Sat, 1 February 2020 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    It's hilarious how in every match thread there are people (who have been following football for years) that are clueless on basic football and general knowledge. In this thread:
    • People are surprised that a bloke who was sent off in the previous domestic game is somehow suspended in this game.
    • People are expecting a guy who was in China last evening to feature in a game in England in a few hours' time. Not only that but also being oblivious to the situation in China right now, as if he would be cleared to play even if he felt he was ready. On top of that being unaware that you have to register new players by 12pm deadline on Friday if you want them to feature that weekend.
    Well said. And if someone points this out to the person in question, that their query is extremely basic, they'll act offended. I mean why even follow a game if you can't understand these basics.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
    Colorado Rapids
    This is like a shit version of the movie Groundhog Day where Bill Murray is replaced by Ole and Andie McDowell is replaced by Adama Traoré.

SirAF

Ageist
    It's hilarious how in every match thread there are people (who have been following football for years) that are clueless on basic football and general knowledge. In this thread:
    • People are surprised that a bloke who was sent off in the previous domestic game is somehow suspended in this game.
    • People are expecting a guy who was in China last evening to feature in a game in England in a few hours' time. Not only that but also being oblivious to the situation in China right now, as if he would be cleared to play even if he felt he was ready. On top of that being unaware that you have to register new players by 12pm deadline on Friday if you want them to feature that weekend.
    This.

You're right, I apologize.

The point still stands for Lingard, though, who has no goals or assists in 19 league games this season. Not a single one.
    No need to apologise, i agree they haven't done enough. But i feel Pereira is a good squad option, we need to get rid of Lingard he earns too much money and has very little output.

tidraKS

You're right, I apologize.

The point still stands for Lingard, though, who has no goals or assists in 19 league games this season. Not a single one.
    The point stands as does your negativity too.

SCJY

Glad to see Lingard is on the teamsheet. The boots are going to be extra shiny today.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    I just read this article by the BBC, about Bruno.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51285178

Needless to say, I am very excited to see this guy play tonight.
    He sounds like he has the right mentality. He has a big ego (good thing) and is not afraid to step up to the plate.
    When Pogba and McT return. With Bruno, these 3 should be pretty impressive.
    We really do need Rashford back, though, as he is the only striker we have, who I trust to be able to score goals. I don't really feel that Martial has the mentality to be able to carry a team's goal scoring responsibility on his shoulders.

Are we all excited for the game? I'm buzzing to see Bruno score a blinder from outside the area... Or at a minimum just passing the ball with confidence and composure.
    Yes Yes Yes!!!!
    I want us to score 4 today, with Bruno being the catalyst for our resurgence.

hobbers

Are we all excited for the game? I'm buzzing to see Bruno score a blinder from outside the area... Or at a minimum just passing the ball with confidence and composure.
    I'd settle for someone to pass the ball to him and he actually manages to control it.

Something I haven't seen Lingard do maybe more than 4 or 5 times all season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Glad to see Lingard is on the teamsheet. The boots are going to be extra shiny today.
    If he plays tonight, he'll have another stinker.
    For his sake, we need to play another team in the relegation zone of League One.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    The point stands as does your negativity too.
    Just stating facts, mate. Calling a spade a spade.

Although he is far from the only culprit at the club, Lingard's lack of contributions is one of the primary reasons we're in such a dire situation at the moment. There are a large number of PL players on a considerably smaller contract than him and yet have contributed to their team's cause significantly more.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Pereira has 1 goal and 3 assists
    Oh.
    You make that statement as if those numbers are to be proud of. :lol:
    If we didn't have such a weak manager, Pereira wouldn't get near our first XI. Scoring 1 goal, as No.10 is absolutely embarrassing.
    The only player* worse than him is Lingard, who IS our worst attacker.

*I have been debating whether the term "player" actually applies to JLingz. When he occupies the pitch, we are basically playing a man down.

Oh.
    You make that statement as if those numbers are to be proud of. :lol:
    If we didn't have such a weak manager, Pereira wouldn't get near our first XI. Scoring 1 goal, as No.10 is absolutely embarrassing.
    The only player* worse than him is Lingard, who IS our worst attacker.

*I have been debating whether the term "player" actually applies to JLingz. When he occupies the pitch, we are basically playing a man down.
    I never said they were numbers to be proud of, im just stating a fact. I know Pereira isn't good enough to be a starter which is what I've already said.

RedIan

It amazes me how clueless some are full stop. the forum is open to all IQ levels though.

Adamsk7

De Gea
    AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Fred
    Bruno
    Mata
    Pereira
    Martial
    Greenwood

4-3-1-2

might be a bit narrow but we don’t have anyone that can head the ball from a cross anyway!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    I never said they were numbers to be proud of, im just stating a fact. I know Pereira isn't good enough to be a starter which is what I've already said.
    He isn't good enough, along with several of his teammates currently eating away at the clubs wage bill. Periera does have a few positive traits going for him such as his industriousness (is that a word? Meh. It is now) and good positional sense in the number 10 role, it's his lack of end product that holds him back.

Longlivekeano

———————-De Gea———————

-AWB—Maguire——Lindelof—Shaw

—————Fred———-Perrera————

—Mata———-Bruno———Martial—-

——————-Greenwood——————

greenwood hat trick

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    The year is 2020. Manchester United has had 3 rebuilds. And yet, Juan Mata still plays Right Wing.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    If youd have told me a few seasons ago that Wolves would be one of the big matches of the season I never would have believed you.

This is like a shit version of the movie Groundhog Day where Bill Murray is replaced by Ole and Andie McDowell is replaced by Adama Traoré.
    I dont remember andie McDowell spending 90 minutes in an 19 year old lad's pocket.

SER19

I wonder will we stay true to 7 years of form and waste an opportunity to close on a rival who has dropped points

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
    Both Chelsea and Leicester dropped points, which means we will too. Draw incoming...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    DDD

AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Periera
    Lingard