Kick-off
Sun, 24 October 2021 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Will Singh

I feel sorry for Ole. He’s an absolute club legend and being utterly humiliated. Looking at his face there I think he might resign…
    Don’t worry about him he’s financially secure because of United. I’m sure if he doesn’t work another day he won’t go hungry!

jem

Why is Paul Scholes going on about Pogba? In the grand scheme of things, his crimes have been pretty minor.

Schmeichel=God

The way he was looking at the stadium as he walked off looked like he's resigning.
    I don't even want him to. I hope he gets his money. A proper pay off in modern day monetary terms for that goal back in 1999.

Dont walk Ole. Board, just act.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    Too bad you can't win anything in October else you would have said Ole would have won us PL, CL, FA Cup and League cup.
    Well I don't really care about League Cup. But the rest are in the bag (if only we bought a DM).

Mike Oxard

Supports
    City
    It’s not long ago that a lot of people thought we were genuine title challengers. In fact, it was only a few weeks. Let’s not over react. Today was bad, but we’ve had worse. In another day, we would have only lost by the odd goal. We need to go back to basics. Get some heart back into the team. We need fighters. I know most don’t like him, but Phil Jones has got more fight than all of todays 11 put together. We’re not title contenders yet, we have at least 4 years before that happens. Let’s concentrate on trying to get into the top 4 and accept that a trophy is beyond us at the moment. As for Ole, I doubt he’ll survive, but I would keep him until the end of the season.

jesperjaap

I am really not surprised at all. All season so far, especially since Varane was injured....I have considered so far, this is the WORST side in my forty years of supporting the club without the ball.
    Individually there are players in key areas simply not intelligent or good enough and collectively we look absolutely clueless in terms of pressing, shape and organisation.

First off:

Ole and the coaching staff have to go - Thanks Ole, you did a reasonable job for a while, you will always be a legend at this club. But you have gone as far as you can, some of your post match interviews to me have shown you are not up to this job in terms of winning trophies.....as for what the coaching staff are doing other than standing on the sidelines with there hands on ther echins looking gormless and bemused I dont know?

A new manager may sort out these problems, but lets not forget we have a squad of over 30 and whoever takes this job on simply HAS to move on so many players within it

Grant - Seriously wtf is he still doing here now?
    Lindelof - Never been a fan but I thought he was actually ok the last few months of last year. Now he gets chances with Varane injured and is piss poor again. SO average a defender nt worthy of the shirt Sell
    Bailly -
    I liked him the first season or so, but injuries, moments of madness, sorry, time to go
    Jones - We gave a new contrat to an injury ravaged player, never fulfilled the promise of many years before
    Dalot/Williams/Tuanzabe - NOne are good enough and have been loaned or on loan, should all be sold
    Pogba - Cant consistently play central midfield and other positions already filled. Should have been sold in the summer once we got Fernandes
    Mata Another new contract, another wtf is he still doing here. Lovely guy, but never pulled up trees here, wrong type of player
    Lingard Again wtf is he still doing here
    Pereira Loan with option to buy...not confident goes through another wtf
    Fred Considering the fee, one of the worst transfers we have ever made. LikeLindelof, never gone above average and often been piss poor
    Matic Been a decent player for us and scaringly one of our better midfielders now....but he hasnt the energy now
    DVB Expect many will say new manager he may get a chance, personally wasnt keen on him in the first place, a neat and tidy squad player, vastly over rated due to the Ajax success
    Martial Yes...wtf is he still doing here
    Chong Foudn his level, never goingto make it here
    Cavani Brilliant pro brilliant player, only on list as no doubt he will choose to leave

In all honesty there are two or three others could add vastly over rated by our own fans, but lets leave it at fifteen players, all but 3/4 should have been sol din the summer in fact in cases, years ago

Then ffs invest in the right areas.

RB - Im a fan of Bissaka an dthink he is far better than the criticism he gets, but yes he has been awful so far this season, he needs competition...for me Lampty of Brighton
    CB - We need someone to challenge Maguire. I would like a youngster, Fofana if he comes back strong from injury the obvious one, also another....Romagnoli could be free, bags of experience
    CM - We need TWO, McTominay is a squad player, Hannibal hasn tbroken through yet and maybe further up? Bissouma, RIce, Barella would be my three to try and get two from

Considerign what we have spent, the fact we stil need to spend £200m+ says it all. I think the freeing up of big wages and the transfers of those players out helps make it possible.

Move Greenwood up front to compete with Ronaldo, let Hannibal compete and allow Fernandes to rest, get the likes of Elanga/Pellestri/Amad involved in the squad

Tony247

It’s not the United way - It’s called respect!!!!!!
    There are better ways to show respect. You can show respect by simply standing there, not slandering or yelling abuse. But clapping after this!!!

steffyr2

Good news, we're getting a fine for our discipline too. So feck you Glazers.
    Seems like those mean ole Glazers gave Utd exactly what they wanted -- nicey, nicey Ole, who makes the players happy. Rather than mean old Jose who called the extremely expensive players out when they played badly.

(Actually even the most primadonna of player wouldn't like today.)

Utd wanted a legacy manager. Unfortunately none of them are that good. If they change to a professional, experienced manager how long would it be till cries were going out that Rashford/Greenwood/Shaw/etc weren't being treated in the "Utd way"?

Kaizane

Scholes caught sucking toes, Giggs in and out of court and an embarrassing defeat to them lot - a dark dark day to be a United fan.

togg

If it was any other guy in the hot seat, he would be sacked tonight. There is emotion behind his survival, but Sir Alex always said, no one is bigger than the club, even himself. He needs to go now, he'll always be thought of as a legend, this will not tarnish that because of the sentimentality behind him. He's actually done a great job, but time is up.

Blackwidow

If just one player doesn’t press then you’ve not got a press that works - as you say, Ronaldo can’t press but Pogba, Maguire and Bruno are useless at it too.
    You also can’t ever play a high press because DeGea refuses to push up and doesn’t have the distribution skills to play sweeper keeper.
    You should just set up your side to play to the best ability of your players and sitting deep & playing counter attacking football is the sweet spot for the players you have.
    Pressing is not just about the one that does the pressing - it is about others that get the opponent into cover shadows and the rows behind that need to keep distances. Pressing badly even helps the opponent. We look to much into offensive players that score - too less into the ones that are teamplayers and organize the pressing.

TheLord

It’s not long ago that a lot of people thought we were genuine title challengers. In fact, it was only a few weeks. Let’s not over react. Today was bad, but we’ve had worse. In another day, we would have only lost by the odd goal. We need to go back to basics. Get some heart back into the team. We need fighters. I know most don’t like him, but Phil Jones has got more fight than all of todays 11 put together. We’re not title contenders yet, we have at least 4 years before that happens. Let’s concentrate on trying to get into the top 4 and accept that a trophy is beyond us at the moment. As for Ole, I doubt he’ll survive, but I would keep him until the end of the season.
    Common, no one in their right senses thought so!

Ranchero

Have a feeling Ole is gonna resign after the game.
    [/QUOTE]
    I doubt it. He will let the dust settle. Wont be knee jerk. But i cannot for the life of me see anything other than Ole out by close of play tomorrow. If it doesnt happen then we really do have a joke of a club

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Exactly, no need to boo. Respect in the stadium is appropriate. But he must go.

Barthez

There are better ways to show respect. You can show respect by simply standing there, not slandering or yelling abuse. But clapping after this!!!
    I’m not criticising anyone sat at home on my ass!

Stig

Promote Ole to director of football, and Phelan and Burce as joint managers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Supports
    Also support Vasco da Gama
    Fans have ALWAYS respected the managers, even Moyes.
    That's part of the problem. Moyes should've been sacked months earlier, before our season completely went down the toilet. A little fan discontent could've saved our season.

OrcaFat

Sad to see, the man looks crushed. :(

Sad indeed. What a terrible day. I’ll miss him greatly. Think he got way too much criticism about the most bizarre stuff but some of it was justified and recent results can’t be defended.

Ranchero

We have had worse? Really? My god.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Time to go Solskjær and bring your coaches with you, the lack of tactics is obvious
    He doesn't know any more than this and can never take us to another level.
    Sorry for him but we started making mistakes at this club when we got rid of Herrera.
    He's now a powerhouse at PSG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win