Kick-off
Sat, 6 November 2021 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GMoore23

The crazy thing about this game is that City have probably been the strongest looking team this season yet a win here and we go level with them.:houllier: :houllier:

KennyBurner

Martial would have been good for this fixture. His close control and calmness on the ball always creates time for others to get in position. How are we going to attack with no current player in the starting 11 capable of this?

minoo-utd

I hate going every game full of doubts as I can’t trust that we will play well and do what it takes to win, every game we always look like conceding goals and always subject to lose, I really wish that time to be over real soon because it brings too much stress.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Thought people were crazy to be building a first XI and styles of play around this pair up top. We really need them to alternate for each other and don’t have the centre forward depth for two striker systems. Maybe we get a 5-2-2-1 or 5-2-3 tomorrow?

It still amazes me that people were arguing that we didn’t need Ronaldo, even though we saw what impact Cavani made last year and we already know he can only play a limited amount.
    I think the Ronaldo deniers have mostly scuttled off now. 9 in 11 is a mad start with out lack of team cohesion.
    It's the managers job to maximise the system etc.
    Today I don't fear as much l as Liverpool as while City are arguably a better possession team they don't obliterate you with pace and power as much.

Redfrog

He's a like a lame duck president at this point. The only thing keeping him in the job is the fact there's no ready-made replacement who fits the mould of the current squad.

Zidane didn't want it and Conte would have needed a major rebuild. Everyone else is contracted.

If the next Klopp or Guardiola was available today, they'd already have been appointed. Ole is effectively a caretaker manager at this point.

I don't get the obsession from supposed United fans of kicking the club while it's down. Ole will be sacked as soon the right candidate can be found. Wishing defeat in a derby is a fecking horrific way of supporting the club.
    What makes you think the « right » appointment will be made by the board ?

They just want a yes man. Conte didn’t need a rebuild. Sure, he would have like to by some players like every managers. The only reason he is not at the club is that he is not a yes man.

The board and you seem happy to sacrifice a year while struggling for top 4 by keeping Ole as the performances are so ridiculously bad.

A competent club would do anything to improve results and performances right now instead to wait for a supposed right appointment, which can be made in the summer anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Gut feeling is this is going to be Ole's last match in charge. Although we have fallen off a cliff .it was much better ride than the dross times of LvG, Mourinho and Moyesey!

Going to be positive till KickOff. Than the usual.
    Unless we take a 3 goal battering I think he's again ridden the pressure out again.

If poor form and a 5-0 home defeat doesn't see him out then not much else will.

soapythecat

I honestly think we are going to win this quite comfortably. Pep will be all out for a win, they need it, and it will play into our hands. Bruno will be afforded the room to pull the strings and I can see Sancho coming in to work some magic.
    2-0 win today and some lovely football to boot.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Win-win situation today. We win and we’ve dampened City’s title hopes (plus it always feels great beating that mob).

We lose and we’re a step closer to binning Ole.
    Ole won’t be judged on games like Liverpool and City.
    When he’s finished with Spurs, there’s West Ham, Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester. You know. Brighton. Everton Because he is his own boss. Southampton.

Zen86

I think it’s going to be a forgettable derby. First and foremost we’ll want to avoid a pasting, and City are weary of us in that they haven’t had the best record against United recently. It will be both teams setting up not to lose, basically.

Barthez

I think we’ll easily win today and score at least 3

Highfather_24

A draw today would literally be the worst possible result. Not good enough to celebrate, and not bad enough to get Ole sacked.

Jaxa

I fear this place come 14:15 ,

No Varane, No Cavani, a captain who is severely out of form and is contributing to us shipping goals every single game, against a Pep side who is extremely well drilled

not a good mixture

MalaysianRed7

I doubt we’re gonna lose this game, and if we do, it won’t be by a 2 goal margin which might just sack him. The trend of the last 3 seasons points to a 1-1 draw or valiant 2-3 defeat where we show fight.

Unless we take a 3 goal battering I think he's again ridden the pressure out again.

If poor form and a 5-0 home defeat doesn't see him out then not much else will.
    Yep, agreed. Only another 4-0 or 5-0 home defeat today will see him sacked. Anything less and he’ll live on.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Supposedly Lindelof has been seen with the squad this morning.

10:48Richard Fay
    Victor Lindelof spotted with United squad
    He looked to be a doubt for the match today but Victor Lindelof has been spotted as part of the United squad leaving the team hotel this morning.
    That will serve as a huge boost for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ahead of kick-off given Raphael Varane's absence. Edinson Cavani and Marcus Rashford could both still miss the match though.

FootballHQ

Supports
    Aston Villa
    What's your likely back 4/5 with Varane and Lindelof out?

That's surely the key as Maguire is complete rubbish atm, Baiily is poor against any reasonably good striker and would that mean Shaw being third CB with Telles/Dalot on the left.

Can't see how City won't score 2/3 v that tbh.

Think this will be quite a highest scoring game, 2-4 Man. City.

FootballHQ

Supports
    Aston Villa
    Supposedly Lindelof has been seen with the squad this morning.

10:48Richard Fay
    Victor Lindelof spotted with United squad
    He looked to be a doubt for the match today but Victor Lindelof has been spotted as part of the United squad leaving the team hotel this morning.
    That will serve as a huge boost for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ahead of kick-off given Raphael Varane's absence. Edinson Cavani and Marcus Rashford could both still miss the match though.
    Well Varane and Maguire both been thrown back into team in recent weeks miles off being 100% fit so might aswell use that same tactic for third CB.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Whilst I've become numb to it now I really don't want to watch another defeat :(

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
    What's your likely back 4/5 with Varane and Lindelof out?

That's surely the key as Maguire is complete rubbish atm, Baiily is poor against any reasonably good striker and would that mean Shaw being third CB with Telles/Dalot on the left.

Can't see how City won't score 2/3 v that tbh.

Think this will be quite a highest scoring game, 2-4 Man. City.
    Ole is a lucky manager with 9 lives. I'll bet a tenner he win this one and survive the season. Limping of 4th

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Where is everyone getting it from that Cavani isn’t fit? Ffs that guy just can’t stay fit.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Yep, agreed. Only another 4-0 or 5-0 home defeat today will see him sacked. Anything less and he’ll live on.
    Think if we lose to spectacular goals or really well worked goals. It is if like recently goals have been conceded through sheer incompetence on our part there will be serious criticism from the fans.

Mike Smalling

Watch us get a draw here. Can’t really use it for anything in the table, but will not put additional pressure on Ole.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw