Someone-Carrick-Someone-Kagawa
-------Rooney--RvP--------

Ludens the Red

----------De Gea---------
Rafael-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Someone-Carrick-Someone-Kagawa
-------Rooney--RvP--------
:lol:

It's got to that point hasn't it. I seriously think we should just start playing defenders in midfield. We've had no problem playing midfielders in defence, however daft so why not go the other way. It worked against Arsenal in the Cup that one time.

wr8_utd

:'(
Huge game this. Hopefully Rooney and Rafael are back for this and those are just the sort of players we need for this type of game with their passion and aggression. Win this and it's title all wrapped up. Even a draw wouldn't be bad.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
-------------DDG--------------
Rafael----Rio------Vidic--------Evra
------------Carrick------
------Kagawa----Cleverley-------
Welbeck-----Van Persie-----Rooney

Mystry

Friendship is magic
------------------DDG------------------
Rafael-------Rio-------Vidic------Evra
Welbeck--Carrick--Cleverley---Kagawa
-------------Rooney--RVP--------------

Something like that. Think we'll actually be really up for it after the crap display today.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If we win this, we'll win the City+20 points league

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Bit of a dead-rubber this, but would still like the win.

DDG
Rafael-Vidic-Rio-Evra
Carrick-Cleverley
Welbeck-Rooney-Kagawa
RVP​

Godfather

Not looking forwards to this at all. We look so out of shape atm it's not even funny. Would be more than satisfied with a draw.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well it's all about the league now then. I don't think we'll take the league easy - these players wanted to win more than the league this season, so the only way they can sooth the loss of exiting cups galore is to absolutely shit on the league. Get the points record, and just go all out.

Strongest team out for this. A win here should finish the league once and for all.

De Gea

Rafael*
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney
Van Persie

FINISH THEM!

Quinton Fortune

Cue uninspired and needlessly defensive display with Jones in midfield who will be 'triffic' with his running around whilst also providing us with a midfield that plays 2m infront of our back four and gives out strikers no supply.

Might not even bother watching it if we set up in the uninspired way I expect us to. We should be looking to show everyone we are the best team in the country not that we are able to not be beaten by the second best team.

Quinton Fortune

Jones was one of our best players, not his fault if we played defensively.
But thats the thing, it is. Not directly ofcourse. I'm sure he doesnt plan to make us sit deeper but it naturally happens when you have two defensive midfielders on, everyone tries to come closer to the ball because they cant rely on the passing as much which means the game gets squeezed and puts us on the backfoot too much. It also means that we don't launch counters as quickly because neither of our midfielders are confident with quickly launching the ball out wide or through the middle because they don't trust their passing enough so we become dull and predictable trying to rely on sideways passing before eventually getting it into a crossing position.

RonaldoVII

Feel Valencia has earnt his place after putting in a good shift today and vs Sunderland. Would like Giggs on the left too.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
No tickets and a series of uninspiring performances recently are leading me to not be as interested as I should be in this game.

Hopefully the players can take inspiration from a potential 18 point gap which effectively guarantees the title, not that it isn't that way now.

RonaldoVII

Is this a WUM ?
Clearly. Valencia had a decent game today, not spectacular but did well in defence and when moved back to the wing. Why wouldn't that constitute earning a place vs City? Nani was woeful, let's be right, and I'm his biggest fan.

Hellboy

Valencia wasn't much better offensively, he was actually horrendous, a shadow of the player he was last year. So if these kind of performances against the worst team in the league and an average player like Bertrand are worthy of a place in the starting line up, then it is very bad news for United.

RonaldoVII

Valencia wasn't much better offensively, he was actually horrendous, a shadow of the player he was last year. So if these kind of performances against the worst team in the league and an average player like Bertrand are worthy of a place in the starting line up, then it is very bad news for United.
Worst team in the league? We played Reading in the last round, this round was against Chelsea; the team that's knocked us out of both domestic cups. Valencia wasn't horrendous at all going forward. What did Nani do up against Bertrand? Our option on the right vs City is him or Nani and he wins hands down based on today's performances.

acrebo

It also means that we don't launch counters as quickly because neither of our midfielders are confident with quickly launching the ball out wide or through the middle because they don't trust their passing enough so we become dull and predictable trying to rely on sideways passing before eventually getting it into a crossing position.
Are you including Carrick when you say "neither". He's probably been our best passer of the ball over the last few months.

But, yes, Jones naturally slows down and condenses play by always looking to play it tight.

Hellboy

Worst team in the league? We played Reading in the last round, this round was against Chelsea; the team that's knocked us out of both domestic cups. Valencia wasn't horrendous at all going forward. What did Nani do up against Bertrand? Our option on the right vs City is him or Nani and he wins hands down based on today's performances.
I was talking about Sunderland. And I'm not defending Nani, he was as bad or worse. But it doesn't explain Valencia's woeful form. Against City, I'd rather play Kagawa & Young who in 5 minutes put more dangerous crosses than Valencia all match.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We will lose the match, one way or another. It is simply impossible for this team to do things the easy way. Then we'll have a pretty nice looking 12 point lead with 7 matches to go. Until you see that 2 are against Arsenal and Chelsea.

And somehow, in a manner only befitting of United, we'll manage to turn a 15 point lead into squeaky bum time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We will lose the match, one way or another. It is simply impossible for this team to do things the easy way. Then we'll have a pretty nice looking 12 point lead with 7 matches to go. Until you see that 2 are against Arsenal and Chelsea.

And somehow, in a manner only befitting of United, we'll manage to turn a 15 point lead into squeaky bum time.
I don't like people saying it's all done and dusted. it's like they're trying to invite a ridiculous end to the season.

But we'd have to lose to City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Stoke and West Ham, City would have to win all 5 of their equivalents.

And we'd still be level, with crap Villa, and on the beach Swansea7West Brom left!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bit of a dead-rubber this, but would still like the win.

DDG
Rafael-Vidic-Rio-Evra
Carrick-Cleverley
Welbeck-Rooney-Kagawa
RVP​

Dead rubber? With the title so close to our grasp? :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Carrick Jones
Welbeck Rooney Kagawa
Van Persie

If Rafael is injured, then Valencia will probably go to right back. Nani might go in for Welbeck, might not. Doubt Cleverley will play after today. Carrick and Jones should be solid enough, and we have to hope Rooney and RVP are up for it and play well. Would be a great time for Van Persie to end his goal drought. Hopefully we get a good performance, not the shite we have seen since we got knocked out of the Champions league.

LR7

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Anderson Carrick Cleverley
Rooney RvP Kagawa​

This is what I'd like to see but I'm 99% sure we won't line up anything like it. Wing play just doesn't seem fruitful atm. That said its unlikely Nani would have another game as shocking as today again so maybe he'd be in with a shout.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
De Gea
Rafael Ferdiand Vidic Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Nani Rooney Kagawa
Van Persie​

With Rooney and Kagawa both interchanging.

Best 11. Kill them.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Play like we did today and expect another 6-1. Title so close and all but feck it! I want them sucking our collective dick by the end of it
Jaysus, we weren't that bad today.

I see a draw next Monday, anyway. Be a boring game, like the rest of our remaining fixtures unfortunately. :(

Carl

I really hope we don't see the diamond. This isn't the game for experimental formations and tactics.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Didn't we target Clichy down the right wing last time we played them? Very much doubt we'll see the diamond.

Carl

Didn't we target Clichy down the right wing last time we played them? Very much doubt we'll see the diamond.
Yes, but it wasn't because Clichy is shit. It's because their LB was getting no help from whoever was on their left hand side. I think it was Nasri.

kps88

Just don't go negative thinking a draw is good enough. We have a 15 point cushion, lets be positive and try to win the title in style.

Devil may care

As long as we don't lose that should be enough

De Gea

Valencia
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Jones
Cleverley

Young
RVP