Manchester United vs. Manchester City

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What the actual feck was Giggs performance today?

We've a fecking title race on our hands now lads, three hard away games coming up...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
SAF has been a legend but we need modern thinking if we are win big again eg. Champions League. Fergie's gone soft in his old age and is like a boxer suffering the effects of being knowcked out, he's gun shy!!
:rolleyes: Christ almighty.

dmode

We're still not over the CL strange red card... I can understand the players' low morale but they are and should be professional... Giggs was not on form neither do Rooney... where the feck was Van Persie?!? The match needed someone like Nani, I was hoping he'd come along late. It was a shameful display in the end... where we should try to score to level the game we were "trying" to hurt players.

I think the players know the league is for us... there is no motivation.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
At the end with Aguero, his stupidity made me say it. It's not a head injury so we weren't obliged to take the ball out of play. Just time wasting by Agueor, hence the comment cheating twats.

Far Too Late

I just hate feeling like this towards SAF. He is stressing me out. So many games now where we really needed him to pick the right team and make the right changes and he just makes the most inexplicable decisions - it can't be about keeping players happy can it? What is it then? I just don't get it.
Hate to say it, but he is getting old, and age has its fixations.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That was poor. We looked good in spells, but as soon as they took control of the midfield, we really struggled to ever get it back. RvP is really being starved of good balls. There wasn't a real clear chance for him today. We got lucky with the goal. City, as ropey as they've been in some games, are still better than us at keeping the ball in tight areas, and also not getting their strikers involved too early, whereas we had RvP and Rooney getting on the ball at the halfway line, and nothing infront of them. I didn't really understand what formation we were trying to play, and why Giggs started in the middle, when we could have had Cleverley or Kagawa there. I'm not one for slagging Giggs as he's proven me wrong constantly, but trying a backheel, under pressure, in your own half, is fecking stupid. Someone of his experience should be playing it safe. It reminded me of Rio doing a scoop-flick in the derby 3 years ago, led right to a goal.

Not to get all bitter, but only 4 mins at the end? 3 subs each (2 of which happened in stoppage time, and Tevez took an age to come off), 3 goals in the second half, Milner was down for a bit, and then Silva decided he wanted to have a sit down on the halfway line.

Despite our wingers underperforming, I'd have liked to have seen us play a little more direct, and swing some crosses in. Nastasic is a very good defender when the ball is on the ground, but he's a little guy, and not much of a physical presence. With the crosses that did go in and over Kompany, he looked to really hash that them, and more of those could have really caught them out. We just didn't look to have a plan on how we were going to score at all. There was no central penetration, and the wingers kept cutting in. It looked like we hadn't had a whole week to prepare for this game.

12 points softens the blow. It almost looked like the players had that 12 points in their mind and didn't really feel the pressure to step it up.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
At 1-1 we looked pretty solid, then a lapse in concentration and a brilliant finish came and City managed to see the game out by throwing themselves on the floor and wasting time. We weren't great but there were large sections of the match where we looked very much in control.

togg

where is that thread where about how it feels to win the 20th. Kept saying in that one it ain't over...and it isn't....far from it..I don't care what anyone says. You can bet your life city will win their remaining games..

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Oh well. 3 wins and a draw wins the league. I'd like us to win it more convincingly, with as many points and goals as possible, but I can't see us failing to get 10 points from those 7 games.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
It doesn't feel so bad for me. We still have 12 point cushion. Losing to city is not a nice feeling but I don't mind losing to them if we still win the league. They are not that important.

Far Too Late

:yawn:
If you stop being such a moron i'll stop reacting, it's simple.
Is there a blocking system on here? If so, I will activate it.

And if there is, I will find out that you didn't want to ignore me.

You tease.

Commadus

poor team selection
poor tactics
poor subs
poor performance
offside goal conceded
lucky to score
beaten by a brilliant goal

Far Too Late

At 1-1 we looked pretty solid, then a lapse in concentration and a brilliant finish came and City managed to see the game out by throwing themselves on the floor and wasting time. We weren't great but there were large sections of the match where we looked very much in control.

:lol:

Devil may care

It wasn't a huge surprise, we have not been playing very well and our last two league performances were pretty dire. The lack of craft and guile in the final third is troubling.

redevil2

Hate to say it, but he is getting old, and age has its fixations.
Too right you hated saying this because saf's mind is sharper than you for sure! He's not untouchable but his age has hardly got to do with anything unless you're suggesting he's not in good health

Kingcon

Feel free to look on the bright side all day but we've been a better squad at times this season and have all but lost that form. Yes, individually we have players showing up from game to game BUT as a team performance we are out of sync.

Rooney didn't need to start this game, felt Kagawa should have been in his place. Same for Clevs in for Giggs at CM. Young does nothing for me, like Valencia on the opposite wing EVERYONE knows what he has in the locker.

Yes we are on our way to the 20th title but we have some serious spring cleaning to do.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
some of you guys are spoiled bastards and quite frankly, fair weather fans.

Your team has got you a very comfortable lead, you had an off night tonight, first defeat in a long time in the league. Stop whinging and accept that it happens.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I had £2 on a 2-2 draw with Milner scoring first at 450-1.

I didn't enjoy the final 10 minutes.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Just saw the goal, brilliant from Kun. Not sure how you can fault Jones or the defense there, it was a helluva goal from an impossible angle really.

How was the rest of the match? Competitive?