pushes eriksen over and doesn’t even touch the ball. it’s clear

Dempsey19

We need another as Arsenal are playing some nice football and having alot of touches in our box.

Bruno needs to stop these feckin flicks. I think he did it 3 times and gave the ball away.

redom

Competitive game, Arsenal lucky they're not down to 10 men. Rashford struggles a bit with his back to goal, although he's had some decent moments today, but he's good when turned and running at the defence.

We could look after the ball a bit better at times but we've been playing some nice progressive passes so some element of risk is going to be there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    How the hell do they not think that's afoul on Eriksen.

He's been pushed from behind, and the player has not won the ball?!

justsomebloke

We're getting there week by week. Arsenal obviously look further ahead in their development as you would expect, but can't fault the fight and effort in this team at the moment. The next stage is to be better with the ball. We do treat it very carelessly at times.
    This.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
    Staff
    I didn't know Gabriel Jesus was this good when he was at City. Pep pushing him wide didn't help, but he's a good player. Technically sound, bundles of energy and despite not being the biggest he's a nuisance to defender
    It wasn't Pep "pushing him out wide", oddly enough Jesus asked for it as he felt too much pressure playing up front.

After the World Cup I thought that I couldn't play as a No.9. I started playing much more on the wing at (Manchester) City and for Brazil. For a while I thought that. But I've changed my mentality, I believe much more in myself now. I'm smiling again playing football. I’m very blessed as I can play across all front three but I am a No.9. I am there to finish our chances. Not only that but to help the team as a whole.
    But yeah, he's extremely good — you don't play for City for so long, even benching Agüero at times, without being an exceptional player. His only issue is (was?) his goalscoring, other than that he's simply outstanding. Arsenal were very lucky to get him, he's certainly in the contention for the being best striker in the league — probably just below Kane (there's no point even in mentioning Haaland).

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    We’ve been very good at seeing games out in the last few games but I still think we definitely need a second goal. Arsenal will be all over us. Hopefully we can get a clean sheet again… bring on Casemiro for more stability in the middle.

Zen86

I don’t mind Bruno’s risk taking and playing on the front foot, but it does my head in when he does some needless back heel in the middle of the pitch

AndySmith1990

It makes such a huge difference having a solid defense. I never trust us to not concede when Maguire is playing, but Varane and Martinez just ooze class and quality

Someone

Something
    Really happy with our overall performance. But Arsenal are good, we can't just sit back like we've done in recent games. They'll be 100% vulnerable the second half and we should keep on the pressure.

Tony247

What Jesus is doing for Arsenal is want I want to see Rashford do for us.

If he wants to play CF he needs to get better at the dark arts required to hold the ball up
    Rashford can't hold up the ball. For that reason alone he can never be a CF.

RetroStu

\We havent played bad, except the spell after the dissalowed goal, but feck me its hard to watch when Arsenal just run through our midfield with ease.

GreatDane

I swear I didn't see Varane fight so much last season, he's a beast this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Bruno has flaws in his game but as a captain he is doing great. Leading the team with example, bitching to ref, fighting....must stay captain even when Harry will be in team

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    So according to Hasseltwat, the player tackling Eriksen wasn’t actually trying to engage with him? He wasn’t trying to win the ball then?

Gasolin

Mctominay been best player on the pitch, don't think he has put a foot wrong and has been breaking down attacks and progressing good balls forward.

Antony well taken goal, but hasn't really got going but first match and all. Been disappointed with Sancho and Malacia, keep getting bullied or losing the ball.
    He had a pass through that should have gone to Sancho towards the end of the half, we had Rashford and Antony bursting, I’m sure we could have a scored as Arsenal was all the way up the pitch.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Not as simple as that. Far more work rate up top, and a more reliable backline means the midfield is not constantly having extra running at them with momentum from deep and can trust the defenders. Makes a big difference.

He has been very good again.

Excellent game, both teams playing well, Arsenal maybe slightly unfortunate to be behind but feck them. Loving the aggression in Malacia/Lisandro and Antony, Ten Hag targeting the right type of mentality is such a important part of this Summer's deals. Got guys who are hungry and want to make an impact, huge for a building team.
    As was said above, he only has to concentrate on defending with Eriksen doing the lovely passes next to him. Doing the donkey work. We were asking him to do things he wasn't capable of, but he has lots of energy and will put the work in for the team.

BarstoolProphet

That pass from Eriksen havent been played by a team in red at Old Trafford since Carrick's days. Beautiful.

Luka Mora

Good assist by Rashford, and he has been up and down the pitch pressing even though he hasn't been much of a goal threat, there is a reason why ETH prefers him over Ronaldo who just loiters around and probably would have taken a shot instead of playing in Antony.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 528 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw