Kick-off
Sun, 4 February 2024 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Others have made the point but I’ll make it again now. We need to start stringing together PL wins. We’re virtually but not mathematically out of the top four running but if we can climb up the table and land even in fifth place, that sets up us for a nice return to competitiveness next season. But if stay mired in ninth or tenth our winter will be dark, cold and long.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Others have made the point but I’ll make it again now. We need to start stringing together PL wins. We’re virtually but not mathematically out of the top four running but if we can climb up the table and land even in fifth place, that sets up us for a nice return to competitiveness next season. But if stay mired in ninth or tenth our winter will be dark, cold and long.
    We'll probably finish in 6th place or thereabouts.
    ETH will almost certainly leave in the Summer. He has proved beyond doubt that he isn't good enough., especially after spending £0.4Bn in 2 seasons.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Does anyone else here hate West Ham? I hate them. It's a hate that is hard to explain too as they aren't really rivals of ours.Its not just down to our results against them in 92 & 95 calamitous and all as they were. I think it's more to do with the sheer racial hatred they showed Paul Ince when he returned to play for us there .There's a two all draw in particular I have in mind. Horrible Atmos it was. I was in their end so I heard it first hand while biting my lip. Some had bananas th throw at him. A pox on them I say.
    Hope we hammer them.

massey

Does anyone else here hate West Ham? I hate them. It's a hate that is hard to explain too as they aren't really rivals of ours.Its not just down to our results against them in 92 & 95 calamitous and all as they were. I think it's more to do with the sheer racial hatred they showed Paul Ince when he returned to play for us there .There's a two all draw in particular I have in mind. Horrible Atmos it was. I was in their end so I heard it first hand while biting my lip. Some had bananas th throw at him. A pox on them I say.
    Hope we hammer them.
    I was at that game aswell 94 wasn't it 2-2 he equalised if I remember last minute but as you say the atmosphere was horrendous and in the days of sky no idea how they got away with it the bananas etc disgusting stuff and club.

Chumpsbechumps

Hope we hammer them.
    Oh yes.

I remember that goal in 1992, them and Liverpool with their Ian “Ron Burgundy tash” Rush win putting any hopes of a title to the sword. Celebrating like they’d won the league themselves.

1995 was probably worse to be fair. Think we had 200 shots on goal and Cole missed a few. Ironic that on this occasion Liverpool did us a favour against Blackburn.

But yes, I have a bad spot for West Ham so hope we finally take our chances and unleash a thumping. I feel there’s a 5-0 plus win in this first team.

Lentwood

All I want to see is tactical progression.

First half vs Wolves, excellent.

2nd half, scrappy, pinball football again (although there were some good things).

Can we sustain our pressing shape for 90-minutes? Can we keep possession under pressure? Can we create chances? Can we prevent dangerous turnovers and counter attacks?

Forget the score, if EtH is going to win a majority of us back, we need to see progress.

sixdwarf

Can we start a campaign for 'No Onana'. He is plainly rubbish.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    I was at that game aswell 94 wasn't it 2-2 he equalised if I remember last minute but as you say the atmosphere was horrendous and in the days of sky no idea how they got away with it the bananas etc disgusting stuff and club.
    Yep, think it was 94. Lee Chapman was playing for them.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
    Any Oslo reds here? Looking for a good United pub to watch the game tomorrow.

Bobski

You would think it would need to be the same starting 11 again, see if that first half against Wolves can be replicated.

My desire for the game is for Casemiro to go 15 mins without sliding in like an idiot, for all the pithy "Cas would have got a red for that" comments he doesn't half bring it on himself with those reckless moments.

JustinC00

If Antony comes off the bench over Amad just confirms for me ETH is a nepotism manager. ETH may want you to forget but I don't Amad coming on for Antony against Forest and looking so much better than Antony

BestRed

Been a rough season no doubt so far, especially after last year's progress. But no reason we shouldn't be able start kick on now for the rest of the season. Important players coming back getting a proper run, others finally picking up some form & win tomorrow's and we're only 6 points of the top 4 with 15 games to go. Of course could be all gone to shit again by 4pm tomorrow, but feck let's be positive while we can.

Dannn411

Ideal situation: Same team that started Wolves, Amad first guy off the bench. Antony far away from Old Trafford.

Reality: Same team vs Wolves, Mctominay and Antony first off the bench with minimum 25 minutes each.

Fitchett

Hope we hammer them.
    Plus the hatred they showed David Beckham after England's World Cup defeat against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup. He was made the scapegoat after his harsh sending off. Any blame for England's exit should have been aimed at Alan Shearer, as it was his foul challenge which resulted in Sol Campbell's winner being disallowed.

And the way those cnuts attacked our coach before the last game at Upton Park, when LVG was our manager. The result that night cost us a Champions League place.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    All I want to see is tactical progression.

First half vs Wolves, excellent.

2nd half, scrappy, pinball football again (although there were some good things).

Can we sustain our pressing shape for 90-minutes? Can we keep possession under pressure? Can we create chances? Can we prevent dangerous turnovers and counter attacks?

Forget the score, if EtH is going to win a majority of us back, we need to see progress.
    Really?

Irwin99

Win this and we're still in with an outside chance of being in the race for top 4. Villa are a really good side but you wonder if they can last the whole season and Spurs are still Spurs.

Mike Smalling

I'm actually kind of excited about this - that's never a good sign. But if we do end up getting a win, we move to 6th and can maybe put a run together considering we only have the Premier League and FA Cup to worry about.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
    West Ham United
    We'll welcome back Aguerd (Afcon) and Coufal (suspension) for this one.

Only absentees will be Antonio and Paqueta, though the club are being a bit mysterious about Paqueta's fitness. Kalvin Phillips arrival makes it harder to predict the team.

We rarely lose by many - Fulham thumped us when covid was going through the team a couple of days after we'd gone to Spurs and won - but tend to struggle most against physically robust and energetic teams ( Palace, Brentford etc).

Those who indulge in excessive, but not penetrative, passing tend to get picked off by the counter attack.

George The Best

I think Maguire may start. Not sure in place of whom. If Martinez is fit then in for Varane, or for Martinez if not fit.

Telsim

They humbled us earlier in the season. We are at home now, so maybe it will be better, but I can't see us winning this. A draw is most likely, I think.

I know it won't happen, but I really wouldn't start Onana. Antony as well.

always_hoping

A straight forward Man United win with a clean sheet probably too much to ask. Expected chaos but hopefully like Thursday night Man United pick up the 3 points on offer after it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 249 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw