Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 24 October 2020 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Really hard to disagree. Frustrating to see this team and the 4231.

I do agree the inclusion of James and Mata, arguably leaving Tuanzebe on the bench too is stupid but I dont think it will be 4-2-3-1.
    Think you will see both James and Mata more centrally. It will be 4-2-2-2 that we played in the 2nd half in Paris and then Pogba and Greenwood will come on to replace James and Mata.

for Ole, the team that went last week deserve to go again as per Giggs.
    It is baffling. Thankfully with McFred are out there, that's the only thing that can give some comfort.
    The pressure is on DJ and OGS again. Whichever way you look at you cannot justify DJ' selection. Yes over 8 months ago, he was on the pitch vs ManCity, Chelsea. But this was 8 months ago!

Not a lot of pace in the Chelsea defense. Hopefully Rashford and James can punish that with some decent balls from Bruno and Mata.

Would have gone with the 5 myself but I suppose it's an admission that you're vulnerable at the back. That's our best midfield 3 at the moment, hard to argue with it. Mata in on merit. James the only really contentious one. He was better against Newcastle but you feel, looking at that bench, he's got to produce today or he's moving down the pecking order. Pressure on our defence. Will be interesting to see how they cope. Come on.

As opposed to James' useless pace.
    Good old obsession with pace, eh? I would always go with technique over pace. Always. Mata is for example slowest player in the world but his every touch counts.
    We have so many creative midfielders and imo, our midfield is world class. I would love to see them all together on the pitch in one old but good 451 formation. Keep the ball and spin it around.

I agree with Greenwood but the other 2 have not proven themselves at all. I do not think we want to be so defensive and play a 3-5-2, I think we want more balance. The back 4 are a worry but the rest are fine.
    352 isn't defensive. Its balanced, especially how we used against PSG. Pogba, van de beek, Telles.... it isn't about proving yourself. We all know what James and Mata aren't. They basically aren't any use in these games. Wouldn't surprise me if we sub both of them at half.

You kind of need Mata in there, as without Pogba or Beek the whole of the creative impetus would fall only on Bruno’s shoulders.

Weird line up. Surprised Tuanzabe hasnt started considering the pace of Pulisic and Werner and his midweek performance....Mata did well in the last match but surprised to see him starting in this game and as for Dan James.
    Personally would have liked to have seen VDB, Cavani and Greenwood starting in this match. VDB simple passign would hav ebeen good from deep with the Chelsea press and Chelsea have still looked weak at the back whih we should be looking to be taking advantage off.
    Hope I am wrong but this starting eleven looks to be playing straight into Chelseas hadns for me and not confident at all prematch

If Ole wins he will be called a genius and if he loses God help him.

because he watched the last couple of games. Paul's entrance changing the game!
    Pogba has been good coming off the bench, I imagine that is the plan again.

Thought James was fine against Newcastle. But he's primarily on to add pressure to a shaky defence and capatalise on mistakes

The league cup lineup. No dressing it up today, if we don't win questions need to be asked. Daniel James shouldn't be on the bench, never mind starting one of the biggest games of the season. The bench options are ridiculous we have, on Ole this. I've been behind him and want him to do well but that lineup is shocking.

It was the team that got our most comfortable league win this season.

Does that mean we'll get a comfortable win today? Most likely no. Football is not like that, but the team we played at the back end of last season that blew teams away lost against Palace, struggled against Brighton and got humiliated against Spurs. This 'league cup' team, as I said before, got us our most convincing win in the PL this season.

I do agree the inclusion of James and Mata, arguably leaving Tuanzebe on the bench too is stupid but I dont think it will be 4-2-3-1.
    Think you will see both James and Mata more centrally. It will be 4-2-2-2 that we played in the 2nd half in Paris and then Pogba and Greenwood will come on to replace James and Mata.
    It is stupid to say it is stupid. Most professionals will tell you when you make your first start after a long lay off adrenaline gets you through the game, and you feel the effects in the next game. Most will say it was wise to rest Tuanzebe for this so soon after Paris.

Hes not a good player, but pace is important. I would 100 percent agree with Greenwood over James though. Honestly Pogba doesn't give much in a central position, putting him wide is only going to make him worse and provide endless excuses for him.
    I'd play DVB tbh or even Telles. James is just crap

James was good against Newcastle. He plays better out wide left where he is more natural, lets see how he does today before we slate the guy eh?

Shocking Tuanzebe isn't in the line especially with all the pace Chelsea have in their line up.

Pogba has been good coming off the bench, I imagine that is the plan again.
    Pogba is a big name who has not been producing and blabbering about Real Madrid. It is down to him to show that he should not be left out when he comes on. Ole has a meritocracy so that it doesn't matter who you are not you are not too big to be on the bench.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw