Manchester United vs Olympique Lyonnais (Wed 19th July, 14:00 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland
Kick off time: 14:00 local, 14:00 UK
Channel: MUTV

Mickson

It will be the same squad as against Leeds, except maybe for Fred, Donny, and Henderson who will come in after injuries.

pacifictheme

How has Henderson not been sold yet. I thought him to forest was all but done.

Reiver

This will be my first attendance at a United match since before Covid. Just a pre-season friendly but looking forward to it. It will also be the first United match I take my son to.

Its all gone Shane Long

None of the players that returned yesterday will feature, just another opportunity for the kids to impress and get a seat on the plane to the states

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Experienced defender Jonny Evans has signed a short-term deal to enable him to take part in Manchester United’s upcoming pre-season games in Edinburgh and San Diego.

The Academy graduate had been training with the Under-21s whilst considering his options, following his departure from Leicester City at the end of last season.

As part of the Academy training programme, he has also taken part in a number of first-team sessions and impressed Erik ten Hag and the coaching staff.

Evans, who has been capped 102 times by Northern Ireland, will travel to Edinburgh as part of the group to face Lyon on Wednesday. Tickets remain available for the 14:00 BST kick-off at BT Murrayfield, which is also live on MUTV.

Jonny will then join up with the Academy group that will travel to San Diego, while the first-team squad are in New York.

The centre-back played 198 games for the first team before departing the club in 2015, having won the Champions League, the Club World Cup, three Premier League titles and two League Cups.

Fellow defenders Tyrell Malacia and Rhys Bennett have picked up injuries that will unfortunately rule them out of the game against Lyon and the Tour 2023 in the United States.

The remaining players will train at Carrington on Wednesday before travelling to New York.

A full Tour 2023 party group will then be announced first on our official club channels.

TRAVELLING SQUAD FOR EDINBURGH

Goalkeepers:
Nathan Bishop, Elyh Harrison, Matej Kovar.

Defenders: Jonny Evans, Alvaro Fernandez, Will Fish, Marc Jurado, Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Brandon Williams.

Midfielders: Fred, Dan Gore, Hannibal, Isak Hansen-Aaroen, Kobbie Mainoo, Mason Mount, Donny van de Beek.

Forwards: Amad, Antony, Noam Emeran, Omari Forson, Joe Hugill, Jadon Sancho.

Beckham77

I'm actually raging at that squad announcement. They were charging £50 for tickets to this and there's so many big names missing. I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless, but it's very annoying my boy won't get a chance to see his two favourites (Rashford & Bruno). Casemiro & Shaw also being out is annoying.

Post season internationals need to take a running jump.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Decent team, I will be there. Somewhat shady how they advertised the game using Bruno and Rashy though. Grounds for false advertising claim?

RuudTom83

I believe he is still out with his old injury. Might be wrong though. In any case, he isn't available.
Correct, Martial and Antony are still recovering from the injuries they picked up at the end of last season.

*Not that is really matters as 30 minutes after Martial returns he will have a new injury

RedDevilRoshi

Going to the game tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully the youngsters get some more playing time again, especially against a good opponent.

BootsyCollins

I believe he is still out with his old injury. Might be wrong though. In any case, he isn't available.
Yes thats correct. Should have written ”still” instead of ”again”. Its insane how much he is injuried. If i was away sick from work i would have been fired ages ago. I still had hope for him last season, but now i think i have given up.
Love him as player when he is fit, so its a bloody shame.

Gandalf

Free agent and training with us. Be nice if we sign him permanently as cover
Good player on his day but would be woefully exposed in the system we are meant to be implementing. I think this is more about him not being eligible to play in these games without some sort of contract in place and we are helping to put him in the shop window to find a new club.

Laurencio

Good player on his day but would be woefully exposed in the system we are meant to be implementing. I think this is more about him not being eligible to play in these games without some sort of contract in place and we are helping to put him in the shop window to find a new club.
By taking him as backup to one game and then shipping him off to play with the kids? I'm not against it or anything, I like Evans, I just don't understand why.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So none of the players advertised on the poster are in the squad?