Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah fair enough - but is it really any better to do so with Spurs for a player who is almost certainly considerably worse?
Looking at what’s being reported Cucerella wouldn’t have made sense to us;

Full season loan (we don’t need it)
More expensive fee and wages
Impacts our ability to close Amrabat

Not sure the difference between the two players is worth sacrificing a new CM and further expenses we don’t need.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Looking at what’s being reported Cucerella wouldn’t have made sense to us;

Full season loan (we don’t need it)
More expensive fee and wages
Impacts our ability to close Amrabat

Not sure the difference between the two players is worth sacrificing a new CM and further expenses we don’t need.
Yeah all true! Equally it made little sense for Chelsea to do a 6 month loan though.

I hadn't realised Spurs agreed to a 6 month loan - if so then can't fault United for going that route given the financial constraints.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah all true! Equally it made little sense for Chelsea to do a 6 month loan though.

I hadn't realised Spurs agreed to a 6 month loan - if so then can't fault United for going that route given the financial constraints.
Yeah there’s a January cancel clause so we can send him back.

We will have Shaw/Malacia back by then.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah fair enough - but is it really any better to do so with Spurs for a player who is almost certainly considerably worse?
A little bit because it's Spurs and not Chelsea, and tbh not I'm not sure he is actually worse, he should be, but it was so hilarious that we were going for Cucurella only yesterday because he is so bad, that maybe Regulion will prove to be the least worse of the two players in end.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
A little bit because it's Spurs and not Chelsea, and tbh not I'm not sure he is actually worse, he should be, but it was so hilarious that we were going for Cucurella only yesterday because he is so bad, that maybe Regulion will prove to be the least worst of the two players in end.
Can't argue with that! Also as @TheReligion pointed out, having the 6 month break clause is probably significant enough to outweigh any potential difference in talent between the two.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If this is off then your man has got a lot to explain @Amadaeus . By playing him yesterday, United got to see him constantly and hilariously passing backwards in decent attacking areas against a league two team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If this is off then your man has got a lot to explain @Amadaeus . By playing him yesterday, United got to see him constantly and hilariously passing backwards in decent attacking areas against a league two team.

He wasn't too bad yesterday. I feel Pochettino is indifferent about keeping him. Even though Pochettino said he would like a trimmer squad and two players for each position; with the intensity he plays with at Chelsea, I expect more injuries to follow especially to chilwell. If Pochettino wants to win every competition he is in, then keeping hold of Cucurella isn't such a bad option for him. Against wimbledon, it show that chelsea depth isn't as good as it seems. So, keeping hold of him isn't such a bad thing. However, it will be a struggle for him to find game time at chelsea if he is to stay because I feel like he is last in the pecking order for the left back/left center back position. So,

In the league cup competition

Sanchez****
Gusto - Chalobah* - Silva - maatsen/Cucurella
Lavia - Gallagher/ugo
Madueke - Carni - Chilwell***
Borja

Important games ( system Pochettino is using and I was 1st to call it in the levi colwill thread). Might evolve to colwill playing that central role over Silva

---------------------Petrovic
------------Diasi - colwill - Badishelle
James ---- Caceido - enzo ------- mudryk**
-‐--------- palmer --- sterling
--------------------Jackson

Disregarding the long term injuries in nkunku and fofana

* if chalobah get sold then one of colwill, Badishelle, diasi will just get more minutes on the pitch.
** of course Pochettino will choose chilwell, but mudryk is a much better fit imo based of how high poch has chilwell playing
*** rotate with mudryk or maatsen
**** not that convinced with Sanchez, might be better suited to league cup games. Maybe Petrovic is better i don't know.

It will be tough to fit Cucurella in with the limited games they have, but as mentioned before it may be a good call because 1.) an injury might happen to chilwell. 2.) He didn't end up strengthening a rival 3.) He has good vibes with other players in the dressing room.

So whatever happens, I don't believe Pochettino would care as much and it will not greatly affect what he is doing. However, if maatsen leave because of this, then I will be surprised towards who sanctioned that decision when both can co-exist in same team albeit with Cucurella getting significant lower minutes.

Conor

He wasn't too bad yesterday. I feel Pochettino is indifferent about keeping him. Even though Pochettino said he would like a trimmer squad and two players for each position; with the intensity he plays with at Chelsea, I expect more injuries to follow especially to chilwell. If Pochettino wants to win every competition he is in, then keeping hold of Cucurella isn't such a bad option for him. Against wimbledon, it show that chelsea depth isn't as good as it seems. So, keeping hold of him isn't such a bad thing. However, it will be a struggle for him to find game time at chelsea if he is to stay because I feel like he is last in the pecking order for the left back/left center back position. So,

In the league cup competition

Sanchez****
Gusto - Chalobah* - Silva - maatsen/Cucurella
Lavia - Gallagher/ugo
Madueke - Carni - Chilwell***
Borja

Important games ( system Pochettino is using and I was 1st to call it in the levi colwill thread). Might evolve to colwill playing that central role over Silva

---------------------Petrovic
------------Diasi - colwill - Badishelle
James ---- Caceido - enzo ------- mudryk**
-‐--------- palmer --- sterling
--------------------Jackson

Disregarding the long term injuries in nkunku and fofana

* if chalobah get sold then one of colwill, Badishelle, diasi will just get more minutes on the pitch.
** of course Pochettino will choose chilwell, but mudryk is a much better fit imo based of how high poch has chilwell playing
*** rotate with mudryk or maatsen
**** not that convinced with Sanchez, might be better suited to league cup games. Maybe Petrovic is better i don't know.

It will be tough to fit Cucurella in with the limited games they have, but as mentioned before it may be a good call because 1.) an injury might happen to chilwell. 2.) He didn't end up strengthening a rival 3.) He has good vibes with other players in the dressing room.

So whatever happens, I don't believe Pochettino would care as much and it will not greatly affect what he is doing. However, if maatsen leave because of this, then I will be surprised towards who sanctioned that decision when both can co-exist in same team albeit with Cucurella getting significant lower minutes.
You only have 11 men in those lineups?

Stig

A lot of negativity here, but if you were to list our top 10 problems I don't think he would be one of them.