Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 11 January 2020 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    You just jinxed us. Whenever a game like this comes when an opposition has not scored or not won for certain games, we end up giving them the goals and points.

This does seem to be the case.
    I remember when we played Watford. They hadn't won a game at home this season. We then turned up and fixed that.
    And Troy Deeney hadn't scored for 9 months. We turned up and fixed that.
    Arsenal apparently had their worst run of results for 50 years or something crazy like that. We turned up and they beat us.
    We must not assume anything, when it comes to our team, who are very inconsistent and struggle to turn up for some games.

This does seem to be the case.
    I remember when we played Watford. They hadn't won a game at home this season. We then turned up and fixed that.
    And Troy Deeney hadn't scored for 9 months. We turned up and fixed that.
    Arsenal apparently had their worst run of results for 50 years or something crazy like that. We turned up and they beat us.
    We must not assume anything, when it comes to our team, who are very inconsistent and struggle to turn up for some games.

So true. Crystal Palace had not scored in their first two EPL games and then they came to OT, scored and won the game.

Are Norwich in terrible form?

They are bottom of the league and have won only one game since the early City win so hard to say they got good form. Although they got draws against Spurs and Leicester recently.

Thus they have been better in hard games than the easy ones so far. With that said it should be very easy for us since we are not a hard game ;).

They are bottom of the league and have won only one game since the early City win so hard to say they got good form. Although they got draws against Spurs and Leicester recently.

Thus they have been better in hard games than the easy ones so far. With that said it should be very easy for us since we are not a hard game ;).
    Cheers. Probably because of those results and I haven't looked at the table in a while. I think we will win this one though.

They'll create chances. They create chances against everyone. They also concede chances against everyone. Although Idah netted three in the cup he really isn't a replacement for Pukki. So if the latter is out it should be a (relatively) comfy win.

They deserved at least a couple of wins in recent weeks to be fair. They dominated Villa but somehow lost, Spurs got fortunate with Pukki's goal ruled out by VAR and Palace got a late equaliser. Saying that there's no excuse for us to not beat them comfortably at home when they're missing their best player.

I wouldn’t wish for that under Ole, I wouldn’t want him sacked like a dog and embarrassed in such a way, not least with it being his dream job at the club he worships.

I am the type that usually puts sentiment to one side in business but this is sport, memories, loyalty.

Ole is one of us. I wouldn’t throw him to the dogs nor do I think it’s time to do so.

You think Poch would have gotten top four with this squad and injuries? Not a chance. It’s still a possibility for Ole.

Bemusing. You'd rather take the side of a manager who has almost written the entire season off than take one loss to get him out.

No excuses not to get three points.
    Predict a comfortable 2-0 win

Be interesting to see how Cantwell plays today. Looks a good prospect, plenty of energy, decent ball skills, good temperament, pops a few goals in and creates some. Norwich look a good footballing side, and if they do go down, I wouldn't be surprised to see them bounce straight back, provided they can keep almost all their players.

This should be a relatively comfortable win for us by at least a couple goals. I'm sure Norwich can cause us a few problems at the back, but defensively they are a joke. Nothing less than three points will do today against one half of the Old Farm.

If we cannot stuff Norwich at OT then there is no point in any of them including the players and managers being there.

We had a short hiatus before Xmas but the wheels have all but fallen off since. A win today will only delay the inevitable.

13:36Samuel Luckhurst
    No Romero
    Sergio Romero wasn’t with the United squad last night and there has been no sign of him this morning, either. It’s a relatively minor squad tidbit - unless David de Gea needs to come off and the 36-year-old Lee Grant goes on.
    The week promised so much for Romero, who was unlucky not to start against City and, had he started, could have exerted pressure on De Gea ahead of today’s game. This feels like a week that confirms once and for all that Romero will never oust De Gea.

If we cannot stuff Norwich at OT then there is no point in any of them including the players and managers being there.

That's exactly what many said about Watford, who were bottom of the league when we played them.
    Then we played them and they beat us.

I made the mistake against Arsenal of being very confident and bullish. I was shutting down the naysayers who said that we would lose.
    Then I got my arse handed to me when we lost. Never again will I make that mistake, with this team of players and manager.

That's exactly what many said about Watford, who were bottom of the league when we played them.
    Then we played them and they beat us.

I made the mistake against Arsenal of being very confident and bullish. I was shutting down the naysayers who said that we would lose.
    Then I got my arse handed to me when we lost. Never again will I make that mistake, with this team of players and manager.
    Problem is we are way too inconsistent, never know how we are going to play until the game is on.

People should be happy - surely this should be the end of Shaw and Lingard

Nice to see Williams playing over Shaw. Fed up of the lazy bastard.

And Lingard not even on the subs bench, great.

I have this nasty feeling we'll underestimate Norwich and feck it up, then blame fatigue or something like that.

Getting this out in writing so I can jinx it and we do the opposite.

Strange line up but happy not to see Lingard there. I still think we'll struggle to create and score goals though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 51% of 309 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 296 ratings.

Score Predictions