Manchester United Women - Silly Season 2023/24 - Ins and outs

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Usually look to the Women for some good news when the blokes are failing, so really didn't need this tonight!

I guess it was obvious she was going - just a question of January or summer

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Not a right lot we can do.
Earps was a failure, Abroad. United took her home and nurtured her while also building our womens team.

Now we finished in front of Arsenal last season and Earps still could not wait to jump to greener grass.

When you are dealing with snakes like this, the club is helpless.

I pray that we can find players who actually appreciates to play for Manchester United and dont have to go through this nonsense again!

Demon Barber

Earps was a failure, Abroad. United took her home and nurtured her while also building our womens team.

Now we finished in front of Arsenal last season and Earps still could not wait to jump to greener grass.

When you are dealing with snakes like this, the club is helpless.

I pray that we can find players who actually appreciates to play for Manchester United and dont have to go through this nonsense again!
I agree with you that we want players who want to play for the club. It's also true that we nurtured Earps. At one point she was on the verge of giving up the game but United developed her confidence, she got her chance with England, and took it. She is rightly lauded as the best keeper in the world.

Where I disagree is with you labelling her a snake. I find this disrespectful. None of us knows the details of any contract talks, and the latest speculation seems to be part and parcel of the clickbait media/social media circus that surrounds United.

Lightbringer

I agree with you that we want players who want to play for the club. It's also true that we nurtured Earps. At one point she was on the verge of giving up the game but United developed her confidence, she got her chance with England, and took it. She is rightly lauded as the best keeper in the world.

Where I disagree is with you labelling her a snake. I find this disrespectful. None of us knows the details of any contract talks, and the latest speculation seems to be part and parcel of the clickbait media/social media circus that surrounds United.
Well, I dont call Ona a snake. I have all my respect left for her, and its because she left for her home country, her club and never disrespected United.

As for Earps, while we dont know the ins and outs of everything, I just think United is a great club, we have great fans, we have come along way. I just find it disgusting that she has all that + friends for life at the club, yet from all we know could not wait to get out of here back last summer even late in the window when we were not prepared to find a replacement for her.

To just turn her back on United and not just that but to pursue going to our biggest rivals of all clubs and countries she should go play in to boost her salary, ego or trophy cabinet.

The reason I became so passionate about Uniteds womens team was that there was some sort of loyalty, some sort of gratitude, something that almost do not exist in the mens game. But sadly I was wrong. Is becoming a United legend, actually going all the way from the 2nd tier division to winning the league, or titles with United not a goal worth pursing? I just want to find one player that dont just go for easiest & quickest glory and shows some kind of passion for United as a club and it supporters.

If Earps tried to orchestrate a late move the last window and somehow Arsenal move on to another keeper target, it wont change that Earps turned her back on United.

As for calling her a snake, yes that might be a tad controversial, but I just feel like United deserved better from her, its not like United is a dumpster of sh*t. Maybe I should call her a traitor instead? But that might also be controversial? :-)

I find it disrespectful to United & our fan base for Earps to jump ship to our biggest rivals and put salt in our wounds time and time again as we are forced to face her and see Arsenals glory days etc, which seems to be incoming ASAP. I just can not stand to having to read about these ex-players who we loved and supported day in and day out, but maybe I am easily hurt, haha.

I doubt we will entirely agree on this and I also can the other point of view that you put forward.

Luckily we can converse here in a more civil manner than on other social media where its really really harsh words and further mayhem.

Last edited:

Demon Barber

Well, I dont call Ona a snake. I have all my respect left for her, and its because she left for her home country, her club and never disrespected United.

As for Earps, while we dont know the ins and outs of everything, I just think United is a great club, we have great fans, we have come along way. I just find it disgusting that she has all that + friends for life at the club, yet from all we know could not wait to get out of there back in last summer even late in the window when we were not prepared to find a replacement for her.

To just turn her back on United and not just that but to pursue going to our biggest rivals of all clubs and countries she should go play in to boost her salary, ego or trophy cabinet.

The reason I became so passionate about Uniteds womens team was that there was some sort of loyalty, some sort of gratitude, something that almost do not exist in the mens game. But sadly I was wrong. Is becoming a United legend, actually going all the way from the 2nd tier division to winning the league, or titles with United not a goal worth pursing? I just want to find one player that dont just go for easiest & quickest glory and shows some kind of passion for United as a club and it supporters.

If Earps tried to orchestrate a late move the last window and somehow Arsenal move on to another keeper target, it wont change that Earps turned her back on United.

As for calling her a snake, yes that might be a tad controversial, but I just feel like United deserved better from her, its not like United is a dumpster of sh*t. Maybe I should call her a traitor instead? But that might also be controversial? :-)
You write passionately about the subject, and once again I agree with most of what you have to say.

If she does end up leaving then I will express my views on the matter. Whilst this is just speculation, and whilst she is still a United player she will continue to have my full support.

Lightbringer

You write passionately about the subject, and once again I agree with most of what you have to say.

If she does end up leaving then I will express my views on the matter. Whilst this is just speculation, and whilst she is still a United player she will continue to have my full support.
Perhaps I should ask you? Is immediate trophy glory with Arsenal worth as much as if she would have made it with United? Its subjective of course, but its worth thinking about. Is titles and money everything to consider?

Yes, you are correct on the bolded, its the best way to go about things. So in that sense I am not behaving in the best best manner perhaps. We do need this matter settled as fans now want Phallon to take over immediately if Earps is going to leave. Whoever leaked that story has put United in a bad situation. Fortunately there are few games remaining to the january window and Phallon were going to be in net VS Leicester anyways.

What I cant stand is seeing Lessi every time I open a social media page and it makes sick to have to add Earps to the list. With Arsenal fans doing their best to rub salt in our wounds.

I could also try to go in therapy to control my anger and sadness :devil:

Demon Barber

Perhaps I should ask you? Is immediate trophy glory with Arsenal worth as much as if she would have made it with United? Its subjective of course, but its worth thinking about. Is titles and money everything to consider?

Yes, you are correct on the bolded, its the best way to go about things. So in that sense I am not behaving in the best best manner perhaps. We do need this matter settled as fans now want Phallon to take over immediately if Earps is going to leave. Whoever leaked that story has put United in a bad situation. Fortunately there are few games remaining to the january window and Phallon were going to be in net VS Leicester anyways.

What I cant stand is seeing Lessi every time I open a social media page and it makes sick to have to add Earps to the list. With Arsenal fans doing their best to rub salt in our wounds.

I could also try to go in therapy to control my anger and sadness :devil:
Cheer up, buddy!

My first game at Old Trafford was in 1969. I have seen the lows and the highs. The last ten years have been painful, but the rise of the women's team has been a breath of fresh air. I want us to win, I want us to be successful, and I want us to be able to retain and recruit the best. If certain players think that playing elsewhere is the best for them, then that may say something about them, or about the actual lack of seriousness and ambition at our club.

My annoyance with Russo, and with Earps if she follows, is not so much that they are joining a rival but that United are allowing them to. And not just a rival, but a club who only recruit white players. Not a single player of colour in their entire squad. But that's another matter entirely.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Cheer up, buddy!

My first game at Old Trafford was in 1969. I have seen the lows and the highs. The last ten years have been painful, but the rise of the women's team has been a breath of fresh air. I want us to win, I want us to be successful, and I want us to be able to retain and recruit the best. If certain players think that playing elsewhere is the best for them, then that may say something about them, or about the actual lack of seriousness and ambition at our club.

My annoyance with Russo, and with Earps if she follows, is not so much that they are joining a rival but that United are allowing them to. And not just a rival, but a club who only recruit white players. Not a single player of colour in their entire squad. But that's another matter entirely.
You really think United want or were/are happy for Russo and Earp's to go??! They can't force a player to sign a contract.

Simple fact of the matter is Arsenal are a much bigger club in the women's game then United, I wouldn't blame Earps for moving to Arsenal.

StretfordEnd78

Let her go in January. On current form very replaceable. Would get a fee at least. The league has gone for this year.
On the commercial side she is very important to the club and we may even lose a floating fans / visitors to LSV.

arthurka

According to Joey Barton she is a joke so can't see the problem letting her go.

Demon Barber

Manuela Zinsberger has just signed a new contract at Arsenal, who declare that she is "our number one." No Earps for them!

Edit: ironically Zinsberger's nickname is Man Utd ... Grrr, this autocorrects to Man Utd. Her nickname is M a n u

Lightbringer

Manuela Zinsberger has just signed a new contract at Arsenal, who declare that she is "our number one." No Earps for them!

Edit: ironically Zinsberger's nickname is Man Utd ... Grrr, this autocorrects to Man Utd. Her nickname is M a n u
Did you have a word with Mary and told her Arsenal was a no go? :devil:

Lightbringer

How would everyone rate our winter transfer window?

Demons stern word kept Mearps at United.

Demon Barber

How would everyone rate our winter transfer window?

Demons stern word kept Mearps at United.
Thank you for acknowledging my role in this.

As for rating the window, well, pretty damned good. Our current squad is as good as it will get right now. We will build in the summer.