Sat, 19 September 2020 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
    If all we get in is Donny, I’ll be seriously worried now. With Ole, Will be same XI every week, might be in the hunt for4th but then the usual squad burnout and we fall away.

Scouse, City and Chelsea will be miles ahead.

Suvvernmanc

Ole should read the caf. He would have seen that 95% of posters dont rate James. Yet he starts our 1st game over the most promising player we've had for years. Poor management.

TFM too.. AWB is on the bench. Why?

What has given Ole the opinion that scott Mctominay should start over VDB, Matic or even Fred.? Strange all round really.

Looks like James is coming off which is good. That's the 1st mistake being rectified

Mindhunter

This is a massive litmus test for OGS right now. He needs to change things fast to make things happen. If he continues keeping the same players on the pitch and drag this till the 70th minute then I would be hugely disappointed.

We absolutely need to win the first game of the season and OGS needs to make it happen with the players available to him today. The players off course need a rollicking - just slowly trudging around the field isn't acceptable. Winder how pathetic the season will be if we can't be up for the first game of the season. For the first time, it seems like the team is targeting top 4 right from the first game of the season.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    If Donny and mason don’t start the second half I’m shutting it off here

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    I like to know what Maguire was doing jogging when that ball was put across the box.

BarstoolProphet

Shades of Olympiacos away. It was so bad it can only get better. Not that I think that we will get anything out of this game, mind.

Ranchero

James only succeeds when teams are pushing up and he can use his speed. Against most of the sides that we play again, he has no guile, no skills, no finesse, no final ball, not enough at this level, full stop.

SAFMUTD

You can't play Pogba and a slow midfield. Rashford has been useless and so is James. Bring in Matic, and Odion and go two up front with Odion and Martial dropping deep. He will create those second balls for us. I would go with a diamond formation of Matic, Pogba, Bruno and Fred with Martial and Odion up front.
    Matic is not even on the bench.

stu_1992

Quite poor indeed. We still look like we did at the end of last season, lethargic and out of steam. Palace were much more lively in the opening exchanges and got their reward. It's going to very hard to break them down from here. Hopefully Ole makes some substitutions earlier than he usually does. It looks like we'll need them.

red4ever 79

All this negativity on here. Ole has done this on purpose. He is obviously frustrated with the lack of signings. Starting with Mensah, McTom and James is a masterclass and hopefully Ed will take notice and get some players in

Idxomer

McTominay is actually playing no worse than he did all last season; it is just that people are seeing him for what he is now: trash.

We were awful last season when he was in the first-team. He was a first-teamer during our worst start to a PL season ever. He is just trash by United standards.
    Yes, you could count on one hand the good games he had last season. Our coaching staff thinks that players acquire extra powers in off-season and lockdown, that's why they keep starting him every time we get back to football.

TheRedHearted

Easier said that done when the ball is moving. What you are suggesting is a set piece where the attacker is stationary to start with. If that is bad defending then every goal in every game is bad defending.
    announcer just revisited and said exactly what I said. I have images of the goal here but I have no idea how to post them, I think it needs to be a url but I took pictures.
    It’s about awareness over your shoulder, your blind spot, the most dangerous place an opponent can be. The problem is I’ve seen him do this for numerous goals. Lindelof as well, and even Harry. They get sucked into watching the winger. A defender has to swing his head around constantly
    Townsend got the run on him. It happens. Cross should have been stopped before it even got over to Shaw. Blaming him is just feeding an agenda.
    They are both to blame. Not observing Shaw’s mistake had cost us numerous goals, not just by him.
    Many crosses will come in, the defender can’t let the attacker be between him and goal. And also more than a yard to the right of him

AJ Bullet

They all have Covid, thats the only thing I will accept for this, they cant breathe hence why they cant run.

AndyMUFC

Poor half, typical slow start and Palace are very hard to break down. Greenwood now and VDB on after an hour.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    McTominay is actually playing no worse than he did all last season; it is just that people are seeing him for what he is now: trash.

We were awful last season when he was in the first-team. He was a first-teamer during our worst start to a PL season ever. He is just trash by United standards.
    This!! We were awful back then. And when your team plays awful you notice someone who fights more than others.

Drainy

James only succeeds when teams are pushing up and he can use his speed. Against most of the sides that we play again, he has no guile, no skills, no finesse, no final ball, not enough at this level, full stop.
    Its not fair to keep playing him in games that are going to ruin his confidence, either for us or for him.

Fooza

You have to blame the board if we end up with a bad start to the season for not getting in the players wanted.

Wouldn't surprise if we playing catch with Liverpool, City and Chelsea after a few games. So pissed off

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    We have this strange obsession with thinking we can wish mediocre players into being good or great players. Dan James has a good attitude... so that will cover up for a complete lack of talent? Same with Fosu Mensah. In what world do those 2 start for Man United on the opening day of the season. Seriously, what the feck.

Strelok

All this negativity on here. Ole has done this on purpose. He is obviously frustrated with the lack of signings. Starting with Mensah, McTom and James is a masterclass and hopefully Ed will take notice and get some players in
    I don't know what was his intention but clearly af if we lose this it's on him.

Ranchero

I am very slowly very quietly, very tenatively feeling that we need an experienced, astute manager at the helm. Like a Poch. Still early days. But if we do not show something different in the second half....

Tony247

I don't know if James is doing Ole or Ole is doing Jame, but whatever they both are doing is not working on the pitch.

hobbers

Rashford is worse than James. Let Greenwood take his place.
    This isn't far wrong. :lol:

I wouldn't mind Ighalo and Greenwood on for the pair of them. Martial at least looks somewhat sharp and could do better cutting in from the left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 394 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw