Manchester United Women - Silly Season 2023/24 - Ins and outs

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Am I making it up or was it Gabby George who was a good friend of Lingard? Even a cousin perhaps?

Lightbringer

That would make a lot of sense on the fullback cover front. Wouldn't have thought we'd want to lose another forward though given how light we are up there, unless someone else is coming in.
Making room for Kerolin in january and hoping for the best until then?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Making room for Kerolin in january and hoping for the best until then?
Just don't get why we wouldn't wait till January in that case, doubt Spuds are making an offer we couldn't refuse.

Lightbringer

Just don't get why we wouldn't wait till January in that case, doubt Spuds are making an offer we couldn't refuse.
Could be that Spurs wants a striker now and wont take her in january. And also it could be that Thomas is sick of not playing and wants out. Or a combination of both.

whitbyviking

Seems Earps is gone either way. Should tell Arsenal they need to pay what it’ll cost us to sign Kerolin now for her.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

Throwback fun. Might also be Tash Flint left front who played for Liverpool today.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ah. Good luck to her. A bit surprised that it's Birmingham, but it's good that she's found a move that should give her the chance to keep developing.
Yeah that's the key. Birmingham apparently paid their club-record fee for her. Probably peanuts, but still. Good for her!

Demon Barber

Yeah that's the key. Birmingham apparently paid their club-record fee for her. Probably peanuts, but still. Good for her!
I'd like her to do well at Birmingham. She wasn't going to get much of a chance here and only scored 1 in 12 at Leverkusen last season. Good luck to her

top1whoisman

Scout
Arsenal currently leading the race for Kyra Cooney-Cross, according to some journos. Hammarby are looking for around a £140k fee for her.

Demon Barber

That would be great for sure. Take it that's just more in hope than anything?

Very excited for the coming season, hopefully we get all 4 deals over the line.
It was reported on the BBC that a top-four WSL club was her likely destination. Probably nonsense though.

Edit: Guerrero has signed.

Ubik

Arsenal currently leading the race for Kyra Cooney-Cross, according to some journos. Hammarby are looking for around a £140k fee for her.
Oof, that's taken the wind out of my sails a bit.

top1whoisman

Scout
Oof, that's taken the wind out of my sails a bit.
When it was clear we were signing Guerrero I kind of conceded that we weren't going for both. A shame though, one of the most exciting midfielders out there.

Ubik

When it was clear we were signing Guerrero I kind of conceded that we weren't going for both. A shame though, one of the most exciting midfielders out there.
Others now saying our progress on it was heavily overstated, and it was noticeable that no-one else picked up on it unlike the Guerrero/PTJ stories. Worst thing is it's Arsenal though, somehow my most disliked WSL team :lol:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fantastic, I think PTJ's medical has been done and talks progressing over Malard. George's medical done too supposedly. 1 done and 3 others progressing well.

Lightbringer

What an absolute horrific turn of events for me. Kyra leaving my club Hammarby and we can forget to the gold in sweden this season and might not even quality for the UCL. If she had went to United I would have some consolation, but with her joining that fecking scum club Arsenal its all doom for me! I am gutted :-( I wonder if we were looking to get her in in January and then Arsenal decided to hi-jack the deal and offer a large amount for her to leave immediately with 7 games left of the swedish season. United probably were cheap and wanted to save money by having her on a free in january, FAIL!

I am also sure Arsenal would feck over if anytime. We should have strung them along that we would sell Earps to them and waited til the last minutes of transfer window to say no.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Arsenal trying to sign Cooney-Cross from the looks of it.
Others now saying our progress on it was heavily overstated, and it was noticeable that no-one else picked up on it unlike the Guerrero/PTJ stories. Worst thing is it's Arsenal though, somehow my most disliked WSL team :lol:
United should just bid 200 000£ for Cooney-Cross and have Arsenal have to up their bid if they want to have her. Arsenal fans are a bunch of entitled dirtbags to deal with :devil:

Last edited: