Kick-off
Sat, 31 March 2018 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Really enjoyable stuff so far. We look very much at ease and dangerous. It's helped that Swansea has offered absolutely nothing so far. Lukaku great so far, and great to see Sanchez score finally. Very nice goal too.

Minimalist

Pretty simple stuff so far. Swansea are awful and United have their best players on to do the damage.

Score some more goals in the second half to finish it all off.

Sandyman

We are only playing like this because the players just returned from international duty. Wait till Mou gets hold of this lot!
    whitetext

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Pogba doing the simple things well today. Should just concentrate on that and then the spectacular stuff can come afterwards.

marlowe78

Good half. Sanchez's best since coming to us. Lukaku scoring again, Lingard with an assist and great movement, even though his shooting has been woeful.

We should really tonk this team, they really do look hopeless. I think if they can score at all, it would be on the side with Young. Young has been okay going forward but just poor with his markings, it looks like he doesn't know who to take on half the time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    Swansea have been a disgrace. Have they not watched us this year?
    You press Man Utd.

Dyslexic Untied

Great first half. Great pick of Mata, Sanchez and Lingard to pick the lock. Sanchez has been fantastic - stopped a few of their attacks as well.

The Mad Manc

Every time Lindelof moves up the pitch with the ball, Pogba and/or Matic meets him and more or less demands the ball. Pogba even blocked his path. Why? Is it forbbidden in the gameplan to build attacks from the back?
    feckin' A

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Lukaku is a fecking beast. My POTY without a doubt.

Jazz

Good half. Sanchez's best since coming to us. Lukaku scoring again, Lingard with an assist and great movement, even though his shooting has been woeful.

We should really tonk this team, they really do look hopeless. I think if they can score at all, it would be on the side with Young. Young has been okay going forward but just poor with his markings, it looks like he doesn't know who to take on half the time.
    Thought Swansea would come out and have a go at us considering their precarious position in the table. They look like they don't have a clue what to do.

breakout67

Supports
    Man City
    Yeah they HAVE been, sorry I should of said, they’re playing today like a League 2 side.
    Yes they have been poor but we have made them look poor because our good attacking play.

Liverpool struggle with parked buses, and Arsenal are just poor in general. We are 2nd for a reason :)

Sandyman

Shout out to Lindelof too. Even though hasn't had much to do defending wise, he has done well moving the ball to midfield.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Pogba doing the simple things well today. Should just concentrate on that and then the spectacular stuff can come afterwards.
    He's done really well in the first half. We've bossed possession though, it's when he needs to track back with intensity and make sure we keep our shape that's he's gone missing. Hopefully he'll come through this game with no complaints.

ice-bionic red

Some intensity and urgency finally! That’s all us fans ask for. The goals will come if we put effort in

marlowe78

Thought Swansea would come out and have a go at us considering their precarious position in the table. They look like they don't have a clue what to do.
    I expected that as well. I thought we would struggle at least in the first 20-25 minutes after coming back from the international break but we looked sharp in our own right.

Canagel

We only attack on the left and that's a bit of a concern. Everyone drifts to that side. Mata, Sanchez, Pogba, Lingard. The link up play between the front three has been very good. Lindelof moving into the midfield is very important when we need to break teams down.

Jazz

He's done really well in the first half. We've bossed possession though, it's when he needs to track back with intensity and make sure we keep our shape that's he's gone missing. Hopefully he'll come through this game with no complaints.
    Seen him track back already with some intensity. Hopefully he keeps it up.
    He'll be fine. Just needs some direction and confidence.

Sandyman

Edit; got me with the whitetext :nervous:
    :D Sadly wouldn't surprise me if a few thought something similar though.
    Doesn't help that playing this well will always lead to questions about why the feck can't we produce this consistently.

LeftyBlaster

We only attack on the left and that's a bit of a concern. Everyone drifts to that side. Mata, Sanchez, Pogba, Lingard. The link up play between the front three has been very good. Lindelof moving into the midfield is very important when we need to break teams down.
    Doesn't help that Valencia is incapable of attacking.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Hands down Lukaku proves he's by far our best attacker consistently wise, even if his talent isn't on the same level as Martial or Sanchez, he has enough more tools to compensate for that.

My most favorite player.
    He’s great, really settled now. It’s why Mata works so well on that side, because Lukaku does a lot of work in that area, he just hustles so well.

Second-half kick-off

Oldyella

Kind of makes sense to be fair, you don't want to be punished because your player is down but you don't want the opposition getting advantage either.
    Oh agreed. And all teams do it, just annoys me when we stop when they were happy to keep attacking a man down.

Swift Football

Jose said after the Brighton match that we had been working on faster build up and hopefully that half is a sign that we've continued that work and we're seeing the players start to produce it out on the pitch. I'd love to think that Sevilla match was a turning point for how we approach games because at least then something postive would have come from it.
    I don't think anything has changed. Don't want to be negative on the day when we looked brilliant but when teams like Sevilla come to OT , our players will be competing who will shit harder including our manager.

Sanche7

Lingard reminds me so much of Griezmann, his work rate and movement off the ball are really good.
    But of course Griezmann is a better finisher and if Lingard could improve his finishing, he could become a top player

cyberman

I just got an alert to submit my line up predictions, its a bit iffy if I submit it now

deafepl

It is fecking depressing to see West Ham scored 3 goals and we only scored 2 goals given our performance against Swansea. Too much positive on this thread, I just want some negatively :lol::lol:

Redlyn

I am completely broken. Can’t think about anything other than why didn’t we try to do this against Sevilla? The season feels completely dead to me at this point.

Wondering if I should just cancel my subscription for the last month, and save myself some money. Come back next season, and hopefully my spirits will be rejuvenated.
    Swansea have just not turned up. What makes anyone think we would still look like this (comfortably strolling around in second gear) against a team actually pressing us? True we have to play well ourselves but its like everyone has just ignored the opposition factor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Alexis Sanchez image Alexis Sanchez 33% of 563 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions