g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Manchester City

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 29 October 2023 @ 3:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
    I wonder if 2-0 was offered right now how many people would take it. Just hoping to avoid an embarrassment

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Because multiple teams this season have worked out that it is better not to press us, and in the process potentially create space for our forwards.Teams now just create a mid-block, let our centre backs have it and we struggle to play through the lines.

Even Arteta did it with Arsenal. They were happy to let us have the ball knowing we would concede possession with good regularity without having to take risks defensively. Palace did it. Burnley then did it. Brentford did it. Sheff Utd did it. Copenhagen did it tonight, and it worked well first half until our players were wiling to take risks and carry the ball to commit their defenders to help break the lines.

I don’t fear a hammering this weekend, but I fear City going a goal up and then just sitting back, allowing us the ball in our own half, but us being completely unable to lay a glove on them.

My takeaway from the last three matches has been what Eriksen has offered in possession. We will need that this weekend. McT getting starts because of goals, but Eriksen remaining on the bench for these bad first halves, feels like we are being overly reductive.

Dve

Press high, get people into the box and forget about playing out from the back.

.................... Onana

Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Reguilon

........ Casemiro - Amrabat

Fernandes..............McTominay

....... Højlund ........ Rashford

AndySmith1990

If we keep it to 4-0 or under we'll have done well.

If City score a couple early we're fecked. This sorry shower of a team will mentally collapse

daveskimufc

Please drop Antony.

Offers literally nothing. Use mount out there, I feel hojlund would at least get more service. Martial for rashford too. Rash can be a supersub and stretch their CBS for the final 20mins

daveskimufc

Press high, get people into the box and forget about playing out from the back.

.................... Onana

Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Reguilon

........ Casemiro - Amrabat

Fernandes..............McTominay

....... Højlund ........ Rashford
    Would honestly love to see this.

At least a change! Something different. Wings are struggling so play narrow.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    I don't see a motivated team right now, we just go through the motions in these games. City will undoubtedly be up for this too. Could be bad but let's see what happens.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
    Scout
    I wonder if 2-0 was offered right now how many people would take it. Just hoping to avoid an embarrassment
    Have you forgotten 2021? That is the worst humiliation I've seen from us in my entire time watching over decades. The Liverpool game(s) run it close, but that was an absolute decimation.

Superunknown

We'll keep it tight and cagey, I think. This is ironically one of those games where we would do well to play slow, boring football. No point making a spectacle of this. Let's just get through it as painlessly as possible.

I predict 0-0 or a very narrow 0-1 to them.

Dve

Possibly will try something like this though I'd rather see Mount instead of McTominay
    Based on performances, Eriksen probably deserves a start, but this will not be a game for him as I doubt we'll see much of the ball, and I think a Mount would be pretty invisible as well.. McTominay in the box at least gives a little hope we should steal a point somehow - and maybe even a lucky win. City are vulnerable at the back.

The_Midfielder

We'll keep it tight and cagey, I think. This is ironically one of those games where we would do well to play slow, boring football. No point making a spectacle of this. Let's just get through it as painlessly as possible.

I predict 0-0 or a very narrow 0-1 to them.
    Our problem is we make it slow.. create some chances .. miss..
    And somehow the other team scores and then it becomes a hammering

tomaldinho1

Please drop Antony.

Offers literally nothing. Use mount out there, I feel hojlund would at least get more service. Martial for rashford too. Rash can be a supersub and stretch their CBS for the final 20mins
    Probably the one game (and Pool) people should unanimously want him to start to be honest. This is about not getting massacred.

Irrational.

I predict a 1-0 victory similar to the time we beat an imperious Chelsea with a headed goal from Fletcher. Only this time it’ll be McSauce.

Without KdB they’re nothing special, and I expect an in-form Maguire to shackle Nordic Goal Yeti.

Predicted line-up:

Onana

Dalot Varane Maguire Lindelof

Casemiro Eriksen Bruno

Rashford Højlund Garnacho

Longlivekeano

————————onana——————

-Dalot—-varane—Lindelof-reguilon

———-Casemiro—-McTominay ———

———————-eriksen———————

—-Antony——rashford—-hojlund—

predictions: 2-2

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    Nightmare of that Munich 50th anniversary game still haunting me. I hope our players will play with significantly more aggression this time. Celebrate/dedicate/whatever before and after the game.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Time for ETH to show this apparent genius and find a way to make a game out of this. Worse teams have given them a game this season. They've not been amazing so far. They should still beat us easily but you never know.

Based on current form though I wouldn't fancy playing Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Villa, Spurs or Brighton. Let alone City.

Okey

This is gonna be a bloodbath isn't it? Forfeiture would be 0-3. I'd happily take that option. We look so poor at the moment it's hard to see how we escape without an embarrassment.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
    We have no mental fortitude whatsoever, big defeats in the past will be fresh in their minds, feels like groundhog day to be honest. City haven't been great so no doubt Pep will get them fired up for this one. 5-1 City. Grealish 2 goals, Haaland hat-trick, with Rashford banging in a 35 yard consolation in his only contribution to the game.

Toshey

Supports
    Levski Sofia
    This thread is am embarrassment.
    "Supporters" trembling and bowing to the mighty City.
    Too many football spectators (I'm not saying fans, because nothing suggests you are fans) became know-it-alls.

It's football. Anything can change with a kick of the ball. Nothing is granted, nothing is certain.
    Support your team and hope for the best.

Don't be such a pathetic "oh no they'll smash us" crowd.

We are the fecking Manchester United for fecks sake!

Let's go and get a great result :devil:

cyberman

2-1 United win and then our pants shitting fanbase can then go on to be scared by Fulham away

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Andre Onana image Andre Onana 87% of 248 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 255 ratings.

Score Predictions