g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ManUtd player of the month - October

Who is your Player of the Month - October?

• Daley Blind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Carrick

• Matteo Darmian

• Marouane Fellaini

• Ander Herrera

• Jesse Lingard

• Romelu Lukaku

• Juan Mata

• Henrikh Mkhitaryan

• Paul Pogba

• Sergio Romero

• Luke Shaw

• Antonio Valencia

• Scott McTominay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who is your player of the month for October?

Fixtures:
Liverpool 0-0 ManUtd
Benfica 0-1 ManUtd
Huddersfield 2-1 ManUtd
Swansea 0-2 ManUtd
ManUtd 1-0 Spurs
ManUtd 2-0 Benfica

RedCafe Ratings for the matches

Player stats
Goals+Assists:

Chances Created:

Defense:

Stats don't tell the full story, just giving some basic stats and how Redcafe rated them for the matches played.

@Mods/Admins (@KM @Damien) Can you please add poll with all the players played?

p.s: Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Done.
Confused between Young and Rashford.

IAmAWinner

Jonesy for me, great in the big games, went off against Huddersfield and then we crumbled.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I voted for Martial but in hindsight I’d give it Chris Smalling easy.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Went for Jones. Impressed how important he's become for us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Young or Dave. All would be worthy to some degree.

I'm going for Ashley, though.

yfoFC

Voted for martial but in hindsight would have picked young or de gea

More importantly I love the stats and think you're doing a great job @roonster09

A break down of the stats show that while Martial has not been has not been at his productive best this past month, he has still been creating our highest number if chances bar lukaku

Also Herrera has been defensively astute as always but just his passing game letting him down atm, if he could work on that then he'd be back to his last season's best. Also moderately successful in chance creation so there's that

And last but not least michy, in a world where jese fecking lingard creates more chances than you then that just tells you the whole story doesn't it

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Voted for Ashley Young, has temporarily made our headaches at LB if not disappear so atleast be reduced.

OohAahMartial

Hard call but went for De Gea, after last season's more human level he is now back to his superhuman best.

Young has been a revelation it is true. Martial has been a little inconsistent. Surprised to see how high Smalling and Herrera (higher than Matic) are in our stats, as well as Lingard. Its great to have such a detailed thread, but it does reveal how poor our attack has been yet also how good our defense has been. But the defense is getting us through our injury crisis so I'm not complaining.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Voted for martial but in hindsight would have picked young or de gea

More importantly I love the stats and think you're doing a great job @roonster09

A break down of the stats show that while Martial has not been has not been at his productive best this past month, he has still been creating our highest number if chances bar lukaku

Also Herrera has been defensively astute as always but just his passing game letting him down atm, if he could work on that then he'd be back to his last season's best. Also moderately successful in chance creation so there's that

And last but not least michy, in a world where jese fecking lingard creates more chances than you then that just tells you the whole story doesn't it
Thanks mate.

This month it's hard to nominate any player, not a good month for attackers. I'm going for Smalling as he played all the games and played really well.

Darkhorsez

Thanks mate.

This month it's hard to nominate any player, not a good month for attackers. I'm going for Smalling as he played all the games and played really well.
Yeah, Smalling has been consistently good. I actually selected Young. In the limited games he has had has looked really good. Hope he keeps it up with limited chances he gets.

AXVnee7

Ashley Young. Being back in the England squad is testament to his effort.

marlowe78

I went for Matic. I thought of Smalling or Young but I felt Matic kept our midfield together while Pogba has been out.

Young. Come in to the team from nowhere and stepped straight up. Throwaway comment but its obvious he's a Ferguson player.

Could also have voted for Martial because he's looked dangerous every time he has come on, or Jones who has been all round excellent for us.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Went for De Gea. Save us against Liverpool, very good in all other matches with 4 clean sheets. Overall, he is having a brilliant season.

Last edited:

Kapardin

Has to be Matic. Carrying our midfield during the injuries while playing almost every game. Class player, hope he gives us a good few years and wins a couple of league titles with us to wipe off his Chelsea attachments.