Wed, 6 January 2021 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
    Our players really shouldn’t have to go anywhere near these dirty covidiots.

ForeverRed1

Burnley is a league game.

I could see bringing Bruno off the bench after an hour against City. Play Pogba as a 10 ahead of Fred or VDB and McTominay and then the front 3 is 3 of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood/James/VDB.

Depends on a bunch of factors, but if it's gonna be a cagey affair for half an hour anyways (and I wouldn't necessarily bet on that considering Pep hasn't seen that go well and they look a bit stronger lately) and extra time being about a 20-25% chance looking at betting odds.
    that’s what I’m saying, save him for Burnley. Maybe bring him on against city later if we need him but I think him fresh for Burnley would be beneficial.
    We have enough in the squad to give him a break.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    If they’re going to try and cancel another game then give us a free pass into the final. They can’t control their players. That Mendy seems a right tool.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
    Supports
    Karlsruher SC
    If they’re going to try and cancel another game then give us a free pass into the final. They can’t control their players. That Mendy seems a right tool.
    Can you imagine the outcry if we got a free pass to our first final with Ole :lol: ?

Nikelesh Reddy

Massive massive game this.A trophy could certainly be a shot in the arm for us as we head towards April and may.I can’t wait for tonight’s game..

Coops73

They just played a near full strength team at Chelsea. Why are managers lying about this stuff
    Because between Pep and Klopp they make Freud look like a fecking amateur with their psychological mind games...keep up :rolleyes:

Zlatans Knee

How do we see this game? I would like to win it not just because it is City but also to get a chance for some revenge on the Spuds.
    It will not be the end of the World if we lose though. Bigger games to come.

Alemar

—————————Henderson————————
    Bissaka———-Bailly——Maguire——-Shaw
    ———————————-Fred—————————
    ———————McTominay—-Pogba————
    ——————————Bruno—————————-
    ——————-Rashford———Martial————

Matic, Greenwood, VDB and Telles off the bench, fifth substitute is a question mark

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    Please no handshakes, no hugs, nothing before, during, or after the game. I don't want our players catching Covid from these idiots.

Lets limit the risk of catching Covid to just on field contact during the game.

Dan_F

Already seen City fans playing this down, acting like their missing half their squad. They’re literally missing Ederson for their first 11 right? You could argue Torres, but he’s second fiddle to Sterling and Mahrez. We’re likely to play Henderson anyway, so makes their stance even more ridiculous.

Personally, I’d just make them forfeit the tie. Any team can get covid, but there’s clear breaking of guidelines in their case.

Red Royal

This match is one that really counts in terms of keeping the good run and confidence going.

Getting the Ole semi issues out of the way would be great at the same time stopping City from yet more silverware.

Hope we can do it without Bruno, at least for the 1st hour and stay injury free.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Decided to go with Henderson + same outfield 10 from the Villa game. 1-1 draw and penalty shootout, could go either way easily.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ole goes with de Gea though, as I'm sure he starts Dean against Watford (and maybe more in the FA Cup) and most likely plays our entire Europa League fixture list.

SirAnderson

My fellow South Africans,

Charge your phones, get your generators and inverters ready, your power banks full...our beloved country will have nation wide loadshedding exactly when our game kicks off. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A decent 2-0 no fuss scalp will suffice, thank you.

Deery

Dreary
    I think we’re going to lose tonight, just want a good game but feel we are due a loss and City are playing well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    My fellow South Africans,

Charge your phones, get your generators and inverters ready, your power banks full...our beloved country will have nation wide loadshedding exactly when our game kicks off. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A decent 2-0 no fuss scalp will suffice, thank you.
    I thought you guys didn't get League Cup games anyway? Or is this on now it's the semi final?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    I think we’re going to lose tonight, just want a good game but feel we are due a loss and City are playing well.
    Will be similar to the PSG game I think. Errors from us cost us despite a decent performance. We’ll miss some good chances but ultimately they will pass as they have the greater know-how. Hope I’m wrong though it’s been too long since we’ve been in a final even if it is the League Cup.

Deery

Dreary
    Will be similar to the PSG game I think. Errors from us cost us despite a decent performance. We’ll miss some good chances but ultimately they will pass as they have the greater know-how. Hope I’m wrong though it’s been too long since we’ve been in a final even if it is the League Cup.
    Kevin DeBruyne might be the deciding factor he seems to have found some form, also hearing 4 more City staff have tested positive for covid is there a chance this match will be cancelled?

tombombadil

With the amount of City players getting infected, I fear they might spread their virus over to us. Jesus, they better be practicing proper social distancing and masks later ... scary stuff .... please please don't spread it over ....

Bulldog United

I think the game will be called off unfortunately. The latest announcement of further positive tests in their camp is positioning the match to be postponed.

Riz

I think the game will be called off unfortunately. The latest announcement of further positive tests in their camp is positioning the match to be postponed.
    There’s currently no talk of that anywhere so I’d be surprised. Obviously things can change so quickly now but think we’d have heard murmurings by now.

Tibs

Expecting a stronger City team than Pep is suggesting - and expect 532 type thing from Ole 8 defensive players

Crustanoid

Hopefully they don’t keep us in the tunnel confines and stagger the trips to / from the pitch for each team / staff. This bunch of scummy infectious morons could derail our next few matches if they pass germs on

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Expecting a stronger City team than Pep is suggesting - and expect 532 type thing from Ole 8 defensive players
    What you think he’s trying to lure us into a false sense of security?

Who, Pep? A man of such integrity

Brightonian

I don't at all expect him to play 3/5 at the back, but his back four will be defensive - probably AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw - and he will also start both Fred and McTominay who, although box-to-box, will sit back in front of the back from when city have prolonged periods of possession. So it's a side that can transition, but can certainly put together a really serious low block when necessary.

SirAnderson

I thought you guys didn't get League Cup games anyway? Or is this on now it's the semi final?
    Manchester United is very well supported here, so most of their games are on DSTV/Supersport.

However, the quality is much better on streams, terribly so, so it has forced me to be a zealous reporter of streams, someone needs to root those quality streams out! :nono:

SirAnderson

I actually don't feel that nervous. I don't know if that bodes well or not though.
    Same here. I actually don't really care about the result so much for this one. My heart is set on the next 2 league fixtures. Of course I'd like us to win this one, because it will be great to get to the final and have an opportunity to get revenge against Spurs and Jose, but nothing better than lifting a trophy to boot!

passing-wind

How do we see this game? I would like to win it not just because it is City but also to get a chance for some revenge on the Spuds.
    It will not be the end of the World if we lose though. Bigger games to come.
    We are out of the UCL we are only campaigning for the Carabao and the league. This is a must win game.

GMoore23

We should have the disinfectant sponge pads like the ones used during foot and mouth laid out for the dirty feckers.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    I've gone for this tonight:

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
    McTominay Fred
    Fernandes Pogba
    Greenwood Rashford​

Pretty much full strength for this one, then rest a few against Watford.

Same shape as against Villa (the diamond/rectangle, whatever you want to call it)

Have Rashford and Greenwood pressing their centre backs, stopping them playing, then if they get through we can sit back and soak up the pressure. Fred obviously needs to be all over De Bruyne like a rash tonight.

I'm feeling confident about the game, thinking 2-0.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 241 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw