Kick-off
Thu, 26 December 2019 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OohAahMartial

Notice that fans unable to complain about the result have taken to randomly abusing our players instead. Some people are just unable to enjoy anything.

RedIan

NOT loving us attacking their parked bus for the last 20 minutes and being unable to break it down. Granted, Martial and Rashford are off, but still.

Also - Pogba had a better time against Watford than what he's shown us today, despite getting more minutes today. That is worrisome. Love seeing him in the squad, but he needs to step up. He's far from our best player today.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    Only one side out there in the second half. Newcastle didn't bother coming back out. Nice to see us comfortably close out a game, and keep the pressure up.

mav_9me

NOT loving us attacking their parked bus for the last 20 minutes and being unable to break it down. Granted, Martial and Rashford are off, but still.

Also - Pogba had a better time against Watford than what he's shown us today, despite getting more minutes today. That is worrisome. Love seeing him in the squad, but he needs to step up. He's far from our best player today.
    Na. That was just a dead game. We didn't really try hard. Understandably.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Even LVG would've been bored by that last 20 minutes. :D

Great win. Now,lets build on it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Wow for all the talk about promoting youth that bench is really something.
    Yeah. Seems like Ole was self-conscious going into this game and fearing it would be another struggle :D

Hester_manc

I can see people in here criticizing Mata and Lingard. I think they both did good today. Especially Mata - he is actually involved in several good attacks and is close to an assist to Pogba. Obviously, the pace goes out of the team as we lead 4-1 and replace Martial and Rashford.

NewGlory

I can see people in here criticizing Mata and Lingard. I think they both did good today. Especially Mata - he is actually involved in several good attacks and is close to an assist to Pogba. Obviously, the pace goes out of the team as we lead 4-1 and replace Martial and Rashford.
    Mata did what was expected from him - calm down the game and see it through. Really don't think JLingz did anything positive, however. Anybody in his place would have done better. Would have much rather seen Garner in his place, if Garner was on the bench today, but he wasn't.

NewGlory

And shefield, and whu, and Liverpool, and...
    If we had won all the games we could have, against weaker teams, we'd now be in contention for the title, because we won all of our big games and drew with Liverpool. But that is not how football works, we are in the middle of the rebuild, with a very thin squad, missing quality for some key positions. Need to be realistic.

Red00012

Can’t get over how useless Mata is these days as well. He can’t pass now either. If he can’t pass what exactly does he contribute? No wonder we have struggled with our current midfield.
    He could have had 2 assists , the Greenwood chance where he was caught in 2 minds and Pogba should have swung his left leg inside of his right . Give it a rest

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Maguire and Shaw so poor for the Newcastle goal but still getting 6s and 7s from the Redcafe muppets because they looked good going forward against a team that downed tools at half time.

Martial was at his best tonight and great to see him work hard and win turnovers. Why can’t he work hard every week? What a player he could be. Fred was also very good, except for the final ball every fecking time....

AWB looks like he picked up an injury, don’t expect to see him at Burnley.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
    You feel for this guy? Check his thread where there's a tweet in which he claims he is back to form and worked really hard to get it
    I know mate, I know.....I’ve battered Lingard a fair bit, I just couldn’t help but laugh

Strelok

We really need to buy in Jan.

After Martial and Rashford came off our attacking was toothless and clueless, even after Newcastle had gave up.

I really hope we can get Haaland and a decent mid in Jan. Our bench is too rubbish it's so worrying if one of the XI get injured again.

KekiZeki

This wasn't your usual game though. Newcastle made it easy for us by gifting two goals. Then it was cruising from there. Wont happen every week. Ole will get til the end of the season anyway, then we can see how much we will improve
    Every single defeat of the season can be explained away the same way you explained away our victory. Someone got lucky, someone gifted something etc. but if we lost then it would be because of poor tactics, bad picks of players and all sorts of things to blame the manager and some of it owners as well.

Point is we're winning, we're improving, we have an emerging new generation and a manager who will raise stars instead of using the cash to try and buy it all the time, it's a positive thing, sorry if it's not happening yesterday for you, but the club has been dragging back a lot before putting Ole in charge.

KekiZeki

I must say I was unconvinced about Mason Greenwood, I didn't really think he's it, seemed like another one we'll end up offloading to a mid-table team but I am happy to be proven wrong.
    I, however, never said anything bad about him before my doubts are confirmed or proven wrong. There are so many people dismissing players and a manager without giving it a proper go. Let's stand by our own first!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
    I must say I was unconvinced about Mason Greenwood, I didn't really think he's it, seemed like another one we'll end up offloading to a mid-table team but I am happy to be proven wrong.
    I, however, never said anything bad about him before my doubts are confirmed or proven wrong. There are so many people dismissing players and a manager without giving it a proper go. Let's stand by our own first!
    I'm sorry but I have to question your judgement regardless of whether or not I agree with your sentiment. Greenwood is and always has been a cut above mid table in terms of his ability. Whether he'll be a title challenging striker is up to him but anyone who scores goals off both feet and has balance as good as he does is clearly a top talent.

Amerifan

Shocking game after it went 4-1. 30 mins of sideways rubbish and Lingard.
    Shocking would be giving up four goals. Or three. They didn’t concede another one. What would you have them do? Waste energy they’ll need in a couple days just to run up the scoreboard. Try again.

rampo

Gayle chance

0-1
    Longstaff
    Giving away that goal is criminal. In my opinion Maguire did very well to not let the striker take a shot, especially given he was isolated in a 2 vs 1 scenario.
    But what exactly were Lindelof and Shaw doing? Lindelof was probably ensuring the striker doesn't turn and volley into far post. Wtf was Shaw doing there? Lazily stretching a leg. How the hell did our defence let Longstaff stay free without any marking in the D

KekiZeki

I'm sorry but I have to question your judgement regardless of whether or not I agree with your sentiment. Greenwood is and always has been a cut above mid table in terms of his ability. Whether he'll be a title challenging striker is up to him but anyone who scores goals off both feet and has balance as good as he does is clearly a top talent.
    It's one thing being a bit better at a young age, it's another thing to show it at high level and keep it up. I've had my fair share of Januzajs to be vary of the hype. He, however, seems to be made of a tougher material than most.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    It'll be a stretch to find a worst post in your 20,000
    The sentiment of my post is correct.

Ole has lifted the pressure with a pretty good 30 minute spell against a Newcastle side that arrived to try and nick a point.

We will likely lose one of the next two against Burnley and Arsenal though.

After a year in charge, we are woefully inconsistent and have a manager who is not consistently getting enough from an expensively assembled cast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw