Kick-off
Sun, 20 December 2020 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jonno

Can’t wait for this. Gutted theres no fans. There won’t be half as much hatred in this as I’m used to, but it will be a cracking game I’m sure

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    Last 5 games for Leeds - 2 wins (Everton, Newcastle), 1 Draw (Arsenal) and 2 Losses (Chelsea, West Ham). They've had some tough games recently. They tend to get high xG so this is not a game for Matic and Pogba midfield. We need to go with Shaw also.

On the other side, Leeds concede a lot of chances too so this should be fun. We could really use Cavani as they seem to have no clue how to defend balls from the wings and how to win headers.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
    Zlatan
    Certainly think this will be a high scoring match. One for the neutrals definitely, Leeds will play into oles counter attacking tactics, but Leeds will press and harass our back four when playing out.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
    What, so we should pick a similar team? Get Ole to get his boots on? Pointless stat.
    Think you’re reading too much into that one - more of a cosmetic stat so I agree with you.

There is more relevant stats in the article for example Leeds are the team that has put in the most crosses in the EPL but we have the defender with one of if not the best aerial success rate in the league - Maguire stands at 80% aerial success rate.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Anyone else feeling confident about this one?

Think we're gonna surprise people and win this game comfortably this afternoon.

KennyBurner

Really hope pogba doesn’t start this game. Against Sheffield he lost the ball countless times and was bailed out by lindelof. Im sure the same will happen against Leeds and this time they will capitalize on it.

Given the ball away consistently multiple times every game doesn’t constitute a good performance even though he created an assist.

Lash

Supports
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Anyone else feeling confident about this one?

Think we're gonna surprise people and win this game comfortably this afternoon.
    I am, they are open as feck and that's much better for us and we tend to do well against teams like that.
    I bet you all £100 that United drop points today.
    Didn't realise you were so loaded, must be a real Kensington Chelsea fan

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I am, they are open as feck and that's much better for us and we tend to do well against teams like that.
    They been hit and miss all season, like us I guess, so let's hope they're having an off day. Unlikely given the rivalry between us and the fact we haven't played each other in the league for decades.

Shame we'll have no fans present as the atmosphere would be great today.

Hughie77

Need a good start, been saying that most of the season? I think ole goes with Fred and Mctom. Shaw back in . Pogba bench and Cavani bench. Unless he goes with Cavani from start with Martial , Rashford . Let's see. Pogba is the tough one to drop on present form in last 2 games.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Really mental how bad our home form has been this season. Surely today is the day we put in a performance?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Pogba Fred
    Greenwood Fernandes Rashford
    Martial
    Hopefully Cavani is fit enough for the bench so we can bring on him and Telles if we're struggling.

HowYouDoin

I have a really bad feeling about this game but one dilemma I see everyone having is the midfield.
    I would personally start Fred and Pogba. It is our strongest midfield that we should play against most teams except maybe the super top level like City and Liverpool.
    For the time being anyway. Once Pogba is gone then it will be VDB who might be a better fit with McT instead of Fred.

HowYouDoin

Henderson
    AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Telles
    Fred Pogba
    Bruno
    Rashford Greenwood Martial

This is the team I would start.

Red Royal

Need a good start, been saying that most of the season? I think ole goes with Fred and Mctom. Shaw back in . Pogba bench and Cavani bench. Unless he goes with Cavani from start with Martial , Rashford . Let's see. Pogba is the tough one to drop on present form in last 2 games.
    I would prefer Greenwood as a sub chasing a goal or against tiring legs. He really doesn't contributite to our build up play enough, just looks to go dorect himself too often. He will learn, but this game we cant afford to give up possession so easily.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    Really hope pogba doesn’t start this game. Against Sheffield he lost the ball countless times and was bailed out by lindelof. Im sure the same will happen against Leeds and this time they will capitalize on it.

Given the ball away consistently multiple times every game doesn’t constitute a good performance even though he created an assist.
    Yeah, only if we play 4 midfielders (4-2-2-2/ diamond). No place for Matic.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    I expected VDB to start this match in central midfield, but his poor showing off the bench in the last match (albeit at #10) puts that in doubt. Combine that with Pogba's good performance in the same match and we may very well use Pogba again instead. It's tough to pick what we'll do.

SER19

What a difficult game to predict. Two teams that you're not quite sure what you'll get.

For no other reason than blind optimism in going to go for one of those rare days where for some reason things click and we win 4-0, Greenwood x2

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
    Leeds are quite an open and attacking team, which could play into our hands. We struggle more against park the bus teams, if Leeds try to play their usual attacking game we could punish them on the counter attack.

Walters_19_MuFc

Some of our counters were frightening that day and I can only imagine we'll be doing the same thing today, as Bielsa won't change his style.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 92% of 398 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions