Kick-off
Tue, 3 October 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

Amrabat good Casimero good, Hojlund good ..Varane good the rest are just not doing it. Set piece rubbish is the ball made of lead they can't get it in the air from free kicks , Rashford trying to hard instead of playing what's in front of him .

This Turkish side are not very good were making them look better than they are, more composure on ball better passing in final 3rd and not give the ball away from CM so they can counter..

Thought the tackle on Casimero was a shithouse one over the ball, on another day that's more than yellow. Would have been different if the other way round?..

redom

Decent start and took a deserved lead, thought it was gonna be two when Mount put Hojlund through but we squandered that opportunity and then conceded another pathetic goal which seemed to delete 50% of all our players ability and decision making capabilities because we looked really really sloppy after that and didn't regain our composure at all before half time, hopefully we can refocus and collect ourselves during the break because it looks like we could throw this one away as well if we don't.

Hester_manc

Hojlund is making a lot of runs 1 on 1 with the last defender but no one seems to spot him through the ball. Its always get the ball out wide first.
    Just fecking look for the through ball through the middle, he's making the runs.
    I have seen this too, and he did the same against Palace. But he rarely gets the necessary pass. It's like they've never trained with him before

ClassOf'99

Started quite well, scored and then they scored a shit goal after amateur defending from Dalot and we just crumble.
    Mount, Hojlund, Amrabat doing ok, at least I feel Rashford is trying this game.

I’d sub Antony on for Bruno, get some width and start using Hojlund more, he can bully Sanchez one on one. More patience, less panic.
    I agree with all of this. Dalot needs to get his head out his a*se and Bruno needs to be subbed for Antony or Garnacho.

We are playing well outside of our 2 Portugeezers

PoTMS

Højlund and Mount have been excellent. Lindelof and Amrabat have been quietly good. The others have ranged from poor to appalling.

theatreofdreams777

Rashford barely looking like a footballer now. The ball bounces off him every single time. Unable to control the ball to save his life.

Both him & Bruno stinking the place up again but knowing ten Hag, he will sub Hojlund & Mount who looked lively before them.

Get Martial on for Rashford and Eriksen & Garnacho for Bruno & Hannibal. We need to win this one.

Woodenlung

Just watched the replay for Galatasary's goal.

Anyone blaming Onana is a moron.

Lyng

Erik needs to stop sacrificing the captain on that right wing ffs.

Antony is back, play him.
    Just get Bruno back on his spot, don't fecking ruin him too.

He would have picked Hojlund's runs at least twice.

And get Eriksen for Hanibal.
    We need composure.
    Based on this season he wouldnt. he hardly ever passes to Rasmus.

CloneMC16

Also however awful that defending from Dalot is, what a truly typical deflection to loop it over the keeper. Classic goal against us.
    That's been our luck this season. Nothing is going for us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    Ayhan, Torreira and Casemiro putting on a clinic in showing the world how to give the ball away.

It's been an awful spectacle for the football purists.

FlapR

This game looks ridiculously wide open on the wings. It all comes down to quality for the balls into the box.

Also, not sure if it's just me but I'm fecking sick of people quoting xG. It means absolutely nothing but has for some reason become a staple in most football related discussion...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
    Mount is really impressing me today. How anyone can look at that and criticize him is beyond me. Hojlund good as well, as is Amrabat. Agree we need more penetration from the wings. Put on Anthony and Garnacho. We need to score bc we re clearly getting killed on transition almost every time.

united for life

We are unorganised going forward. Players switching positions like headless chicken. Not structured at all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Seeing us attempt to play out of pressure and in tight spaces is sad. So many poor touches, poorly weighted passes, weak shielding of the ball, etc. Galatasaray's press is absolute amateur hour, too, and we still make it look difficult.

Blood Mage

Definitely like watching us under Rangnick lately. The players have zero belief and no clue what their roles are in the team apart from Casemiro. Very worrying.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    We are dropping points here, be surprised if we score again.
    If it wasn't already clear Ten Hag isn't the manager to lead us to the big trophies. What a boring man playing boring football.
    DOOM AND GLOOM!!

A draw and we’re out. That team cannot cope with the away atmosphere at Galatasaray and Copenhagen. They cannot even do it at Old Trafford. Our only hope is to win all 3 home games and get a draw away.
    What?! A draw and we’re out? We got home and away games for each match (yes I have read your whole post, which makes it even more flabbergasting.) No way we’re out if we draw.

Still fully believe we’re through in 2nd and out of the group stages at the end of this group stage.

United Hobbit

I dont think he is a bad player but he is just average at everything. He just doesnt have any really stand out quality but he is able to look bad at certain things at times.
    Agree, he's just a bit meh with glimpses, and I'd say is another with the fold like a deck of cards mentality

Rustyspider13

We're actually playing well. Making dangerous moves fairly regularly, but the final touches are again, missing. The amount of times I saw the ball bounce off of our players because of a poor pass or a mis-control is appalling. It doesn't help when our defense is shit either. Galatasaray have done nothing and will continue to do so because the draw is good enough for them. I can easily see frustration getting the better of our players and then conceding a counter/ getting sent off. We really need some luck to get this win here, our mentality is going down the gutter every minute.

PoTMS

This is meant to be our easiest CL fixture. Pot 4 team at home. And honestly who would be surprised if we ended up losing this one?

lex talionis

No. DeGea maybe says that with better reflexes, but it was a shot driven into the ground that bounced up and over him because Dalot got manhandled.
    Forget De Gea. Obama was in no man’s land. Dalot fukked it up, but Onana’s positioning was piss poor.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    Definitely like watching us under Rangnick lately. The players have zero belief and no clue what their roles are in the team apart from Casemiro. Very worrying.
    No it aint :lol:

i should never really go into the matchday forum, it’s so jarring. Full of doom and gloom and over the top criticisms.

Idxomer

Does anyone know why is Bruno on set pieces?

The other team has more chance of scoring when he's taking one.

90 + 5min

If every player put 5% more in their effort we would win. With ease.

Our players need also to understand that they are not friends with opponents. Stop hugging and laughing with them.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    This is meant to be our easiest UCL game. Pot 4 team at home. And who would be surprised if we ended up losing this one?
    Is it feck :lol:

Copenhagen is probably the “easiest” - Galatasaray aren’t exactly a walk over.

United Hobbit

Do we not coach ball retention I'm so sick of seeing us misplace passes/ sloppily give the ball away which invites the opposition to attack us. We start to attack. We give the ball away. Rinse and repeat. We can't establish any control of the game by doing this so often

Stadjer

I'm sorry but what's Onana supposed to do there? Ya'll think he's 3 meters tall and will just pluck that bouncing ball out of the air?
    No but he makes the angles more difficult to hit for the striker by getting out of his goal. In most cases the attacker shoots the ball against him. Now the attacker stumbles, miss hits the ball onto the floor and it bounces over Onana. That is just very unlucky for Onana.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 94% of 279 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 308 ratings.

Score Predictions