Kick-off
Sat, 12 February 2022 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    VS.....................

Date: Saturday, February 12 2022
    Kickoff Time: 1230 Hrs GMT
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

League standings and form guide

5. Manchester United: LDWWD
    10. Southampton: DWLDW

Previous League Meetings

Southampton 1—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 9—0 Southampton

Southampton 2—3 Manchester United

Southampton 1—1 Manchester United

Manchester United 3—2 Southampton

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 55
    Southampton wins: 25
    Draws: 29

Pre-Match Pressers

Ralf Rangnick

Ralph Hasenhüttl

Team News

Manchester United

Alex Telles, Fred and Eric Bailly doubtful.

Southampton

Lyanco, Alex McCarthy and Nathan Tella ruled out.

Know the opposition

Southampton Football Club (nicknamed The Saints) are a professional football club based in Southampton, Hampshire. Southampton were founded in 1885 by members of St Mary's Church of England Young Men's Association. St. Mary's Y.M.A., as they were usually referred to in the local press, played most of their early games on The Common where games were frequently interrupted by pedestrians insistent on exercising their right to roam. More important matches, such as cup games, were played either at the County Cricket Ground in Northlands Road or the Antelope Cricket Ground in St Mary's Road. The club was originally known as St. Mary's Young Men's Association F.C. (usually abbreviated to "St. Mary's Y.M.A.") and then became simply St. Mary's F.C. in 1887-88, before adopting the name Southampton St. Mary's when the club joined the Southern League in 1894.

Southampton play their home games at St. Mary's Stadium, and were one of the founding members of the Premier League in 1992. The club has a long-standing sporting rivalry with Portsmouth in a match termed the South Coast Derby or the Hampshire Derby. Southampton has received praise for employing an intense brand of football under Mauricio Pochettino, and having one of the best youth systems on English soil — which has churned out the likes of Alan Shearer, Gareth Bale, Matth Le Tissier, Theo Walcott, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain, James Ward-Prowse, Calum Chambers, Adam Lallana over the years — as well as current Manchester United leftback, Luke Shaw.

Referee

Stuart Attwell.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

BorisManUtd

Southampton are a tricky team and will surely want revenge for that 9-0 loss from last February. Let's just get 3 points.

always_hoping

Will be a poor Southampton side not to at least draw this game against such a flaky group of United players managed by a fellow I'm sure wished he never said yes to Woodward.

Chairman Steve

Law of averages says we should win by like 6 goals.

Just keep up what we’ve been doing and we’re not going too far wrong. Cavani, Ronaldo, Rashford and Bruno aren’t going to miss forever and blatantly shit officiating won’t happen every game.

SonyaCross493

I think it could all click here

the finishing is the last part to click. Once that clicks a team will be on the end of a proper good hiding. Southampton could be that team.

we are playing well and creating chances, I'd be more worried if we wasn't creating chances.

SonyaCross493

Lindelof for Maguire

Matic for Rashford

Pogba off the left

Ronaldo for Cavani

let's win. And win well. Send a statement.

SER19

We're going to hammer somebody soon. Results and this season is just very depressing but we're clearly getting better and controlling games more. We don't look vulnerable to every attack. There'll be a game soon where the near misses go in

Anyway i find it hard to care its been a rotten season. CL is only thing keeping me going, we've nice games before atletico and will hopefully have some confidence by then

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    It's funny because for years we've been shit on by all the data analysts on twitter... And this is the first time where I'm seeing them say "trust the process" more than anything. For good reason of course, and it likely won't be enough to get top 4 by the end of the season, but there are plenty of signs to be encouraged. Keep that first half from yesterday going here and just don't panic if we concede.

PoTMS

Most predictable 0-1 in months. Only more predictable if Jay Rodriguez still played for them.

Anustart89

It's funny because for years we've been shit on by all the data analysts on twitter... And this is the first time where I'm seeing them say "trust the process" more than anything. For good reason of course, and it likely won't be enough to get top 4 by the end of the season, but there are plenty of signs to be encouraged. Keep that first half from yesterday going here and just don't panic if we concede.
    Seems a lot of people are too stupid to notice this though. “Top 4 good, no top 4 bad” seems to be the gist of some people’s analysis.

Unfortunately for us, a lot of those people seem to be calling the shots at Manchester United “football club”, so we’ll probably tear it all up come summer, pay Rangnick off for the two year consultancy, send him on his way and appoint Sam Allardyce or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Seems a lot of people are too stupid to notice this though. “Top 4 good, no top 4 bad” seems to be the gist of some people’s analysis.

Unfortunately for us, a lot of those people seem to be calling the shots at Manchester United “football club”, so we’ll probably tear it all up come summer, pay Rangnick off for the two year consultancy, send him on his way and appoint Sam Allardyce or something.
    Yeah. This for me seems very much like people have just run out of patience and can't sit through another rebuild/process, and just want it now when there's no way to get it now. It does also make it tricky when you consider a new manager coming in the summer, so people understandably start wondering what's the point.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    Could be anything. Let's hope Utd's vast array of attacking talent can actually put the ball in the net.

Kaos

Same team but please please please drop Maguire for Lindelof, and perhaps have Elanga start in place of Rashford. I'd probably put Ronaldo back in ahead of Cavani too who has been largely useless lately.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Should win easily but anyone with any sense would put money on 1-1...

Lemon Moon

I'll watch it, but through my feckin fingers again. As the points slip through our fingers .... again!

Ole out! Oh... wait.... doh!

Nickelodeon

Our performances have really improved since December. Last two performances, despite the results, should give some confidence to the team. This is the game where I predict that the tide will turn.

2-2

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    Just a reminder that Mates Individual Brilliance FC beat this team by 9 goals to nil. I am expecting dropped points. Prove me wrong, United, if you dare.

Hughie77

It's on early so I be watching, at least I can have all day to get over another major cockup in defence, and as long as Atwell is not on VAR duty again we may just may score legitimate goals. Play well for 70 mins then fold like a cheap suit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 69% of 204 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions