Kick-off
Tue, 12 December 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zaafi

His positioning is not good. Like it or not.
    It has not been particularly good, I agree, but blaming him for that run is outrageous. There is nothing he can do with those defenders around him. He could, if his team mates could have been used as a decoy, instead of jogging forward. Lazy fecks.

Scottynaldinho

Most importantly we haven't conceded yet. Don't know why people are upset. Isn't this how we wanted the game to go? Still a lot of time to grow into the game and score.

Lentwood

Badly missing an elite CF, watching Hojlund against Kim & Upemacano is literally and figuratively men against 'boy'.

Antony has been good again, but isolated again. Garnacho has been poor, no plan when he receives the ball, its head down and run until he has no option to check back, at which point it's entirely predictable.

McTominay has a goal in him but is a big hindrance in general play in that slightly more advanced role. No nous or cuteness to his football.

They will score eventually and it will cover from an overload on their right-side (our left) and a cut-back

Hackman2210

Hojlund - love his effort but no service ever so living of scraps. He’s getting no scraps cos of greedy cnuts like Fernandez, Anthony, garnacho, Rashford etc. Painful to watch.

zaafi

I mean it's pretty obvious. The little "you've never played football" quip is even more weird as that's exactly the same brainless run I would make but then again I'm not a professional footballer.
    Please explain how and where he could run to make himself available with no other team mates around him to function as a decoy. I'll wait.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Are people just dumb? That's supposedly a foul, and in a good position also.

Red00012

Most importantly we haven't conceded yet. Don't know why people are upset. Isn't this how we wanted the game to go? Still a lot of time to grow into the game and score.
    Caf before the game -we’ll get hammered
    Caf at half time we’re shit

Rustyspider13

Boring half. We've got nothing in attack. The defense has been under pressure but has managed to deal with it. It feels like even if we do manage to somehow score, Bayern might step it up a bit and deny us a win. Looks to be going towards a dull draw.

PoTMS

We need to somehow get a penalty as that's the only way we're gonna score today. Get Pellistri on and start aiming for Kim or Upa's hands.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    I have to re-watch it but my initial observation was that hojlund didn't make himself available or couldn't. Garnacho was looking for a pass
    Think Hojlund showed for a pass early on in the move but Garnacho kept running with the ball into a similar area.

Jeffthered

We look more organised, far more than I can recall so that's good and important, very. The nature of the game suits us a bit, and I think we started what I feel is our best team, which says a lot, and I am not criticising the players as they are who they are, we all know that. Amrabat is playing 10/15 yards deeper which is helping us, a lot in terms of shape with the ball, and it's better for him too, you see the best of him but SMT is not really involved, and Bruno is Bruno.. so it's difficult to see us creating and setting the tempo. Seems we are hoping Bayern makes an error. Varane makes a big difference, as does Shaw as a left back. Shame Maguire has a tweak. Our inexperienced players (Rasmus, Garnacho... ) is getting highlighted, as their defence is proper, proper....so far, as I just feel they have a mistake in them!

Bayern have a little more quality, and assurance, you can see that. So let's see. We could win this. But we could get done.. obvious but hey, there we go.

flameinthesun

Front 3 are getting bullied, can't hold the ball up, midfield has been a bit more compact, but Bayern are at half speed.
    Goes back to the general lack of physicality in the squad, Antony has no strength and speed, Garnacho has the speed but no strength. Rasmus has a bit of both but is up against 2 beast CBs. The team is playing well but the current squad is just not that good. Said this in another thread but apart from Bruno and maybe Rashford, a lot of these players are no different to players at West Ham, Everton, Fulham etc.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Kane and Sané look a bit tired today.
    Other than that an "okay" game from us.
    Your team is just so much much superior to ours that I'm scratching my head wondering how we scored 3 goals at your gaff. You've got a relatively settled defense, still a world class GK, outstanding midfield and an attack that is the envy of Europe. Musiala, Coman and Sane both glide easily through challenges.

And you've just been embarrassed 5-1 last weekend. So taking all that into account, and our season has been shite, I think that half was pretty good from us. Of course we need to find Hojlund better and he needs to not get tangled up with Upamecano. And Dalot and Antony have been pretty disappointing going forward, but generally I think we've been solid. And Bruno has done the job of two people.

Bole Top

stupidity from Bayern attackers (mostly Sane) saved us in crucial moments, but they really aren't all that and they do play like a team that don't need a win. Kane has been pretty average tonight as well.

I'm fairly confident we can get the right result tonight if we score as I don't really see Bayern going for it. they don't seem to be "on the mission" after that bad loss vs Frankfurt.

The White Pele

The team have stuck to the task well but a real lack of quality in possession from us.

Nothing coming off for Garnacho, Hojlund can’t get himself into the game, McTominay not intricate enough.

Dalot has been tidy on the ball and Varane has been positive with his passing on the opposite side although lacks the right weight of pass at times.

Defensively, the sharpness of their wide players is causing a lot of danger for us and Amrabat can’t even close enough to attempt a challenge when they go through the middle. It feels like sooner or later they will get the better of us.

An absolute vacuum of options on the bench to improve things for us.

Maybe Reguilon. Maybe Pellestri. Mainoo into midfield?

Difficult to see where a goal comes from and we will probably need two.

Heinzesight

I think we’ve done well. Of course they’ve been dangerous on the attack but come on ffs, it’s a nearly full strength Bayern against a depleted United with two youngsters expected to produce the goods. Amrabat fairly solid too and good to see us getting back into shape quickly. If we lose then you can’t say we’ve been totally outclassed and we could nick it. Still in it.

AndySmith1990

Just want to say, our front three (and their alternatives) are absolute shite.

Other than that, we're not doing terribly

Abhinav

Caf before the game -we’ll get hammered
    Caf at half time we’re shit
    I mean just cause we are fearful of getting hammered does not mean we will start praising an average performance where we barely looked threatening.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    It has not been particularly good, I agree, but blaming him for that run is outrageous. There is nothing he can do with those defenders around him. He could, if his team mates could have been used as a decoy, instead of jogging forward. Lazy fecks.
    Ah that. I am not talking about that 5vs1 situation. I am talking overall. Watch him closely when we are around the box.

Parma Dewol

Get the feeling our only chance is to keep it tight for another half hour. 0-0 with 15 minutes remaining and I think we could rally as the tension kicks in, especially if the other game remains goalless. Push forward too early and I fear they’ll pick us off with ease.

BarryWinks

Their widemen are so fast! They make ours look like plodders. Also the confidence in their intricate passes (most of which hasn't come off I know), but we lack the confidence to even try out some of those passes as shown by Dalot during that last attack.

Red00012

I mean just cause we are fearful of getting hammered does not mean we will start praising an average performance where we barely looked threatening.
    Look at their team v ours .
    we are doing ok , just need 1 goal. I would have bitten your hand off for 0-0 at half time an hour ago

RedRocket9908

Garnacho hasnt been very good in the first half he refuses to pass and has continously lost possesion to the first man that challanged him the same way Rashford always does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw