Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

dutchred

Yep I was only partly joking but getting him match fit is hardly the worst thing in the universe. Think I'd rely on a match fit VdB more than a match fit Iqbal.
sorry to disagree, but if Sancho is unavailable I'd rather play Bruno on the right and Iqbal in midfield

Dante

Average bang
Heaton
Laird --- Varane -- Martinez -- Telles
Donny --- Garner
Chong --- Eriksen --- Garnacho
Ronaldo
Chong getting selected is the only one that bothers me a bit. He seems completely ineffective, so why not Amad?

Yeah I'm surprised as well. He didn't play yesterday at all.
Chong is Dutch.

Adamsk7

Completely missed the part where Falcao joined Rayo! Welcome back! What a striker he was in his day and then for that one season randomly well after he left Utd

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Completely missed the part where Falcao joined Rayo! Welcome back! What a striker he was in his day and then for that one season randomly we’ll after he left Utd
Not only this, but they recently signed Diego Costa too :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Amad can't even get on the bench yesterday and doesn't even get a start over Chong today. His chances of being a squad player this season are slim by the looks of things.

Edit: maybe he's the player the press were alluding to that was due to play more in pre season but was dropped due to time keeping issues.
Or maybe he's overhyped and must show the manager he's deserving to wear the shirt.

He's still young. Time is on his side

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looking forward to seeing Garner. He was very unfortunate in getting injured the whole tour. If Frenkie falls through he will definitely get his chance this season

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Amad can't even get on the bench yesterday and doesn't even get a start over Chong today. His chances of being a squad player this season are slim by the looks of things.

Edit: maybe he's the player the press were alluding to that was due to play more in pre season but was dropped due to time keeping issues.
Probably just clear to Ten Hag that he needs a loan and doesn't need to see more from him

bringbackbebe

Donny over Iqbal/Savage is more baffling than Chong's selection. What's ETH seeing that we aren't? (a lot more obviously)

Dazzmondo

Really strong lineup. Looking forward to seeing Martinez, Eriksen, Garner and Garnacho especially. Very telling that Laird starts ahead of AWB. Assuming we're not sending Laird on loan then and keeping him as backup to Dalot.

Ekeke

To be fair Chong had a very good spell playing at Birmingham and seems to have something about him! At his age though he really does need to have a stormer today!
Yeah obviously not being good enough for United doesnt mean he wouldnt be a good player for a different premier league team, if not immediately then sometime in the future

For example our old reserves CM partnership of Pearson and Rothwell will both be in the premier league this season with Bournemouth, although Pearson hasnt done that well for them so far in previous seasons. They finally made it back to the premier league

OmarUnited4ever

good to see Martinez and Eriksen start.

also happy to see Garner start today.

Garnacho's first involvement in pre-season, let's see what he can do.