Mon, 27 August 2018 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 67 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought Pogba played ok.

He just had a few terrible moments. The free kick where he blasts it backwards right to the feet of Lucas setting up a counter attack was ridiculously careless.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
    One thing I never quite understood is saying we re playing good or great, and then singling out certain players as if they've done absolutely nothing right. You can't play well and have 4 or 5 players be as dog shit as some claim. When has it ever happened every single player has an excellent game?

Ranchero

Well today he looks off the pace thats for sure. And has slowed our attacks down when we've been playing at a good pace around him.

I wouldnt say he's invisible most of the time. He's usually very active. But today he hasnt been good.
    He epitomises everything I dislike about this United. Too slow and gives us nothing offensively. Look at his running stats. Gash.

Trizy

Alexis instead of lingard would be nice. Not because lingard was bad but this is formation ideal for alexis. And he loves to score againstvspurs
    I was actually thinking the exact same thing. That system suits him to the ground.

Might have lost the ball loads but Lingard did that too.

Renegade

No mention of Smallings incredible block/tackle. If that was Virgil or Maguire we wouldn’t hear the end of it. People need to start putting some respect on his name. Quality defending. Jones is a accident waiting to happen. Wish we stuck with Smalling Blind combo from
    15/16.

JG3001

We still struggle for ideas in the final third, but it shouldn't really be surprising considering the lack of attacking intent we normally display. Feels a lot better seeing us actually attempt to dictate the tempo for the full half, rather than just the first 15 minutes.

Game also highlights the well documented dodgy defence, which was made to look better last season playing a back 6 and De Gea (I think most fans knew the real reason goals against looked good anyway).

Saying that i'd rather watch this with dodgy moments at the back, than 75 mins of bus parking, still with dodgy moments at the back...

Irrational.

Pogba has been awful. Strutting around like an asshole and just putting his foot on the ball - Not even pushing on for the counter when he's had the chance, missed an easy chance to lay Lingard in.

Him and Lukaku have killed us. We'd be cruising this shit if they were at it. Alexis would have suited this game as the striker. I'd happily see both them taken off. Fred, Lingard and Shaw have caused them no end of problems but these feckers have let them down. We've actually played pretty well - Pressing high and attacking with pace. Both sides have forced errors.

Some big mistakes at the back - Any long pass has caused problems. No one can deal with Lucas' pace and there's been some poor errors from Jones, Matic and Pogba which should have been punished. Great recovery tackles from Herrera and Smalling and the ref not giving the pen have bailed us out.

De Gea's distribution is one of the biggest problems in the team. Every week it's just getting worse.
    Could not have put it better myself. Spot on.

The trouble is when Pogba's subbed off he acts like he's been wronged in the most horrendous way. We've been incredibly patient with him and its about time he starts producing and playing like it matters, or fecks off.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    I thought Pogba played ok.

He just had a few terrible moments. The free kick where he blasts it backwards right to the feet of Lucas setting up a counter attack was ridiculously careless.
    Rust is okay, but many of his bad moments are pure indulgence as opposed to lacking sharpness. Honestly can’t stand the guy anymore. All bluster and no end product.

Rednotdead

I bet if this was the French national team he'd be running his heart out. He is nowhere near, not even 10% the player he is for them as he is for us. You surely have to question his commitment for the club. He's mentally not here.
    Rooney hit the nail on the head when he said Pogba himself is responsible for his performances, no one else. Blaming Mourinho or anyone else just won't wash.

Mr PG

The one thing I really appreciate about Pogba is... after years of our fans moaning about negativity.... he always .. always looks to pass forward

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
    Pogba just passing the ball then standing still. Why's he not passing then making an effort to get forward for the return pass? Don't think he's ever broken into a jog all game.
    He hasn't broken into a sprint in about 9 months. Just lazily hops about. He's at least showed a little more intensity today than usual.

redom

That's spot on. Especially the bit about Dave that many ignore.
    We split our 3 centre backs on numerous occasions that half and he hardly ever used them, instead going long and because we haven't held it up very well it's meant Spurs have won it back with us already pretty deep from trying to offer an option to De Gea, we've got to sort that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
    Supports
    MK Dons
    So did Jose use Bailly and Lindelof in first two games just to remind people how good Smalling is?

Patrick08

Smalling has his flaws, but this is now the 5th(?) time he's completely handled Kane with ease at OT(for now obviously).

Easily our best defender.
    People need to stop saying that. Smalling has his bad moments too from time to time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    His job is first and foremost to score goals. Hold up play is irrelevant if you're not good at finishing.
    He's the fifth youngest player to get to 100 goals. Scores just under 1 goal every two games. Yes he misses chances, but even better strikers than he have missed far easier chances. Stop with the ridiculous hyperbole.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    Full backs are good tonight.

This should be Jones’ last game for us, too slow, no positional sense, rash, lacking in confidence.

Fred also excellent.

DDG’s distribution is dreadful.

Much better display all round.

Johan07

Just to confirm that Ander is playing RCB. I thought that was the case during the match as Matic seemed to be in CM and away from the defense. But checking the heat maps I can see he's been much closer to Smalling and Jones.
    He isnt though. We are playing 4-2-2-2 with Matic and Herrera as DMs. Herrera has been tasked to defend the space between Smalling and Valencia a lot though, because Valencia seems to have decided to play like it was 1999.... or something.

Its fun to watch though. I didnt think I would say that of a game this year. Lets win this now!

Ranchero

Can't believe there are people giving out in this thread!

This is what I want to be watching from a United side. Yes we've been a bit wasteful with a few players (Lukaku, Matic and Pogba) looking like they're still shaking off a bit of post world cup rust. But we're creating chance after chance against the best defence in the league.

The speed of our play has been great at times and Shaw has looked like a £100m new signing. Fred and Lingard have been superb and aside from the clumsy penalty call, we've been lightyears ahead of last week at the back.

Best I've felt at halftime of a United game in a long, long while.
    Ten attempts two on target.

Second-half kick-off

Renegade

Yeah lets blame Jose. They both need to take responsibility for their performamces so far. Tired of blaming everything on the manager.
    His the one complaining about the money his been given.

The players need to take responsibility absolutely. Works both ways I believe.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

Gary Neville said during half-time on Sky Sports that it's the fastest he's seen United play in 6 years. Hard to disagree with him. Let's hope they keep it up this half.

Janson

This was before the game. Twitter was full of incredibly knee-jerk reactions like this. Guess most of them are red-faced now. I accept Jose has faults, but give him a chance ffs.
    They are probably devastated right now that they weren't right, and that we should be winning. There's plenty of them around here.

46 min

Luke Shaw has been playing really well today and he charges down the left and cuts the ball back to Pogba who sends his long range shot wide of the post.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 514 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw