Sat, 24 February 2024 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    MEN ratings: Maguire "clumsy"... don't have to be Einstein to have noticed that

Andersons Dietician

McTominay would have been a better option. Played striker as a kid, presses and scores goals
    McT said he played like 2 games as a striker, and finds it funny people say he played as a striker as a kid. Does scores goals, would run his socks off so probably would have been a good call.

miked99

Missed pretty much the entire match due to the dogshit experience that is trying to stream online. Might as well have listened to the radio.

Doesn't sound like it's going great.

flameinthesun

Not sure why Forson is playing, doesn't look like he has much about him. Bruno spamming balls all over the place. Bruno and Rashford are big barriers to this team move up levels imo. Garnacho and Dalot have done okay though.

Von Mistelroum

Garrnacho, Mainoo, maybe Dalot are the only players worth keeping in outfield positions from that starting 10
    Accurate. We have some truly terrible players these days, although the manager needs to take a lot of responsibility for playing 10 men every match, and also for playing Forson over Amad because he clearly has some weird issue with him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Whole game is based on transition sprints, this style can not work when you are playing more than once a week, just impossible to keep the intensity consistent. Ten Hag has to show some way of bringing control, yes you can blame the players but when the style is consistently hoof it over the top that is on him. Basically wasting Mainoo chasing breaking balls instead of letting him control the game and tempo.

Will win the game, started to get some momentum in the last few mins but Ten Hag has to coach a better, more sustainable style than this.
    My entire point, but he seems to not value control at all no matter who the players we have are which is why I'd fecking can him anyways this summer. You could bring in some of the best in the world and this style would still struggle to consistently perform well and get results, it's basically an offshoot idea of the Bielsa Leeds teams

JeffFromHK

mentality is infectious, the absence of Hojlund and the presence of Rashford up front dragged the motivation of the whole team down

pacifictheme

Fulham play the ball out the exact same way every time. You can see what they are doing clear as day and it works every time. So frustrating.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Ok, just saying I heard this exact same argument when I suggested switching Garnacho to rw. Everyone was saying he hadn't played there like that means it's impossible for him to perform in the role.
    Garnocho is a winger. McTominay isnt a striker might as well play Bruno up top. McT isnt going to hold the ball up and bring others into play so chances develop

Ole'sgunnarwin

Badly coached and braindead players. Allowing their midfield a mountain of space. Maguire could have easily had a red. Always rash cause he's too slow. Casemeiro with silly backheels. Bruno with Hollywood balls. Rashford doesn't look interested.

Happy with Onana, Mainoo and Dalot. Not many more positives. Not giving Amad a chance is madness.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    Easily one of the worst halves this season, considering it's fecking Fulham without their most important player at Old Trafford.
    We're missing our best CB and our only decent striker though.

Don't get me wrong, that's part of the problem for me. We don't know how to play well unless we're full strength.

tomaldinho1

I look at this team and it’s not an exaggeration to say 50% of them could/should be gone in summer. Mental how we got to this stage but it is what it is.

Kaizane

I find it strange how Diallo doesn't start this game. Maybe TH sees him as an 8. Wonder what Antony must be thinking...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I hate it when United are boring... we might as well be watching Conference

UDontMessWith24

I can’t remember too many dangerous positions they got into that weren’t simply a result of our players neither picking up runners nor putting pressure on the ball. When we finally looked arsed after the first half hour it was a different game. Mainoo and Bruno just don’t exist when Fulham have the ball

Pughnichi

MEN...

Onana

Made good saves. 7

Dalot

Went close. 6

Varane

Early error but not costly. 6

Maguire

Clumsy and cautioned. 5

Lindelof

Unconvincing. 5

Casemiro

Exposed again. 5

Mainoo

Not effected the game. 5

Forson

Failed to justify start so far. 5

Garnacho

Biggest attacking threat. 7

Fernandes

Poor. 5

Rashford

Drifted without having an impact. 5
    Think you’ve been very generous

Onana 7 - kept us in it
    Dalot 5 - not impacting game. 1 good shot
    Varane 4 - not retaining possession
    Maguire 4 - looking clumsy and slow
    Lindelof 4 - so passive
    Casemiro 4 - a ghost
    Mainoo 5 - tidy as expected with no impact
    Bruno 3 - dog shit
    Garnacho 7 - looks dangerous
    Rashford 3 - dog shit
    Forson 4 - looking every bit academy player

No agenda against Rashford and Bruno. They have just been genuinely terrible

Njord

My guess is that in three/four years Forson and Amad will both have left United. Amad will be lighting it up at somewhere like Real Sociedad, while Forson will be playing for Reading.

We will look back at this game, wondering what the feck we were thinking.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can’t remember too many dangerous positions they got into that weren’t simply a result of our players neither picking up runners nor putting pressure on the ball. When we finally looked arsed after the first half hour it was a different game. Mainoo and Bruno just don’t exist when Fulham have the ball
    Because they are asked to press as a front 5 for some idiotic reason, and Fulham bypass it easily leaving Casemiro getting swamped. It's the same shit that's happened all season no matter who is in the lineup for us.

MonkeysMagic

If Ratcliffe is a true Utd fan, he'll know ETH hasno future at OT. We'd better be talking to the next candidates given so many top teams are looking for managers next season.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Garnocho is a winger. McTominay isnt a striker might as well play Bruno up top. McT isnt going to hold the ball up and bring others into play so chances develop
    I think he might - he's possibly our most physically strong player

Yanited__

It's just a really poor half. Again, another match at Old Trafford where at half time it feels like it's been a tough watch so far. I wish I was at the stadium to gage the fan reaction, can't imagine the crowd would be happy with this display so far.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
    Andreas better than Bruno so far. Very tidy and makes good decisions.

How many times do we have to learn that Rashford up top doesn't work?

Forson has been okay, would like to see Amad at half time. Probably see Antony.

Dazzmondo

McT said he played like 2 games as a striker, and finds it funny people say he played as a striker as a kid. Does scores goals, would run his socks off so probably would have been a good call.
    Fair enough about the played as a kid comment then, thought he had played there when a lot when he was like 12 or 13. Regardless, he has more qualities to suit the position than our other options imo. Not suggesting he should suddenly be competing with Hojlund

Gordon S

I know it is pointless attacking Marcus since he will get 90min no matter what. But just how does EtH accept such laid back performances week in week out, absolutely beggars belief

Bobski

My entire point, but he seems to not value control at all no matter who the players we have are which is why I'd fecking can him anyways this summer. You could bring in some of the best in the world and this style would still struggle to consistently perform well and get results, it's basically an offshoot idea of the Bielsa Leeds teams
    Yes, have to look beyond the results, the amount of counter attack chances that Fulham wasted in that half was mad, 5 v 4's , 4 v 3's, defenders actually did well to limit clear chances. Midfield is being asked to play a style that makes them all look bad when compared to the more structured play of most teams Utd face, but not seeing long term success with this style.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw