Kick-off
Mon, 14 August 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Redlyn

Pen or not, we absolutely robbed them of 3 pts. Not that I'm complaining too much.
    How did we rob them. They have to actually score and we are not allowed to defend and make saves? If anything they robbed themselves.

IrishRedDevil

The only positive…
    • 17 Points Total
    • 3 Bonus Points
    • 11Correctly predicted starting XI
    • 3 Correctly predicted substitutes

mshnsh

The only excuse I can think of is rustiness.

The obvious thing based on that is we need a couple of really good midfielders. Mount looks like Mount, very average, really does nothing. I never bought the hype he had at Chelsea. Casemiro has the Brazilian syndrome but HD has enough credit so he will improve with games. Antony is still the one trick pony and very useless I have no hope for him. Garanacho had a terrible game today but I believe in his talent; probably not ready to be a starter.

jeff_goldblum

It wouldn't be a new Premier League season if everyone wasn't screaming about United getting a decision every club has gotten multiple times a year every year since I started watching this sport quarter of a century ago

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Love Onana's aggression in coming for crosses, but the flip side is we're going to get brain farts like that. That was a 100% penalty.

But as ever, the problem is we're hanging on to a one goal lead at the end against a team we should be cruising against.
    What justification is there for that to be a penalty? Did the player get to the ball first and Onana clattered into him or were they both going for the ball, missed it and clattered into each other?

It was a 50/50 ball for either player to win and neither did. Would have made sense if player got to the ball first and Onana clattered him. Claiming that was a penalty is wild. There is a reason it wasn't given even after review. Folks ought to learn about the rules of the game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    How hard is it to pass around?
    I mean, I agree, our passing is fecking woeful. But at this level, especially with opposition as dogged as this Wolves side were, you need someone who can control the game. Someone with clean passing. We don't have that player. Most of our midfielders are "accelerants" They play as if they're on some kind of clock, and they need to get rid of the ball as soon as.

They want the ball, then they want to quickly release it. They simply don't have the skillset for it. Of course, you still expect a lot better than giving it away every two fecking seconds, I'm not excusing that shit. But I'm just speaking more generally.

James35

Brighton will put three or four past Wolves next week. And a Kane less spurs will certainly not be worried about facing us.

We go with Mount and Bruno again we will lose soon enough. I can’t emphasise how much we need a DM to play next to Casemiro. The funds must be released and get him in like tomorrow!

George The Best

It's never a penalty which is why the ref rightly didn't give it. When was the last time you saw a keeper give away a penalty for colliding into players? Never is the answer.
    I really think that was a pen. Nowhere near the ball and took out 2 of theirs. Got mighty lucky there.

reddev3

Why are people complaining?! We don't have to face a pen. United fans are fecking stupid.
    I've got news for you, what gets said in here doesn't affect the what goes on in the match. You don't have to lie just because it's against your own team.

Toshey

Supports
    Levski Sofia
    Lot of doom and gloom.

I thought for most of the game we carried the ball forward well.
    Shocking performances by Rashford, Bruno, Antony, Garnacho and Casemiro stopped us from creating more.

Sancho looked good. Onana is going to be great.

People should chill. It's exactly these kinds of wins that make a team champions. And wolves always tend to try hard against us.

Better to take 3 points from bad day, than 0 from good one.

We'll be much better against Spurs.

garelo

i just hope eth stops playing rashford as cf from now on, absolutely painful to watch.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
    I've got news for you, what gets said in here doesn't affect the what goes on in the match. You don't have to lie just because it's against your own team.
    When did I say people should lie. They genuinely for writing posts supportive of wolves.

Ace of Spades

Some really lazy, brainless passing and decision making. Also, just seemed a bit lethargic, outfought and out muscled at times.

Wing Attack Plan R

Sancho been amazing since he came in
    I wonder if Sancho was his normal self while everyone else was so awful it made him look amazing?

That was a low quality, low intensity game. Maybe when Hijland plays, Rashford will be on the left, Garnacho on the subs bench, and we shake off this lethargy.

At least Bruno, post-match, admitted he had too many bad passes. He was woeful today.

George The Best

i just hope eth stops playing rashford as cf from now on, absolutely painful to watch.
    Agree. We should have gone all out for Kane and not bothered with Mount. Mount is a very good player but too similar to Bruno, could never see a way of fitting them both into the team. Kane and a DM would have been much better for us - just my opinion though.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Does that apply when it’s a clear indicators as to how referees ref the game?
    Those are never penalties, should they be? I think so but they’re not and have never been
    Sky pundits thought it was/was/maybe. Hardly never.

garelo

Agree. We should have gone all out for Kane and not bothered with Mount. Mount is a very good player but too similar to Bruno, could never see a way of fitting them both into the team. Kane and a DM would have been much better for us - just my opinion though.
    i just dont understand why dont we try someone else, like Bruno as CF? in modern football, CF main job is to be the main link of the attack instead of just scoring goals. its fine even if you dont score as many goals as long as you able to hold the ball and bring everyone out into the play, Rashford doesnt have these abilites, he couldnt hold the ball and couldnt make smart run to open space for his teammates either.

erikcred

We're level on points with City and Arsenal. That's all that matters from this game. ETH will sort them out in training.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    Mount’s done fine, Bruno with a Bruno performance, always desperate to make something happen which leads to daft passes over and over. We need someone in midfield to actually take control. Martinez is doing more for the tempo.
    nah. Both were shocking. Neither of them made a single good first touch all game and they mostly made shockingly bad passing decisions. Yet even their passing radar was woefully off. We only improved a but because Sancho and eriksen started running the attack. Whilst Bruno remained a black hole for the ball.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    ETH looking unhappy. Sooner we get that other midfielder in the better. Sancho looked pretty good tonight. AWB MOTM?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
    The Indomitable Lions
    If someone was watching all the games this weekend that knew nothing about this league, they would certainly pick us as the worst team out of the 20.
    Certainly, isn’t it? And not Luton, for example… nor Burnley…. Not even Villa who lost heavily. They would pick the team which actually won their match as the worst team out of 20.

Some of the things one reads on this forum :rolleyes:

Anustart89

How anyone can argue that’s not a penalty is beyond me. It’s a shocking challenge
    "Shocking challenge" makes it sound like he's seen the player and Schumacher'd him. He's gone to catch a cross, misses the ball and flies into an opponent. I said at the time that I thought it was a pen but let's be realistic here, he's missed a catch and a player was stood where he was going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 35% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 419 ratings.

Score Predictions