Marc Bola charged by FA over nine-year-old social media post

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Well, technically white isn't a colour - so in theory, it could make sense to distinguish between "white" and "coloured".

In practice, it obviously makes zero sense, though - for a number of reasons: for one thing "white" people aren't actually white (as in the colour...er, I mean the non-colour).

It's also - obviously - a term designed by one group in order to distinguish themselves (positively) from all the others who were not lucky enough to be "white" - or "non-coloured".
Technically black isn't a colour either.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I’m amazed clubs don’t have a department that trawls through their players social media accounts and removes all this stuff before it ever gets seen.

especially so when they sign their first professional contract.

I’m amazed clubs don’t have a department that trawls through their players social media accounts and removes all this stuff before it ever gets seen.

especially so when they sign their first professional contract.
Literally the first thing we do as PR agents for a new client is to do a Twitter search for 'From:TwitterName CancellableWord' and delete anything you find. On our shared network we have a constantly updating document with every slur and semi-slur you could imagine to make things easier.

Ditto for players family members.

No idea why clubs don't do it, but with these kind of stories increasing I'd guess they'll start very soon.

Even if you're not in the public eye, there's no reason on earth not to purge your Twitter account periodically. There's plenty of Chrome/Firefox extensions that do it automatically.