Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney
van Persie

SUBS: Lindegaard, Jones, Anderson, Young, Giggs, Welbeck, Hernandez.

redevil2

Yep. Got a feeling City will win it. All irrelevant though.
It's their cup final, a game they will regard as defining their season, i.e. a win for them is similar to retaining the EPL trophy! We mustn't sit back and allow them have even a slim chance of getting that kind of pleasure. :)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Damn, a lil more emphasis on this match now that it looks like City will play at Tottenham without Lennon or Bale. Curses.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Bit of a dead-rubber this, but would still like the win.

DDG
Rafael-Vidic-Rio-Evra
Carrick-Cleverley
Welbeck-Rooney-Kagawa
RVP​
Thats the team I'd play

wr8_utd

:'(
We really should not lose this match. Spurs was the only difficult remaining fixture for City and with even that not much of an issue anymore, we could do with avoiding derby defeat.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
A win and we genuinely have no more interesting games left this season.

Lets fecking lose 4-0!

wr8_utd

I couldn't care less if we had no more exciting games left. Beat them and wrap this up. I wouldn't mind officially winning the title at The Emirates :drool:

wr8_utd

Okay the Arsenal game is far away so if we do beat City, we're quite likely to get the 4 points needed before the Arsenal game so I don't think we'll win it at the Emirates.

However if we do draw the derby, we could still win it at the Emirates.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Mancini is some spoofer, saying today the gap shouldn't be fifteen points. Well Roberto, if your team had showed an ounce of motivation and performed better it wouldn't be.

Shark

@NotShark
Mancini is some spoofer, saying today the gap shouldn't be fifteen points. Well Roberto, if your team had showed an ounce of motivation and performed better it wouldn't be.
Exactly.

Comments like that make no sense at all. If the gap shouldn't be 15 points, well then it wouldn't. City have been muck away from home to poor opposition pretty much all season and have also dropped a good few points at home, which they simply couldn't afford, given they're away form.

They basically won the title on their home from last season, similar to how we did in 2010/2011.

Bear Attack

Meh. It's like a kid shouting "It's not fair!" before you kick him in the bollocks and tell him that's life.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The Champions of Manchester will be crowned on Monday. Everything to play for.

Last season it was 1-6, okay. Well done, most will concede that it was a bend over session that day. However, whilst I really am not looking forward to this game given recent form and City's 'nothing to lose' situation...the noise coming from Mancini, Kolarov, Kompany and the rest of the goons in light blue is absolutely hilarious.

The gap is too big apparently. Injuries to Aguero and a decision to SELL Balotelli in a half season which he had banged in that one league goal as well as some injuries to captain Vince are the reason, as well as the fact that United are lucky.

Well all I can say is, we can lose this game and go on to pick up the league title and claim a points record. The table doesn't lie, the injuries and decisions haven't been against you (pretty sure we've had Carrick and Valencia in defence AGAIN whilst having to contend with lots of injuries to Rooney, Nani and Kagawa).

For the sake of sanity in football, just fecking score a hat-trick Robin and finish the job once and for all. Shut these mugs up and 4 more fingers go on the trophy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Champions of Manchester will be crowned on Monday. Everything to play for.

Last season it was 1-6, okay. Well done, most will concede that it was a bend over session that day. However, whilst I really am not looking forward to this game given recent form and City's 'nothing to lose' situation...the noise coming from Mancini, Kolarov, Kompany and the rest of the goons in light blue is absolutely hilarious.

The gap is too big apparently. Injuries to Aguero and a decision to SELL Balotelli in a half season which he had banged in that one league goal as well as some injuries to captain Vince are the reason, as well as the fact that United are lucky.

Well all I can say is, we can lose this game and go on to pick up the league title and claim a points record. The table doesn't lie, the injuries and decisions haven't been against you (pretty sure we've had Carrick and Valencia in defence AGAIN whilst having to contend with lots of injuries to Rooney, Nani and Kagawa).

For the sake of sanity in football, just fecking score a hat-trick Robin and finish the job once and for all. Shut these mugs up and 4 more fingers go on the trophy.
Barely having our best centre back available ourselves, and having our wingers all have their collective worst seasons!

City have finally reaped what they've sown, with the likes of Tevez, Balotelli, Nasri's characters coming to the fore.

Anduin

How many games left after that?? 7? Posssible 21 points to gain, with a little bit of luck we will be champions come next week. Having said that imo we will either lose or draw .
Beat City, then get four points vs. Stoke and West Ham and we are there. We could easily be Champions by April 17th.

solvista

Shawshank redemption
I haven't looked forward to a game quite as much as I am for this one in a long time. That said, it's not actually a vital match for either team. We can lose and still hold the title, they can win and still not hold it.

This is more a match of pride than anything. Sure, winning makes our title that much more secure, but statistically it wouldn't be the end of the world. The reason we want a win is purely to show city who the best team in Manchester, and indeed English football, is, and has been for many years. We want to win because we know city shouldn't be where they are. They shouldn't have won the title last year, and only did by the hairs on a gnat's pussy lip.

feck them, feck tevez, and feck all those members of my family who can't see that blue is not the colour.

Verminator

Was really looking forward to this after the United - Everton match, but the way we have performed since Madrid, has knocked some of my confidence.

Lets hope we follow the preparation that has seen us do so well in the big league games, so far.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Was really looking forward to this after the United - Everton match, but the way we have performed since Madrid, has knocked some of my confidence.

Lets hope we follow the preparation that has seen us do so well in the big league games, so far.
we seem to be just grinding out results.

but I think Fergie does want to achieve a record this season. So we will be cautious but get the result. I wont be surprised we win every one of the remaining games.

Verminator

we seem to be just grinding out results.

but I think Fergie does want to achieve a record this season. So we will be cautious but get the result. I wont be surprised we win every one of the remaining games.
I hope you are right RD.
We've been a bit flat recently. We'll need a strong midfield, unless Yaya sits back, now that his and his brother's futures are assured.

Jaap

I'd start Giggs on the left, with Kagawa on the right side, Carrick & Cleverley in the centre of the park, Rooney behind van Persie.

massey

Play a strong attacking team with wingers and not try to stifle city with jones in midfield all we basically need to do is not lose and and if we score first city will be deflated even more.

Skywarden

How can you not be the worried the slightest? I'm bricking it. Am I a weak soul?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
This is what we need. Need to see the players respond.

surf

City might be up for the game or they might not. They do have a semi final against the chavs 6 days later, which is more important to them.

Home advantage, a rocket up them from Fergie after the cup performance, a win seems likely.

Interval

Level
I think we're more than a match for City on paper. But I doubt the team will be bothered. I expect the team to put in those "I can't be arsed with this football malarkey" performance and lose 1-0

Varun

Staff
Dont get the couldnt care attitude. You bet SAF and the team do care and will be playing for a win. Its City ffs.