Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 27 April 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I don't know why anyone is surprised at Antony starting. Literally Ten Hag's player for 2 clubs now.

What's more surprising is no Rashford again. Clearly being taken out of the firing line.

Antony and AWB starts haha.. Coward ETH once again.

Eriksen recently getting a run of games all of a sudden. Wilcox has definitely mentioned possession football to ETH. Eriksen keeps it better than Mctominay who ETH preferred.

It's a bit painful to watch average players looking like Pele as they sail past Erikson and Casemiro. But fek it, I'm in. Not like the game matters much anyway.

”you have to deserve to play”
    Plays Casemiro, Antony, Eriksen

No central defenders whatsoever on the bench either :(

Antony and AWB starts haha.. Coward ETH once again.
    I think they want to ship out Antony this summer so they need to play Antony for the rest of the season hopeful he would somehow play abit better so a club may take him.

He is 17 teen. Its not like those matches now means much... No chance of top4 so why not use other players than the craps one?
    I mean a myriad of reasons, maybe partly because how our fans treat our players? I would be careful introducing young footballers into this team.

These matches do mean something though, imagine we lose every single game and then the final? Image how toxic things would be.

feck thats disappointing about Amad... what does he have to do? This stubbornness / favouritism is so frustrating. Want ETH to do well still, but every bloody time something is wrong.

Cafs darling Amad not starting again, riots!

If anything, I wanted to see Mount start.

Antony full agree with, should be Amed, AWB who else would you put in there, please dont say Amass
    Why not? Barcelona a bigger team isn't afraid to use young players.. It's really a meaningless match anyway so it would be good to see Amass getting a chance against one of the worst PL teams this season AT HOME!

I think they want to ship out Antony this summer so they need to play Antony for the rest of the season hopeful he would somehow play abit better so a club may take him.

The problem with that theory, which is a good one, is that the more Antony plays the father his transfer sale value drops.

What has Amad ever done to ETH?

Imagine scoring a winning goal in FA cup against your biggest rivals and still not getting a start over a crap player. The boy must be so disheartened.

I’m never that guy but I must say I fancy Burnley to get something today.

Erikson's legs have gone so not sure why he's starting, I'd also understand him not wanting to push himself to max because he's worried about his heart, but then that is perhaps the time to retire

Case in defence, do we not even have a youth defender we could use, least it would be their actual position

Listening to people on here, you'd have thought Antony was Obertan in the Sheff Utd game while Amad was 2011 Messi.

Both had ho-hum 6/10 games and were a bit overly safe on the ball, though Antony could easily have had an assist or two in the first half, and seems to slowly be getting out of his truly awful form in general.

Last edited:
    Sure hope we can keep up our winning run against championship teams and teams heading towards it. :lol:

So much outrage about Amad, which I get but it's clear that Ten Hag doesn't fancy him over Antony so he's clearly not showing something he wants. Better to just accept now and not lose the head.

Is ETH unwell? Trying to work out why he would be starting Antony

Antony positionally is good and does the defensive side very well. Amad despite being flavour of the month on here still has a lot to prove, hes only just coming in to the team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 162 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw