Manchester United vs. Manchester City

Man-United

After hearing Fergie's interview after the game today, I think Valencia will definitly start this game.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Just don't go negative thinking a draw is good enough. We have a 15 point cushion, lets be positive and try to win the title in style.
Our current iteration of Fergie will simply not do this. Even though it bit him in the a$$ last season, in almost an identical situation.

We'll go negative and get done by a single goal.

pauldyson1uk

Play like we did today and expect another 6-1. Title so close and all but feck it! I want them sucking our collective dick by the end of it
OMG we was not that bad today, we lost the game by a stunning goal.
For all there pressure that did not do much else, not say we should of won but to say City would beat us 6-1 is just wrong.

togg

well, all this talk about the players being knackered...internationals etc, they all have a whole week to recover now, so I would hope we'll see the players re-engergised to finish city off next Monday.

We're not playing that great and City seem to have got into a rhythm recently, so goodness knows what will happen...

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
OMG we was not that bad today, we lost the game by a stunning goal.
For all there pressure that did not do much else, not say we should of won but to say City would beat us 6-1 is just wrong.
Sorry but were you watching the game today? BOTH teams were utterly shocking! Any in form team would have beat either team 3-0. I'm not just singling us out here, Chelsea were just as bad

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Sorry but were you watching the game today? BOTH teams were utterly shocking! Any in form team would have beat either team 3-0. I'm not just singling us out here, Chelsea were just as bad
We were OK defensively today, so I think you're being a bit harsh there.

Anduin

Just play our fecking game and don't be negative again. No fecking around with the likes of Valencia, Jones in midfield, Smalling at right-back etc., just play the best team and get the job against the cnuts done.

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Welbeck - Rooney - Kagawa
RVP​

I don't care how, but beat them, do the double over them, get 18 points clear and celebrate.

I fully expect us to be negative though, playing Smalling at RB, Valencia RW, Kagawa on the bench, maybe Young on the left. City will play their best team and have everyone available for selection, so this should be a cracker on paper.

pauldyson1uk

Did I say we was good, I said you was wrong in saying we would get beat 6-1 , because it is just not true.
Yes both teams were bad and we only lost because of that goal, a 0-0 and then pens would of been about right.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Our current iteration of Fergie will simply not do this. Even though it bit him in the a$$ last season, in almost an identical situation.

We'll go negative and get done by a single goal.
We rarely go negative at home.

We'll go for it and get a result.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Valencia in for Nani, swap Kagawa for Welbeck, and Welbeck for Rooney, and swap Welbeck for RVP - and I think that's the team we'll play.

Brightonian

Valencia in for Nani, swap Kagawa for Welbeck, and Welbeck for Rooney, and swap Welbeck for RVP - and I think that's the team we'll play.
Yep. And probably the right one too. Normally I always want to see Nani, especially alongside Rooney and Kagawa. But he was so abysmal against Chelsea that I'd prefer Valencia.

Minkaro

I hate to be the negative twat of the thread, but I have a feeling we'll lose this one. 1-3 is the score I have in my head, but it'll only end up being something they try to brag about when we win the title, much like the Liverpool 1-4 a few years ago.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Phelan as defensive midfielder, McClair up top.

Jones has definitely put himself in the frame to be a "someone".
Someone we really don't want to see starting in midfield? ;)

I really hope we don't see the diamond. This isn't the game for experimental formations and tactics.
We've used it before this season, our wingers however are an experiment worthy of a mad professor [hopefully Fergie's audition for Frankenstein ended at the weekend].

Bear Attack

We definitely need a good showing here.

De Gea

Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Welbeck
Carrick
Cleverley
Giggs

Rooney
van Persie

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Almost certain Jones will play in midfield for this.

