Sat, 26 August 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
    Why are people surprised by Dalot at LB? One of his performances I read about when we signed him was him playing at LB for Porto against Liverpool in the Champions League at Anfield.

He has always been an option for LB..
    Not surprised, annoyed.

If you have 2 senior players whose primary position is your one and you are a youngster, you should feel like you have a chance to step in.

If.EtH had no intention of playing him then let him go with the U-21's who played today or the club should stop dithering and get him out on loan/sold.

Its not a good advertisement for other young players we may pursue in terms of pathways to the first team.

witchtrials

Solid lineup. Hopefully Martial can help stitch things together in the final 3rd and Rashford can look like a footballer again on the left
    Pretty much my thoughts. Not exactly an exciting transformation from last season but got a bit more confidence in this line-up.

Oranges038

I think Antony will come good, but to be honest I just think he'll end to be like most of the utd players, inconsistent. Watch Antony score a goal today and play decent, then poor against Arsenal and then decent three games after and so on. Bringing in Sancho or Pellestri won't change anything consistently I feel, but I do like to see Pellestri get more game time.

It's been like that for Rashford, Martial etc for years. Only hope is Rashford breaks that mould and gives us a 2nd consistent good season (which I've not seen yet so far)

Patches fc
    Personally I think Antony needs to play with a right back that goes outside and supports the attack more that way. Like he had at Ajax. He essentially gets isolated on the wing with very little support, so his only option is to come inside to the congested space.

lex talionis

Rashford is better than Garnacho and Antony is better than Pellestri. It’s the right line-up for me.
    That Antony is better than Pellistri is debatable. Nothing we’ve seen so far this season supports that thesis. That Antony was better than Pellistri two seasons ago is not debatable, but Antony’s regression since he joined United is remarkable, if not astonishing.

DavelinaJolie

I won't get my hopes up for Martial because

a. he's coming back from injury so I expect him to be rusty/sluggish
    b. it's Martial

Rashford on the left is good though.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    I think Antony will come good, but to be honest I just think he'll end to be like most of the utd players, inconsistent. Watch Antony score a goal today and play decent, then poor against Arsenal and then decent three games after and so on. Bringing in Sancho or Pellestri won't change anything consistently I feel, but I do like to see Pellestri get more game time.

It's been like that for Rashford, Martial etc for years. Only hope is Rashford breaks that mould and gives us a 2nd consistent good season (which I've not seen yet so far)

Patches fc
    Antony is one of the most consistent players in out squad. He delivers the same performances week in week out.

lex talionis

On paper, this should be three points in the bag. But when we can start trusting our players to play like a team consistently and not just 11 players who have a good 15 minute spell once or twice a match?

prateik

Not surprised, annoyed.

If you have 2 senior players whose primary position is your one and you are a youngster, you should feel like you have a chance to step in.

If.EtH had no intention of playing him then let him go with the U-21's who played today or the club should stop dithering and get him out on loan/sold.

Its not a good advertisement for other young players we may pursue in terms of pathways to the first team.
    Yeah. I get that.. but I didnt expect him to be thrown in like this.. he is far more likely to get minutes (if any) as a sub or in cup games...

Fooza

Antony is one of the most consistent players in out squad. He delivers the same performances week in week out.
    In terms of what thought, good or bad? Not sure what you implying in that. Because last year he'd go missing in games but then pop up with goals every now an again. That's what I meant with inconsistency

jasT1981

Prediction - Forest playing like Barcelona and us shell shocked, with us sneaking a 1-0 win from a goal mouth scramble and one of our only shots on target.

El Jefe

Hopefully we're up and playing well by half time or this thread will be on fire. Antony especially better play well as the no.1 scapegoat Mount is unavailable.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    In terms of what thought, good or bad? Not sure what you implying in that. Because last year he'd go missing in games but then pop up with goals every now an again. That's what I meant with inconsistency
    In terms he's doing the same things over and over again. It happened that he scored 3 goals in first 3 games, this is an anomaly, not being inconsistent.

He tracks back.
    He progresses the ball.
    He cuts inside to take a shot from low quality scoring position.
    Does he go missing really? I am not sure. He seems quite involved every game to me. He doesn't shy away from the ball, he just doesn't do anything with it. Consistently.

This is all he does week in week out.

Edit: my point is Antony isn't playing worse now than he did last season. It's just fans patience is thin because we're shit. Last season fans were willing to forgive him a lot more.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Sigh first Supersport Albania match of the season. You don't appreciate Gary Neville till he's not there.

RedIan

Good team on paper. Sancho and or Garnacho to come on if Martial isnt at it.
    should be a win If we turn up.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Only good thing about martial is it means rashford can play his proper position so no excuses from him today, he better perform.

Fooza

In terms he's doing the same things over and over again. It happened that he scored 3 goals in first 3 games, this is an anomaly, not being inconsistent.

He tracks back.
    He progresses the ball.
    He cuts inside to take a shot from low quality scoring position.
    Does he go missing really? I am not sure. He seems quite involved every game to me. He doesn't shy away from the ball, he just doesn't do anything with it. Consistently.

This is all he does week in week out.
    His hard work is consistent.
    His affect on games is inconsistent over a period of a league season
    And yes he goes missing in games because defenders have worked out that he has one leg and that he always like to score a goal by cutting in. It's pretty easy to defend if defenders know a player is limited unfortunately

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    His hard work is consistent.
    His affect on games is inconsistent over a period of a league season
    And yes he goes missing in games because defenders have worked out that he has one leg and that he always like to score a goal by cutting in. It's pretty easy to defend if defenders know a player is limited unfortunately
    Well exactly. But this isn't something new. He's been doing that since day one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 70% of 264 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 257 ratings.

Score Predictions