Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    De Gea
    Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
    McTominay
    Bruno Pogba
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
    Picks itself I guess. Here comes attempt #50 on trying to make Bruno and Pogba work in a midfield 3 together. Only this time, with an actual decent coach for once? Last chance I guess.

talking robot

De Gea
    McTominay
    Bruno Pogba
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
    Picks itself I guess. Here comes attempt #50 on trying to make Bruno and Pogba work in a midfield 3 together. Only this time, with an actual decent coach for once? Last chance I guess.
    I don't mind the idea of trying Pogba and Bruno (again) in the middle. As you suggest maybe better coaching can see it succeed. But since we lose defensive solidity with Pogba in there, I think for it to work Elanga has to play instead of Rashford. That gives us Sancho on the right and Elanga on the left, both with high defensive work rates. That can offset somewhat what we will lose in solidity through Pogba. Rashford should come off the bench to change the game in that system imo as opposed to start.

OmarUnited4ever

De Gea
    McTominay
    Bruno Pogba
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
    I think Elanga on form goes ahead of Sancho, otherwise the squad picks itself based on the information we have so far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    I think Elanga on form goes ahead of Sancho, otherwise the squad picks itself based on the information we have so far.
    I mean Elanga has done an ok job but like.... Sancho if it clicks for him can be our best player pretty much. Based on the ability he has and ability he has shown previously. Not some unknown potential. It's worth persisting with your best players.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
    Feels like a lifetime ago we last played. A lot has happened.

I hope that through events that have occurred perhaps a cloud has been lifted, and maybe the lads will play in a way that reflects that.

We'll see.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    Big win. I feel Ralf is starting to cut away the shit. No place for lads with bad attitudes anymore. Shape up or feck off.

Chairman Steve

Googled Boro manager, saw Chris Wilder and went oh for fecks sake.

Won't be an easy game. They'll be up for it.
    They’re actively chasing promotion and sit on the fringes of the play-offs. They have a critical game against 4th place QPR on Wednesday. I wouldn’t be surprised if they put out some of the fringe players or not go at it 100%. I feel like this game in their eyes is a hindrance to them.

suheilsworld

Wilder has been upping his players to not treat this as a jersey exchange match and consider this as a template to measure themselves if they aspire to play in the epl. Im sure his players will make the most of this game, esp in the first 15-20 mins. Would love it if we could, for a change, come out during and get few early goals to kill the game off

Banat

Pogba and Bruno in midfield 3 will obviously work against Middlesbrough at home.
    I'm calling it now, Pogba will be motm if he starts tonight.
    But for Pogba and Bruno to work against better teams, you need someone like Kante to sit behind them, not Scott McTominay.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Will Henderson play tonight? De Gea has obviously been in good form but if Dean doesn’t play then I really don’t see what the point of keeping him was.

Alemar

I really don’t see what the point of keeping him was.
    And what is the point of keeping Mata? Jones? There is no point, we are long known to keep average players just in case. Sadly

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    And what is the point of keeping Mata? Jones? There is no point, we are long known to keep average players just in case. Sadly
    I think Mata and Jones are a bit different though, Jones actually had an offer which he turned down, and Mata isn’t as valuable a player as Henderson. Realistically if we weren’t going to play Henderson this season we could have easily loaned him out, even in January.

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo has won everything in football and is 37 years of age tomorrow is his birthday yet is still hungry and wants to play against Championship side Middlesborough in the FA Cup on a wet, cold and windy Friday night in Manchester.. Such a wonderful humble attitude for the young players that this game isn't beneath him, something even the likes of experienced players such as Lingard and Cavani could learn from.

a bit of birthday SSSIIUUU would be nice!

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
    Supports
    Ajax & United
    De Gea
    McTominay
    Bruno Pogba
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford
    Worked fine during the restart in 19/20.

Chairman Steve

Ronaldo and Boro has a whiff of nostalgia to it. Wonder if he remembers that time he got blatantly taken out by James Morrison :lol: He’s probably dealt with a ton of players that enforced shithousery on him though at this point

Ananke

Ronaldo and Boro has a whiff of nostalgia to it. Wonder if he remembers that time he got blatantly taken out by James Morrison :lol: He’s probably dealt with a ton of players that enforced shithousery on him though at this point
    I always remember this game with the diving signs :lol: Then he went and put one past them within 10 minutes :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
    My first time at OT was against this lot.

11th February 2004. They beat us 2-3 the bastards.

Let's get our revenge, although I'm not sure Juninho will be too fussed at this point either way.

Kaos

My first time at OT was against this lot.

11th February 2004. They beat us 2-3 the bastards.

Let's get our revenge, although I'm not sure Juninho will be too fussed at this point either way.
    Same! But mine was in 2008 where we smashed them 4-1 and Nani scored that screamer. :D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    The good ol'days

I fecking love Nani
    If he was in our side now he'd be known as a world star IMO. Just a shame he landed at the time he did, always in Ronaldo's shadow.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    I don't mind the idea of trying Pogba and Bruno (again) in the middle. As you suggest maybe better coaching can see it succeed. But since we lose defensive solidity with Pogba in there, I think for it to work Elanga has to play instead of Rashford. That gives us Sancho on the right and Elanga on the left, both with high defensive work rates. That can offset somewhat what we will lose in solidity through Pogba. Rashford should come off the bench to change the game in that system imo as opposed to start.
    Something like that. Or Dalot/AWB tuck in to the middle/stay back when Pogba and Shaw go and vice versa on the other side when Bruno and Dalot go. It’s workable if you have some kind of actual coherent plan to work as a team off the ball. The only problem is they still lose too much physical battles/second ball/slow recovery etc. there are pros and cons. Dalot seems to be coming central to help the buildup a lot more than AWB anyway.

Teja

Why's everyone going for basically a full strength line up? I think there will be reasonable rotation in the attacking spots.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why's everyone going for basically a full strength line up? I think there will be reasonable rotation in the attacking spots.
    Assuming you are talking about the three attacking spots, there's not much room for rotation as we only have, Sancho, Ronaldo, Rashford and Elanga in the squad that can occupy those positions.

Dazzmondo

Hopefully a good performance and a good win today. Think team is pretty straight forward with David not pictured:

Henderson
    Bruno McTominay Pogba
    Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

Bench: Heaton, AWB, Jones, Matic, Hannibal, Mata, Elanga

Gandalf

Wonder if Ralf returns to 4222 with the lack of attacking options. Probably suicidal against a back 3 though.
    I would not expect it. The clear implication in the last couple of games was that they had tried a couple of things and 4-3-3 was the way forward from that point, the fact that they were also good performances for the most part should just underline that.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
    I would not expect it. The clear implication in the last couple of games was that they had tried a couple of things and 4-3-3 was the way forward from that point, the fact that they were also good performances for the most part should just underline that.
    Yeah I actually agree, just considering the lack of depth up top. If we start with...

Rashford Ronaldo Sancho

It only leaves Elanga as a true option to come on, unless you want to include Mata.

Also not sure about him picking

Pogba Bruno
    McT

Think Matic would bring a balance, but with Matics legs shot would probably need to be Bruno that gets dropped to add McT energy, since Pogba has basically been confirmed to start

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Middlesbrough win
  • Draw