-----------------De Gea----------------------

Rafael-----------Rio----Vidic----------Evra

---------Jones----Carrick---Cleverley---------

----Welbeck----------------------Rooney

--------------Van Persie--------------------

Swap Rafael for Smalling, fitness permitting and Welbeck for Valencia maybe, tough one to call that but I think Nani blew his chance the other day unfortunately

LR7

Almost certain Jones will play in midfield for this.

-----------------De Gea----------------------

Rafael-----------Rio----Vidic----------Evra

---------Jones----Carrick---Cleverley---------

----Welbeck----------------------Rooney

--------------Van Persie--------------------

Swap Rafael for Smalling, fitness permitting and Welbeck for Valencia maybe, tough one to call that but I think Nani blew his chance the other day unfortunately
I'm doubt SAF will go defensive for this one. Being positive at the Etihad is what got us the result in the reverse fixture, both in the starting line up and SAFs refusal to just try to 'protect the point' at the end - putting Welbeck on for Cleverley in the 88th minute was a positive approach which indirectly lead to Robin's goal. Plus we're at home.

Also the way SAF spoke about Valencia after the Chelsea game makes me think he will start this one - maybe at RB though if Rafa isn't fit.

There was a lot of criticism on here for Young on Saturday and whilst I admit he does frustrate at times, he created 8 chances for team mates in that game against Sunderland which was more than any other player in the PL last weekend - not saying he had a brilliant game by any means but credit where its due and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start too.

Rooney and Kagawa for me as the other two of the three behind Robin (in a 4-2-3-1). Hopefully Rooney will be fit.

I'm sure City will be up for this one. Mancini has been trying to convince anyone with ears since December that City deserved to win the game at the Etihad because apparently they played better - dismissing the fact that they should have been 3-0 down with the game practically out of sight. He doesn't seem to realise that having more possession doesn't necessarily equal playing better and deserving to win, and that for us playing on the counter was a deliberate tactic. Anyway I can see him hyping them up to prove to everyone that they're the 'better team' he keeps saying they are and I just hope SAF can fire our lads up for this one despite it being of little real significance in terms of the title race - we should still want to win. I feel the morale that seemed so high in the squad has dipped since Madrid, winning ths would be a boost to both the team and the fans.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I actually think both Valencia and Nani might start on the wings.

AttackingFlair

Maybe Fergie will go with the same line up as the reverse fixture except maybe Welbeck for Young

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Last 10 league matches against City: 6W, 1D, 3L.

09.12.2012 Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United
30.04.2012 Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United
23.10.2011 Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City

12.02.2011 Manchester United 2-1 Manchester City
10.11.2010 Manchester City 0-0 Manchester United
17.04.2010 Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United
20.09.2009 Manchester United 4-3 Manchester City
10.05.2009 Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City
30.11.2008 Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United

10.02.2008 Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City

Last 10 league matches @ City: 5W, 1D, 4L

09.12.2012 Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United
30.04.2012 Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United
10.11.2010 Manchester City 0-0 Manchester United
17.04.2010 Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United
30.11.2008 Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United

19.08.2007 Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United
05.05.2007 Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United
14.01.2006 Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United
13.02.2005 Manchester City 0-2 Manchester United
14.03.2004 Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Last game against City: City 2-3 United (9/12/12)

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Valencia Rooney Young
Persie​

2nd to last: City 1-0 United (30/4/12)

De Gea
Jones Ferdinand Smalling Evra
Carrick Scholes
Park Giggs Nani
Rooney​

Shark

@NotShark
Vidic will play, so I expect all to be well at the back anyway.

We'll win this I'd say, the lads will want to make a statement after that Chelsea showing.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Vidic will play, so I expect all to be well at the back anyway.

We'll win this I'd say, the lads will want to make a statement after that Chelsea showing.
The same lads that were going to make a statement after Madrid? Or after drawing at OT with Chelsea? ;)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Sir Alex sitting in his office deciding team selection:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
Should you start or should they go.
Give me Park, Fletcher and Ronaldo,
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Hopefully that produces Kagawa in the XI but after Chelsea...