Sun, 26 October 2014 @ 4:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 66 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
    For someone who expected the worst, I am ecstatic with a point. A draw was the fair result. They have been our biggest rivals over the last decade and I hate losing to them as much I hate losing to Liverpool or City. Plus, they are a despicable bunch, with their fouling and cnutish behavior. Not a fan of Jose either.

After a very good first half from us, Chelsea took full control of the game in the second. Van Gaal needs to work on this drop in performances in the second half.

Best Van Persie performance in a while despite the missed chances. What a shocker that he does well played as a lone striker in 433/4231.
    Mata was a decent, don't know why he was taken off; it should have been Di Maria.
    Di Maria, brought back memories of Nani. Constantly lost the ball and had horrible delivery from corners and free-kicks all night.
    Januzaj, Smalling and Blind were all decent/good.
    What a game from Fellaini against all odds. Best player on the pitch. Won tackles, kept possession and was crucial in the box at both ends of the pitch.

Van Gaal has a lot of work to do still. Rojo looks like a horrendous buy. The defense still has mistakes in them. What was up with Rafael on Drogba?

The two late goals in consecutive games should do us good. I know we lack the personnel, but would love a permanent switch to 433/4231.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
    can the negative cnuts in here fcuk off

we are not playing well as of late, have a load of injuries, adopting to new management..

were back pushing for late equalisers,decent display today,and we got a point off the leaders..i bet 90% would of took a draw at 4 o clock.
    have taken ;)

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
    Thanks to Di Maria we got the free kick that he crossed in to get the equaliser.

Whilst he wasnt perfect he still played a huge part of the draw today.

Agree with Fellaini, played well today.
    I'm not disputing that fact. But he was poor today and gave away the ball too many times, a couple of them in our half of the field. I think he'll admit it himself, judging from his reaction to losing the ball late in the game near the touchline.

BARBY BOY

Don't watch the first half, but I don't think we are as poor as some were saying here. I can only remember 3 chance created by chelsea from that ivanovic solo run, hazard skipping our defence and the own goal of course. They (chelsea) somehow dominated the first 20 min of the 2nd half but apart from that I don't remember them taking any initiative.

itso 7

I will raise my hand I didn't think we had this performance in us. De Gea an Fellaini were great, Di Maria not so but we fought for it all the way.

Red_head7

Point is a great result both psychologically and points-wise today.

Thought our defending, with the exception of a couple of brain-farts from Smalling and Rojo at times, was organised and dealt with Chelsea's attacking threat very well.

Fellaini has, seemingly been given an actual role by LVG, as opposed to the 'go out there and kick the shit out of every player' task he was given by Moyes. IMO he still shouldn't be a starter when everyones fit, but it's nice to know he can do a decent job when required. Dealt with Fabregas brilliantly today.

Another thing I thought i'd mention is that we are playing 10x better than we did last season. Last year we played different (crappy) styles in different games, it was a shambles. However this season, so far we've played the same in most games: always attacking, always looking to create chances and score.

...It's evident that our style of play is fast improving, whereas last year we looked mediocre at best in every game. There is no doubt in my mind that once a regular XI settles down and LVG starts to complete the rebuilding process, we will be a fantastic team to watch. I.E the difference is, that improvement is obviously happening, whereas with Moyes we were back-pedalling.

We are 1 or 2 players away from competing with the very best teams in the world.

Oh and for the people moaning at Januzaj for being 'useless' Youtube some of Ronaldo's early games, almost identical. He will come good.

Edit: no idea what's happened to the text size above.

Reactions: jojojo

)_(

It's so frustrating that we didn't win against west brom. if we had won that game I would've been more than happy with this draw. Still happy that we've drawn instead of lost mind..

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Very good game today and we would have been unlucky to have lost.

Fellaini played very well and is showing signs of his Everton form.

We just need to strengthen our defence in the January window and we'll be on the road to being very competitive again.

Believe !!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Point is a great result both psychologically and points-wise today.

Thought our defending, with the exception of a couple of brain-farts from Smalling and Rojo at times, was organised and dealt with Chelsea's attacking threat very well.

Fellaini has, seemingly been given an actual role by LVG, as opposed to the 'go out there and kick the shit out of every player' task he was given by Moyes. IMO he still shouldn't be a starter when everyones fit, but it's nice to know he can do a decent job when required. Dealt with Fabregas brilliantly today.

Another thing I thought i'd mention is that we are playing 10x better than we did last season. Last year we played different (crappy) styles in different games, it was a shambles. However this season, so far we've played the same in most games: always attacking, always looking to create chances and score.

...It's evident that our style of play is fast improving, whereas last year we looked mediocre at best in every game. There is no doubt in my mind that once a regular XI settles down and LVG starts to complete the rebuilding process, we will be a fantastic team to watch. I.E the difference is, that improvement is obviously happening, whereas with Moyes we were back-pedalling.

We are 1 or 2 players away from competing with the very best teams in the world.

Oh and for the people moaning at Januzaj for being 'useless' Youtube some of Ronaldo's early games, almost identical. He will come good.

Edit: no idea what's happened to the text size above.
    Excellent post mate

Geekie

Fellaini did well. He looked comfortable on the ball and inexplicably showed up at the right spots throughout the match.
    Flop of the match should be either Rojo (reckless play and couldnt read the match) or Rafael (a bit harsh but he left too much space on his wing) or Di Maria (no matter how much I appreciate his last and only decent freekick that led to the goal, he was horrible and frustrating to watch)
    Also kudos to Dave for another save of the season. I was all deflated when Hazard coursed through but then... boom! Get out! Even Hazard was left speechless haha
    Hard-earned point, but LVG really should make up his mind on our style of playing. Even long balls from defenders seem more effective than our horrendous crossing.

RedAle

That performance and result against Chelsea without Rooney, Falcao or Herrera and an abnormally poor performance from Di Maria . It's not bad at all.

Theonas

Scout
    Massive difference from last year. Even when we beat Arsenal under Moyes, we played like underdogs, defending for dear life and letting them boss the game. We played the best team in the league today and maybe 3rd or 4th in Europe and it didn't look like we were inferior, it looked like a game between two top dogs. Our reaction after they scored was disappointing but this is a Mourinho team, the worse kind of teams to play against when behind, they were playing with two defensive midfielders and 3 defenders at the end of the game today. Barcelona would have struggled to put them under constant pressure.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
    Good result, fair one too. No complaints about anything today.

vidal7

On the defensive error. Its glad to see LVG not happy with a point, had it been moyes he would have been saying how well we played and beat the favourites.

Mato87

Iam so happy we got a draw at least, should've won imo, oh well....Looking foward to the match at emptyhad, should be fun, wayne will be back, so will jones, falcao and herrera, I can't wait !

Empire

"De Gea made a save that was fantastic.

Courtouis did not make that save."

United98

I think the appearance of Blind makes Fellaini perform much better than last season.
    a bit lack of attacking creation, dimaria or januzaj rarely pushed to the box.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw