Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
vs.

Sunday 16th March 2014
Old Trafford
KO: 1:30pm

Play the same team. (or drop RVP? but vs. the scousers? argh, leave that to the FF experts to argue about)

Come on, let's beat those cnuts.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Drop RVP for this, and play Welbeck.

Get the team firing on all wavelengths again.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd go:

Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

Coutinho can come on off the bench to give us an excellent option and allow us to pick holes through your tired defence. I'm confident about this one, 3-1 to us.

Kag

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Jones Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Mata Rooney Kagawa
Welbeck

Given the way we finished today's match, I'd like to see that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Must win. We cannot set up not to lose. Liverpool's attack is lethal. Letting them get on the front foot would be inviting disaster. We've got to put error prone Toure and co. under pressure and give them something to think about. This is a must win game. If we go out to draw and end up losing I'm gonna go absolutely ballistic. This match is the acid test of Moyes' reign. We've had false dawns before where a good win has been followed by a miserable loss. That cannot happen against Liverpool. Its three points or bust.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Must win. We cannot set up not to lose. Liverpool's attack is lethal. Letting them get on the front foot would be inviting disaster. We've got to put error prone Toure and co. under pressure and give them something to think about. This is a must win game. If we go out to draw and end up losing I'm gonna go absolutely ballistic. This match is the acid test of Moyes' reign. We've had false dawns before where a good win has been followed by a miserable loss. That cannot happen against Liverpool. Its three points or bust.
Toure won't be playing. If it's Agger and Skrtel we need a similar performance that we got from them last time against you where they were top class.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
It would be incredibly stupid to go and "attack, attack, attack" a good counter-attacking team on a high. We would need to keep it tight and try not concede an early goal. As the game passes, Liverpool's midfield and defence show enough weakness for the opposition to exploit. Rooney will need to drop deeper than he usually does. Van Persie's hold up play would be crucial.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Smalling Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Mata Rooney Welbeck
Van Persie

V/s

Sterling Suarez Sturridge
Allen Gerrard Henderson
Johnson Agger Skrtel Flanagan
Mignolet
A cagey 2-1 or 1-0 win to us. At the worst it will be a 2-2 draw. No way in hell will Liverpool win this.

Gerald G

De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Jones--Evra
Carrick--Fellaini
Mata--Rooney--Welbeck
van Persie

Approach the game with a bit of caution though. We shouldn't go all out attack on them otherwise they would pick us off on the counter.

I can only hope we win this one. But I would take out Januzaj and bring in Welbeck. Everything else remains the same.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I really am looking forward to the next week of Barney quoting any remotely positive post about this game from a United perspective and mocking it with smilies and stuff, because that's not going to be tedious, at all.

Castia

I don't mind who plays be it RvP or Welbeck but for the love of god please don't play Valencia and Young.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Old Trafford has been easy and a few posts above you were confident of a 3-1 win.

Shame that you don't want to take me on the bet.
I do think we'll win and I am confident. I'm not confident enough to make that bet though.

Gerald G

What's this 'no-way Liverpool will win' nonsense. We're hardly brilliant are we. I think it may be 50-50 but bookies will probably put Liverpool as favourites probably deservedly so but we'll see.

As I said we've got to be cautious. Don't want to be too open.

Anduin

I'd play the same line-up as today and tell Rooney to play a lot deeper than usually to match Liverpool's three man midfield. No Valencia and Young is a given, but we also don't need Cleverley; Carrick and Fellaini should be certain starters now. Both Jones and Smalling should keep their place too, I don't see how Vidic or Rio could keep up with the pace of Liverpool's front line.

Will be a close game... the team that scores first will win IMO. It's really difficult to predict a result here, as Liverpool are in terrific form, but we will definitely rise to the challenge here and have had three decent league results in a row now too.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What's this 'no-way Liverpool will win' nonsense. We're hardly brilliant are we. I think it may be 50-50 but bookies will probably put Liverpool as favourites probably deservedly so but we'll see.

We'll probably concede so why not go out and attempt to outscore them?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Carrick--Fellaini
Mata--Rooney--Januzaj
van Persie

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

We are favourites with bookmakers and rightly so.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We'll definitely turn up for for this one. We always do.

They will definitely score, no doubt about it. Probably very early in the match. Our aim should be to outscore them.
All this nonsense with 'caution' won't work. This is not a Mourinho team, and there's too much at stake here for this game to remain sensible and disciplined.

Rafael and Evra are bound to start, the CBs Are an issue. I'd like to see someone fast, dependable and consistent back there, no Rio please, or even Vidic. Smalling/Evans might be ideal, but I wouldn't mind if Jones started - he's usually brilliant in our big games, and is the one man you'd want to contain Suarez. Rafael/Evra must stick to Sterling.

I really don't know what to expect from our open-play attacks, it's taken a step in a whole new direction against Crystal Palace and West Brom.

Width might actually be our friend this game, Liverpool are too narrow - that shouldn't mean we see Valencia/Young again, though. We need movement to break their defence, and lots. of free kicks - with Fellaini and Skrtl together in the box, you never know.

Mata, Fellaini will be our X-factors. Both are still due their first goals in a United shirt.

DDG
Rafael - Smalling - Jones - Evra
Carrick - Fellaini
Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
Welbeck

RvP should be dropped because he just doesn't look threatening or clinical of late, can't or doesn't want to work with Rooney and is probably not mentally up for this game - he seems to have some issues. Welbeck is much more threatening with his pace and movement.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Rafael Smalling Jones Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Mata Rooney Kagawa
Van Persie​

Given that it's against Liverpool, you need to play the best players like RVP, and Kagawa deserves a start, save Januzaj for Olympiacos (where Shinji should also start). Most of the team picks itself, the only debatable positions are Kagawa or Januzaj, and then Van Persie or Welbeck. I can see Moyes going for Young instead though, sadly, hope not though. Today's 3-0 should be a confident boost to everyone involved, one that was desperately needed. One of the 2 important league games left this season pretty much, and its all because of pride, given it doesn't matter too much if we finish 5th or 7th.

Think we might actually win it, our players will be pumped up, no way will Liverpool get a league double over us.

3-1, Van Persie, Mata, Kagawa the goalscorers, Sturridge to score for them.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Pff, optimism shmoptimism. We're going to get a hiding here.

1. We're crap at Old Trafford this season.
2. Moyes + match against big team = :(
3. Suarez and Sturridge + our soft, squishy defence = :(

Although if Skrtel plays, we might win 9-6 or something.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Got my on loan red scarf ready for this one. Send these foul beasts into the abyss!

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Hopefully we can play the role of Liverpool over the years and rise for the big occasion and spoil their party.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Drop RVP, otherwise keep the same team. Mata, Adnan and Welbeck/Shinji behind Rooney.
Taking my emotions into it, I agree I think that it might be better not to play RVP. However, it's a big game, you need your match winners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.