Not open for further replies.

ClassOf'99

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Regulion
    Amrabat Eriksen
    Bruno ------------------------- Mount
    Højlund Martial
    I really think Martials hold up play would be a benefit to us
    Formation would be more like this or a diamond if we are playing 4 midfielders and no wingers, which I can't see happening as Bruno & Rashford are apparently undroppable.

always_hoping

The last of the caf's hopium dealer
    Don't do drugs they'll just make you worse..
    Mad stat, that. How many others have lost their first three and still made it through?
    Tottenham that season lost their first two games and drew their 3rd game.

4th match beat PSV at home with Kane scoring the winner on 89 mins.

5th match 1-0 with the winner coming in the 80th minute.

Against already qualified Barcelona who rested players they were losing 1-0 and grabbed a draw with a goal in the 85th minute.

Last edited:

Relfy

Need a big win here to try and kill them mentally for the return fixture, but we can’t score so 2-0

Sgreddevil

If we don't win this game, probably better to field the youngsters for remaining games to focus resources on the league. Let's not overstretch ourselves and end up with a meaningless Europa spot which I don't foresee us winning at the end.

Jeffthered

It certainly is rather telling, I just knew a Chelsea reject would be a flop for us.
    I blame ETH. Mason Mount is a good player, would anyone be surprised if he played for someone else and found form?

We have Mount, Bruno and Ericksen who all play in the same position. And we are not getting the best out of any of them. ETH needs to sort this kinda' s*** out. He bought two of those players, so what was his plan? And what about his 'team' around him? What did Darren Fletcher have to say about it? What did Steve McLaren have to say say about it? What did John Murtough have to say about it?

None of these people have anything to say about the imbalances across the squad. And they get paid, v v handsomely for this btw... it's a joke Mount needs games. I think Mount and Eriksen could play in games when we are expected to dominate possession, playing a 4-1-2-3 formation, with them both as attacking midfielders.

Brightonian

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Reguilon
    Amrabat
    Antony Eriksen Mount
    Hojlund Rashford
    Leave Bruno out. He's in terrible form, and the team's not in a position to let him keep trying to play through it. I know we all think he doesn't need rest but it can't be a coincidence that he's playing like shit after a season where he played more minutes than anyone else in world football.

With Mount and Antony's pressing workrate there's enough protection for Amrabat there.

And with Mount behind him Rashford can push higher up and focus less on defending and building (which he's just not doing anyway at the moment) and more on providing threat alongside Hojlund.

joedirt87

I dont see a lot of changes. Maybe Reguilon if he's fit gets a start, otherwise same 11 that stated at the weekend.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Proper weird obsession some of you with wanting the Mount signing to fail, very odd.

Oranges038

Onana
    Dalot Varane Maguire Reguilon
    Amrabat
    Antony Eriksen Mount
    Hojlund Rashford
    Leave Bruno out. He's in terrible form, and the team's not in a position to let him keep trying to play through it. I know we all think he doesn't need rest but it can't be a coincidence that he's playing like shit after a season where he played more minutes than anyone else in world football.

With Mount and Antony's pressing workrate there's enough protection for Amrabat there.

And with Mount behind him Rashford can push higher up and focus less on defending and building (which he's just not doing anyway at the moment) and more on providing threat alongside Hojlund.
    Keep 433 and drop Bruno and Rashford, replace them with Mount and Garnacho. Or if it's 4312 - I'd even put Martial up top with Hojlund at this stage.

Might give Bruno and Rashford a kick up the hole they desperately need.

Andre Kagawa

People here lining up without Bruno and Rashford are deluding themself. ETH's captain (and favourite) shall always play.

RuudTom83

We all know Rashford and Bruno are starting...so the only question that's needs answering is does Bruno start on the right?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    Amrabat will play with Eriksen from the start, Bruno in no10, Mount on bench. Mount will come for Eriksen or Antony after 60'. Bruno will complete 100 minutes on the pitch.

Zora

Fail to win and its ta ta bye bye CL for 2 years.
    Hopefully. Will wake the Glazers up and make them actually consider a sale next time.

Too many of our fans want the short term endorphin hit of a ‘top 4’ trophy finish. It never helps Utd.

Hopefully we lose tonight and that’s that. We need to think about the long term now, not these short lived, pointless European adventures.

Oranges038

Hopefully. Will wake the Glazers up and make them actually consider a sale next time.

Too many of our fans want the short term endorphin hit of a ‘top 4’ trophy finish. It never helps Utd.

Hopefully we lose tonight and that’s that. We need to think about the long term now, not these short lived, pointless European adventures.
    Pathetic attitude to have.

Long term it's better to win and get through the group to the knockout stages.

Andy_Cole

feck that. KO time it’s anyone’s ballgame. Luck of the draw, kicking into form all comes to play. Need to get out this group by beating Copenhagen twice and beating Galatasary by a good margin.

RedDevilRoshi

Simply need to win otherwise we are out and playing for Europa League football after Christmas.

Onana

Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Reguilon

Amrabat - Eriksen

Antony - B.Fernandes - Garnacho

Højlund​

Bayindir, Lindelof, Evans, McTominay, Van De Beek, Mount, Mejbri, Pellistri, Martial, Rashford

Manchester United 2-0 FC Copenhagen

RedUnited86

Looking forward to another uninspiring performance. Can't wait to see Antony, Bruno and Rashford's continued unjustified selection.

crossy1686

career ending
    Lose and it's looking bleak for Ten Hag and what's left of our season. A club that prides itself on playing Champions League football cannot show up and lose the first 3 games, play a total of 6, then head into the Europa or Conference league. It's unacceptable all round and serious questions need to be asked.

Telsim

They did quite well against Bayern and Galatasaray. Defended well and took their chances. We failed to do that. But we should still be able to put something past them, even with the dire state of our forward line.

Expecting a dull draw. Once again, drop Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford. Maybe then we could look for the win.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Lose and it's looking bleak for Ten Hag and what's left of our season. A club that prides itself on playing Champions League football cannot show up and lose the first 3 games, play a total of 6, then head into the Europa or Conference league. It's unacceptable all round and serious questions need to be asked.
    Come back with the sentiment if we lose then.

Red Royal

A lot of doom around after the Galatasaray result, however, when Hojlund put us in front OT was rocking. It was a silly mistake for the 2nd equaliser with the horrendous mistake/sending off killing any hope of a comeback. Wasn't as BAD a collective performance as some are making out

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
    A lot of doom around after the Galatasaray result, however, when Hojlund put us in front OT was rocking. It was a silly mistake for the 2nd equaliser with the horrendous mistake/sending off killing any hope of a comeback. Wasn't as BAD a collective performance as some are making out
    As soon as we went down to ten we dropped our heads as always. City or Liverpool still win from that position. Is going down to ten is basically a given that we’ll lose.

Bestofthebest

Just watched United U19 vs Copenhagen U19s and it was just like watching the First team, lots of back passing, slow build up and giving away possession. I think there was one shot on target by Utd and not a lot by Copenhagen apart from the winning goal which was a prime example of Utd defending ie three defenders running back with the attacker and then let him shoot without a challenge. Does this all sound familiar? Not very encouraging for tonight’s game as I can see it being along the same lines. I certainly hope it isn’t and that we can actually turn out a commanding performance with a few goals. Time will tell.

klsv

Lose this and I will be under immense pressure to log out of the forum.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Just watched United U19 vs Copenhagen U19s and it was just like watching the First team, lots of back passing, slow build up and giving away possession. I think there was one shot on target by Utd and not a lot by Copenhagen apart from the winning goal which was a prime example of Utd defending ie three defenders running back with the attacker and then let him shoot without a challenge. Does this all sound familiar? Not very encouraging for tonight’s game as I can see it being along the same lines. I certainly hope it isn’t and that we can actually turn out a commanding performance with a few goals. Time will tell.
    That's the spirit!

Bestofthebest

That's the spirit!
    It is actually what is known as realism. Something alarmingly absent among many Utd. fans. I think if you had watched the game you would notice the similarity between the U19s and the first team. It is also difficult to maintain “spirit” when professional footballers appear to have lost theirs.

Marwood

I wouldn't let that worry you. What with it being a completely different set of human beings on the pitch tonight.

Mike Smalling

I have a feeling we would see a much better team performance if a) We are able to field an actual left back, and b) Fernandes is given a rest.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    It is actually what is known as realism. Something alarmingly absent among many Utd. fans. I think if you had watched the game you would notice the similarity between the U19s and the first team. It is also difficult to maintain “spirit” when professional footballers appear to have lost theirs.
    Realism is assuming we lose later 'cos a bunch of 17 year olds, 90% of which wont ever see first team football at OT lost earlier today? Ok!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    He's just shit. It's not that deep.
    Chelsea POTY and Champs League winner - ok!

*And I'm not convinced he'll be a success here either by the way- just not a reactionary idiot with an agenda.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Andre Onana image Andre Onana 57% of 311 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 279 ratings.

Score Predictions