Manchester United vs Chelsea (Reserves)

Virtuoso

Strong Reserves side faces Blues

A strong United Reserves side has been named to face Chelsea in the first part of a pre-season double header on Monday evening.

Club captain Gary Neville and Ben Foster are the most experienced inclusions, while Darron Gibson and the da Silva twins also feature after their recent first team outings.

With Neville and David Gray likely to occupy the full-back berths, Reserves manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may deploy the Brazilians as wingers.

Richard Eckersley and James Chester reprise their central defensive partnership of last season, while Gibson and Danny Drinkwater will team up in the midfield engine room. Kiko Macheda leads the line upfront, with Sam Hewson in support.

Jimmy Derbyshire, Ron-Robert Zieler, Magnus Eikrem, Evandro Brandao, Cameron Stewart and Matt James have all been named on a six-man substitutes' bench.

Monday's game, which kicks off at 7pm and will be shown live on MUTV, is part of a double-header against the Blues, since both sides were originally scheduled to take part in the cancelled Champions Youth Cup in Malaysia.

United: Foster; Neville, Eckersley, Chester, Gray; Rafael, Gibson, Drinkwater, Fabio; Hewson, Macheda.
Substitutes: Derbyshire, Zieler, Eikrem, Brandao, Stewart, James.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6616269

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Strong Reserves side faces Blues

A strong United Reserves side has been named to face Chelsea in the first part of a pre-season double header on Monday evening.

Club captain Gary Neville and Ben Foster are the most experienced inclusions, while Darron Gibson and the da Silva twins also feature after their recent first team outings.

With Neville and David Gray likely to occupy the full-back berths, Reserves manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may deploy the Brazilians as wingers.

Richard Eckersley and James Chester reprise their central defensive partnership of last season, while Gibson and Danny Drinkwater will team up in the midfield engine room. Kiko Macheda leads the line upfront, with Sam Hewson in support.

Jimmy Derbyshire, Ron-Robert Zieler, Magnus Eikrem, Evandro Brandao, Cameron Stewart and Matt James have all been named on a six-man substitutes' bench.

Monday's game, which kicks off at 7pm and will be shown live on MUTV, is part of a double-header against the Blues, since both sides were originally scheduled to take part in the cancelled Champions Youth Cup in Malaysia.

United: Foster; Neville, Eckersley, Chester, Gray; Rafael, Gibson, Drinkwater, Fabio; Hewson, Macheda.
Substitutes: Derbyshire, Zieler, Eikrem, Brandao, Stewart, James.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6616269
Woo hoo!

Fecking finally get to see the Brazilian twins on opposite flanks.

Happy days :D

twitter thread suggester
Oh how I'd love to be watching this match, but there's never any streams for these reserves matches, though I'll no doubt be searching every streaming site anyway.

Pogue, Virtuso, Mujac etc. would be great if you guys could write a summary like you often do after these games, will be interesting to hear how the twins fares as well as Macheda.

Would have been a great way to get the mind away from yesterday's match.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh how I'd love to be watching this match, but there's never any streams for these reserves matches, though I'll no doubt be searching every streaming site anyway.

Pogue, Virtuso, Mujac etc. would be great if you guys could write a summary like you often do after these games, will be interesting to hear how the twins fares as well as Macheda.

Will do my best, Top.

Although the wife may resent me monopolising the telly and the PC simultaneously, having spent the previous evening in a Stella-fuelled strop, whinging about "fecking Mike Riley and fecking ball to hand"

Hopefully nothing some filling station flowers won't be able to sort out. Fingers crossed, eh?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What about that justin.tv crap? Don't they have any MUTV streams?

twitter thread suggester
Will do my best, Top.

Although the wife may resent me monopolising the telly and the PC simultaneously, having spent the previous evening in a Stella-fuelled strop, whinging about "fecking Mike Riley and fecking ball to hand"

Hopefully nothing some filling station flowers won't be able to sort out. Fingers crossed, eh?
Haha - A brief summary after the game with focus on the twins, Macheda or who else might be shining tonight would be more than sufficient, Pogue - then your wife can have the computer while you enjoy the match.

What about that justin.tv crap? Don't they have any MUTV streams?
Hmm, you might be right, all I remember is that it's been practically impossible to find any streams for the reserves' matches for a long time.

Virtuoso

I'll do a write up mate, may be a little late but hopefully there will be a lot (of good stuff hopefully) to write about. Will be exciting to see how Rafael and Fabio do as wingers, we've seen how both play without fear or restrictions as full backs - but playing in an attacking role from the start is a whole different kettle of fish. I do think that they'll do well though. Also, hoping for a big performance from Macheda tonight, wishful thinking from me that Sir Alex may have given him a place on the bench incase drastic action had to be taken yesterday as I guess he's the next available striking option we have currently.

I was checking just now, couldn't find any streams of the match tonight for you mate. Hopefully you get a hold of one.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Anyone just see that Fabio Da Silva goal from the other week?

The kid's a genuine nutter

twitter thread suggester
Myp2p's got a stream up now, google the site if you don't know it already.
Hopefully that's not against the rules.

Anyone just see that Fabio Da Silva goal from the other week?

The kid's a genuine nutter
It was brilliant, you should read the thread where we first heard about the goal by Mr. MUJAC and then waited hours for the goal to be uploaded.

nooshka

Myp2p's got a stream up now, google the site if you don't know it already.
Hopefully that's not against the rules.

It was brilliant, you should read the thread where we first heard about the goal by Mr. MUJAC and then waited hours for the goal to be uploaded.
Do you no where i can see the goal mate?

twitter thread suggester
The stream is al right, first half has been a bit unorganised in my opinion - Eckersley been great, Rafael still looks impressive, Fabio hasn't really had that final luck to make things happen for him, haven't seen much of Macheda, though that could be because of the small stream.

Rafael off at half time.

Do you no where i can see the goal mate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4b0iaGlT6E

RedPhil1957

0-0 at half time , some really good play in middle of pitch in a frantic game, both defences look strong but final ball from both sides is lacking accuracy

nooshka

Very Scholes esque goal arriving late in the box and a good finish.

nooshka

The stream is al right, first half has been a bit unorganised in my opinion - Eckersley been great, Rafael still looks impressive, Fabio hasn't really had that final luck to make things happen for him, haven't seen much of Macheda, though that could be because of the small stream.

Rafael off at half time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4b0iaGlT6E
Fair do's that was a cracker. Who was that against? And i presume it was for the reserves.

nooshka

Do you reckon Rafael coming off could have anything to do with the fact he might be starting next weekend?

twitter thread suggester
Do you reckon Rafael coming off could have anything to do with the fact he might be starting next weekend?
Probably more to do with him having played yesterday, and he got a bit of a hit in the face at the end of the first half.
Don't know if today has convinced Fergie that Rafael should start on the right wing on Monday, he didn't really play much as a winger, he drifted around a lot, though still very impressive whenever he was in action.

Fabio off, not a great match by him today imo.

Kelvin

off the line. renties appealing for handball turned down.

Decotron

1-0 FT. Solid performance from united. Foster looking good. As did the team defensively. Rafael's pace could be a major asset overlapping on the right in the future. 4-5-1 wouldnt be my fav. formation but still Ole remains undefeated. Drinkwater has now got 4 in 4.

RedPhil1957

result United 1-0

Drinkwater MOM

good run out for Gazza, Foster looked confident and did well as did Eckersley, Chester and Gibson

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Foster looks very good and made some good stops

Fabio will come good and it was good after a slow start to the second half he picked it up a little before being subbed. He did bits and pieces

Eckersley looks a player. Greats stuck in, good on the ball, strong, almost Brazilian :D

Drinkwater did well and his goal was very nice. Good pace nice deft touch and cool finish

Rafael was good but we as a team didn't pass it that well in albiet windy conditions against a good chelsea team

That Italian striker whose name I can't spell :) Some nice touches, can hold onto the ball. Has potential

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Gibson passed it well especially near the end, Brandao was very good up top on his own for half an hour, the defence was quite good

That Fernandes looked about the same size and Andy Ried

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The one time there's a stream, I had to go fishing. Ironically in a stream. Full ratings would be great.