Mancini: "City are much better than United"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has dismissed talk that the title race is over and hit out at rivals Manchester United, who opened up a six-point lead with Sunday's derby victory.

However, Mancini told a function in Italy that he still believes his team to be better than that from the red half of town:

"United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football.
Was win. It's not fair. feck you, Frogie."
More crap here:

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has claimed his team are still superior to rivals United and has revealed he will not sell Mario Balotelli in the forseeable future.

Mancini and his players are still reeling from Sunday's dramatic derby defeat at home to United and now trail their rivals by six points in the Barclays Premier League.

However, Mancini told a function in Italy that he still believes his team to be better than that from the red half of town.

He said: 'United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football.'

Mancini's relationship with young striker Balotelli is under the microscope again this week after he substituted the 22-year-old after 50 minutes on Sunday.

It seems, though, that Mancini is prepared to keep faith in the enigmatic forward. He added: 'We are waiting for the moment he becomes aware of his talent. That is why he is not for sale.'

Mancini would like to sign Roma playmaker Daniele De Rossi this January but, even though the Italian international has fallen out with his club, City are unlikely to lure him to England.

Mancini said: 'I don't believe he will leave at this point.'

Mancini's relationship with his senior players is also under intense strain amid reports of dressing room bust-up following the 3-2 defeat against United.

The City manager, who has come under fire for his autocratic style of management, launched a furious tirade at goalkeeper Joe Hart for failing to keep out Robin van Persie's deflected stoppage time winner, reports The Times.

Mancini was angry that Hart had not set up a four-man wall in a bid to stop Van Persie scoring and is understood to have accused the England No 1 of making too many errors in a verbal blast which stunned his team-mates.

Mancini also singled out Balotelli, Samir Nasri and Carlos Tevez for criticism.
Meanwhile, the Manchester City supporter who ran on to the pitch to confront Rio Ferdinand has issued a grovelling apology for his action during a tumultuous derby on Sunday afternoon.

Matthew Stott, 21, was restrained by Blues keeper Joe Hart and then arrested after he raced onto the Etihad Stadium pitch following Robin van Persie's stunning late winner.

He has since been charged with pitch encroachment and has released a statement through his solicitors. In the meantime, City have removed his season ticket with immediate effect and he will be banned from the stadium for life if found guilty in court of a charge of pitch encroachment.

In the statement, the landscape gardener, from Knutsford, said: 'I would like to apologise to all those affected by my actions yesterday, particularly Mr Ferdinand and the other players. I am extremely ashamed of my actions. I have let myself down, my family down, my fellow fans down and Manchester City Football Club.

'I intend to write personally to Mr Ferdinand to express my extreme regret and apologies and also apologise to Manchester United and their fans. I would like to thank Joe Hart for his actions when I came on the pitch.'

'I have been a fan of Manchester City Football club all my life and I have been a season ticket holder for three years and I attend the games with my father. I have had the same seat in the section next to the away fans for those three years.'

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't make me click a Daily Mail link... what's the actual interview say?

Judging by the thread title... I suppose it makes a change from his position of how they're constantly the underdogs to us...

SteveJ

Scout
Ok, AN, here's the real article. :)

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has claimed his team are still superior to rivals United and has revealed he will not sell Mario Balotelli in the forseeable future.

Mancini and his players are still reeling from Sunday's dramatic derby defeat at home to United and now trail their rivals by six points in the Barclays Premier League. However, Mancini told a function in Italy that he still believes his team to be better than that from the red half of town.

He said: 'United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football.'

Mancini's relationship with young striker Mario Balotelli is under the microscope again this week after he substituted the 22-year-old after 50 minutes on Sunday. It seems, though, that Mancini is prepared to keep faith in the enigmatic forward. He added: 'We are waiting for the moment he becomes aware of his talent. That is why he is not for sale.'

Mancini would like to sign Roma playmaker Daniele De Rossi this January but, even though the Italian international has fallen out with his club, City are unlikely to lure him to England.

Mancini said: 'I don't believe he will leave at this point.'

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I can't stand Mancini. With every loss, he blames one of his players. He should never do that, at least not to the critical extent that he does anyway.

SteveJ

Scout
He sounds like a fan, not a professional. We, however, were professional - we did the job we had to do, but Mancini doesn't mention that. Reading gave us more problems...

Man-United

He means that Fergie is a much better manager than him with that.

SteveJ

Scout
Manky: "United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football."
Sounds like another Moral Cup victory.

Cina

This time last year he said we were still the best team and the pinnacle.

Obviously Balotelli maturing and the arrival of Sinclair has shifted all that.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
This time last year he said we were still the best team and the pinnacle.

Obviously Balotelli maturing and the arrival of Sinclair has shifted all that.
:lol: Sarky cnut.

Don't forget the improvement of Toure and Silva thus far this season.

Skholesy

I can't read mancini at times...his "i'm so depressed, United have won the title" act last season somehow seemed to galvanise his team into stealing it.

I can't tell sometimes if he is genuinely humble or has some sort of hidden agenda behind the words or that poker face of his.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If anything I'd think his "United has won the title" was meant to lure us into a false sense of security. I don't think that had anything to do with our complacency, though, we'd shown signs of it all season.

He tries the mind games because he has nothing else to do.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair he's just shit on his own boots. Man City do have the better team, even Man Utd fans accept they need to spend some serious dough. But all he's proven is how shit a manager he is.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
To be fair he's just shit on his own boots. Man City do have the better team, even Man Utd fans accept they need to spend some serious dough. But all he's proven is how shit a manager he is.
City have the better individuals, not team.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City have the better individuals, not team.
If Ferguson and Mancini did a wife swap for a month, the Man City 'team' would be ten times better than Man Utd.

So by team you mean Ferguson right? ;)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If Ferguson and Mancini did a wife swap for a month, the Man City 'team' would be ten times better than Man Utd.

He's certainly a big factor in the difference between the sides, being senile aside.

Forevergiggs

Roberto Mancini: Manchester United 'better' than Manchester City

December 07, 2012

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini reckons Manchester United "are better" than the Blues ahead of the derby on Sunday.

Despite his side's status as champions and the fact they completed a Premier League double over United last term, including that amazing 6-1 win at Old Trafford, Mancini insists the Reds are the favourites.

"They are better than us at this moment," said Mancini.

"We have only been here for two years. They are used to playing these games in the title race for 20 years. They have won everything for 15 years.

"You can't change this in two or three years. You need more time.

"For this reason they have a small advantage."

With United boasting a three-point advantage but City having a better goal difference the two sides are in exactly the same position as they were ahead of the corresponding fixture last season.

On that occasion, City famously won through Vincent Kompany's header to seize control of the title race with just two games remaining.

There is far more football to play this time around but Mancini acknowledges the importance of the occasion.

"They can lose because they have three points more," said the City chief. "We have three points less and we can't lose."

Meanwhile, City will give David Silva every chance to play in the game.

Although Mancini has ruled Aleksandar Kolarov out of the Etihad Stadium encounter, Silva, who missed the Champions League defeat to Borussia Dortmund in midweek with a hamstring injury, remains in contention.

"We will try with David," said Mancini.

Gael Clichy and James Milner are both battling to recover from ankle and hamstring problems respectively, although Mancini is wary of pushing both men into action too quickly.

"It is a big risk because afterwards we have a lot of games between now and the end of December and we need all the players to recover."
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...manchester-united-better-than-manchester-city

TheReligion

Abusive

Ten times? Hmm not quite sure I agree with that.

I would say the sides are pretty evenly matched, although City certainly edge it in the midfield areas.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Mancini can't get his man management right and now he can't even get his mind games right.

We're he manager of United right now we'd be, at best, in fifth or sixth place in the league and probably out of the CL.

TheBest

SPNTBP

You don't make a team in 10 days. United have a better balance. Just look at the strikers, both teams have 4 strikers. We have 2 world class striker followed by 2 good young strikers who won't mind waiting as they know they have plenty of time ahead. Managing city's strikers is much tougher.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
He sounds like a little spoilt kid taunting someone in the playground. I can imagine him sticking his tongue out and going, 'neh' after saying that.

It's weird. At times, like in the run in last season, he seems so calm and to be handling the pressure and the egos at City well. Then there are moments, especially when dealing with Balotelli, where he seems to lose it and seem completely lost as to what to do and how to act.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
To be fair, I do tend to agree they have a better first XI than us. Not sure that it's even that close.

Obviously we make up for it in some of the 'intangibles' but let's not pretend their team isn't pretty ridiculous.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah I think they have the better players, but SAF dicks all over Mancini. Plus their team isn't balanced, they are so narrow at times.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Defences are about as good, ours has been shaky this season but it's based around young players mostly and they are bound to improve plus we still have Vidic who could be a key player when he gets back to his best. Their midfield is far better than ours (we might have had an edge on wings in the past but with Nani frozen out and Valencia out of form it's not the case) and our attack is better than theirs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How is their midfield far better than ours?

Ash_G

I always find it funny when Mancini seems to suggest his squad are inexperienced they're not, they're not even comparable to Chelsea's side when they started splashing the cash. This teams has plenty of experience all thoughout it, dunno why pundits aren't commenting on this when they talk about city's failings in Europe.

Anyway player for player city might have better players, actually not even sure that's true, they probably have a slightly stronger first 11, but from the respective squads I think ours has more scope for improvement, particularly as the midfield gets settled.

Adebesi

Van Persie does swing things a little more in our favour than they were last year, if you are comparing man for man. If you take age into account, and how much better a lot of our players will (hopefully) get over the next couple of seasons, we have no reason to feel inferior at all.

For me Yaya is the main difference, really.