Kick-off
Sat, 28 October 2017 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Smores

If we win the moaners will just say its because Kane wasn't involved.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
    Not a single rumored lineup is surprising. Normally by this time, there are quite a few.

prtk0811

I know City will drop points.

We will too.

Spurs win and I reckon they would be the main contenders to City. I'm not saying we will lose, necessarily.
    We have already dropped points its time to gain points now with injured players comming back soon. Should not be worried about defensive effciency one bit apart from individual mistakes we rarely conceed chances against us.

By new year i expect us to be joint top only goal difference or a point or two seprating the sides.

Walters_19_MuFc

Jose has clearly said that 3 at the back is a defensive line-up. Unless he's setting up defensively, there should be no need to go with three at the back, especially given that we're at home and they're without Kane.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    Didn't city overcome an 8 point gap at March/April to pip us in 2012. Not saying we will win the title but far too early to make those statements.
    That was one of the biggest chokes in premier league history though.

But that's not my point. Spurs are another team to worry about and just City.

I really don't think our team is a title winning one. Not a popular opinion, but Jose needs more work on it and thus more time.

SirMattBugsby

Jose has clearly said that 3 at the back is a defensive line-up. Unless he's setting up defensively, there should be no need to go with three at the back, especially given that we're at home and they're without Kane.
    Depends. Back three usually turns into a back five, while Mourinho's back four usually turns into a back six. So back three might actually be more attacking for us..

Since are we taking José comments seriously? Better to see his actions imo.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
    We have already dropped points its time to gain points now with injured players comming back soon. Should not be worried about defensive effciency one bit apart from individual mistakes we rarely conceed chances against us.

By new year i expect us to be joint top only goal difference or a point or two seprating the sides
    Based on what?

prtk0811

Its not a Defensive line up. It depends on the balance of your team. Wingbacks are also used to attack and provide width in posession.

Jose has also gone on to mention that the best way to set up against a back 3 is a back 3 , and tottenham will play a back 3 . So a back 3 completely makes sense and is not defensive one bit.

4231 is actually unbalanced when wingers lack the ability to attack and defend at the same time.

While tottenham are not a total footballing side who control so much of the ball. Their game depends on movements linkups and counter attacking fast overloads. So we dont need to defend with wingers today and let our attacker defensive duties and leave it for winbacks for balance since we are only with a mid 2

ijc

Imagine if Lindelof is mentioned in the starting 11. The Caf will go on a meltdown :lol:

PepsiCola

By new year i expect us to be joint top only goal difference or a point or two seprating the sides.
    That's not really joint top.

Also I can only see the current gap widening over the next two weeks.

GM K

big positive with kane out. However my larger worry (in regards to the last two PL games) is the MUFC midfield being really below par atm. I'm hoping the hudderfield mistakes and the midweek win boost confidence enough to try and dictate the game early but it's all about ball retention.

People want to continually talk about "parking the bus". I'd advise them to rewatch the liverpool and huddersfield games, our turnover and passing decision making was horrific.

Teams are isolating lukaku and the midfield turns the ball over way too much. That also makes lukaku fall deep, giving the opposition more time in our half and making lukaku have to create attacks from about half way, instead of finishing them. After liverpool and huddersfield the midfield has got to put on a better showing. Retain possession, get the wingers up and get lukaku involved around the box.

At our best, we should be dominating Spurs without Kane. However it's up to the midfield to make this happen.
    One of the best posts in terms of understanding what our key problem has been. We have been playing with an extremely weak midfield. Pogba, Fellaini and Carrick out while Miki, Mata, Herrera and even Matic to a lesser extent, have been out of form.

With the state of our midfield, it is so easy to understand why we have been having poor results and playing ugly football.

prtk0811

That's not really joint top.

Also I can only see the current gap widening over the next two weeks.
    I think Pogba or fellani could be back before next weekend. Chelsea game will be huge A win and we are back in buisness.

But i really expect city to drop points till year end, atleast 5 of them. We have to cover ground by then.

Kapardin

3-4-3 with Mkhi on the RW or 3-4-1-2 with 2 strikers?

We shouldn't let a goal in with those 3 CBs though. Solid back 3.

settembrini

I hope that is Rashford and Lukaku upfront together with Mkhitaryan behind like Lingard against Swansea. We need 3-5-2, not 3-4-3.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
    I think that was the 11 I predicted before Jose's interview. I decided to take Bailly out after his comments :(

prtk0811

Expected tuanzebe on the bench tonight . Jose really trusts mctominay.

OohAahMartial

3-4-3 with Mkhi on the RW or 3-4-1-2 with 2 strikers?

We shouldn't let a goal in with those 3 CBs though. Solid back 3.
    3-4-1-2 I think.

So good to see Bailly and Jones back. Can't see them getting a goal, but their midfield might nullify ours for a boring 0-0.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    Crikey that’s a great team. Put Pogba in for Herrera and that’s our best side. Rashford/Martial too close to call for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 624 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw