Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

saik

The same way Mount and Havertz lost their way at Chelsea? Guy is not it, there's a reason they're getting rid.
Cucu is only a loan though. Don't know what's people issue is with that. He is only here as an emergency cover for Malacia and Shaw. It's not like we are signing him permanently. Mount(as much as I don't rate him and don't think he is what we need) and Cucu were bad only last season. There's a hope they can rediscover their form from previous seasons and that last season was an anomaly.

Havertz has been painfully average during his whole time at Chelsea. Glad he is Arsenal's problem. Arteta looks like he is fecking with his whole system to fit him in.

joedirt87

if it's a loan move with an option to buy sure why not. Would still like to see a midfield move first but it's United so lets not hold our breath.

OverratedOpinion

How bad is the Shaw injury that we need a LB? I’m guessing half season at minimum if we think Dalot can’t hold on until then? (Not sure what Malacia’s injury is)
I think it's in part just getting a body into defence, we are definitely short there and potentially need 2.

Wouldn't have been my choice but I get going for that position.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Same way Salah and Kevin De Bruyne lost their way at Chelsea
Yep, similar to why they got rid of Salah and KDB too.....to name but a few. Not saying it will work out for both leaving but equally the pantomime of Stanford Bridge shouldn't be the barometer....
Salah and De Bruyne never downed tools or "lost their way", they weren't given a fair opportunity in the first place when they were kids at Chelsea. It's a reach if you're using Mourinho's lack of youth policy to say Salah and De Bruyne flopped the same way the Chelsea players who actually played minutes did in 2022/23.

Mount, Havertz and Cucurella flopped throughout the season and gave up for Chelsea when they needed them, probably less so Mount due to the injuries however. You'll find out the hard way how bad they really are though.

Last edited:

Ace of Spades

Brighton managed to replace Cucurella and even improve on him for little money.

If the injuries are short, then just use the players we have. If they are long term injuries, then buy a better LB. Sell Fernandez if we are short on money, but relying on this guy to get us through the season will be a massive gamble likely to fail.

Litch

Salah and De Bruyne never downed tools or "lost their way", they weren't given a fair opportunity in the first place when they were kids at Chelsea. It's a reach if you're using Mourinho's lack of youth policy to say Salah and De Bruyne flopped the same way the Chelsea players who actually played minutes did in 2022/23.

Mount, Havertz and Cucurella flopped throughout the season and gave up for Chelsea when they needed them, probably less so Mount due to the injuries however. You'll find out the hard way how bad they really are though.
I think hindsight is an exact science and chelsea have a history of stockpiling players so its inevitable that players will lose their way. Its irrespective of whether they are good enough at Chelsea, they were before they got there and in Mounts case, was for at least two seasons. Isnt that why they bought them and he was your player of the season twice?

Whether Cucurella is good enough or anyone signing for a club, the situation of Chelsea will always create a 'graveyard' of players and a firesale at some point.

We'll be having the same conversation if they dont win anything this year for the next firesale of damaged goods.....

Chairman Steve

Can we nickname him **** and every time he skins a player or clean tackles them, we can say he cucked them.

PoTMS

Yeah, Ten Hag should not be allowed to make signings.

Highfather_24

Yet we still have people defending our "world class" DOF Murtough. Just too many questionable decisions this summer. Lets hope things pan out smoothly, because right now it looks grim.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The push to sign a LB must mean that Shaw is out til January basically. Which in that case, a half season loan makes sense. Cucurella is fine. Hasn't done well at Chelsea but they've been a disaster club, and they've decided they're moving on anyway so it's kinda a shit situation. He's nothing special, but can be a decent player like he was at Brighton.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The last thing this team needs is another physically weak player.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry you are right, based on a couple of pages on here thats clearly universal?
Was just an example. If you went on Twitter, Reddit etc. to look at peoples opinions at the time of the move it was 99% the same as the ones on this forum.

So the ceiling of 40m and paying 50m amounts to 'pulling your pants down?' and 'way over the top'?

Ok, if you think that amounts to over-paiding, knock yourself out (especially considering Chelsea transfer strategy) but many thought irrespective of that, getting arguably one of the best LB's in the country was a good buy nonetheless.
Yes, I do think £56+9M for a 35-40M player is overpaying by a lot.

I mean it was a world record fee for any full-backs in the world at the time. Don't get me wrong people still thought he was a good player but the price was always considered too much for a player who was nowhere among the best in the world and who had only 'proven' himself in one season.

Dominos

Has there been any word on when these loan deals will run to, and how much the loan fee will be? I assume just till January, as Shaw and Malacia are back in Nov?

Not sure if there's a massive advantage for the selling club to do us a favour whilst hindering their own squad depth.

criticalanalysis

Didn't he play as wing back in that Brighton team and did he best work with 3 centre backs behind him?

KjaAnd

He's an awful player. Very slow which is the exact opposite of what we need in the team. Especially if he is to play with Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen who are all extremely slow too. A recipe for disaster.

Abraxas

Absolutely terrible every time I've seen him in a Chelsea shirt.

Must have been much better for Brighton to have earnt so many plaudits.

I guess if we look at it with some balance...Is he a better option than Dalot and Fernandez? I guess, I mean...he's left-footed, for me that's a start because I fecking hate full backs on their wrong foot. Unless they're exceptional ball players it is awkward.

More experienced than the latter, but some of it is bad experience, so there's that...

crackers0seven

Please god no. Not another wan bissaka on the left side. Man can't pass forward. Easy sideway everytime. Just use the young fella there. Probably offer more at less cost. Then loan him in January if shaws back.

GoldanoGraham

He was fantastic at Brighton and was player of the season before Chelsea ruined him.

There is a good player in there, just not as a LCB. Was great at getting forward at a Brighton as well. He’s become a bit of a Maguire with the Chelsea fans so I’m sure he’d be desperate to get his career back on track with a point to prove.

Could do much worse as a loanee.

meninred

I cant believe we are considering Cucurella. I would play Dalot there or even martinez as emergency.

croadyman

He was fantastic at Brighton and was player of the season before Chelsea ruined him.

There is a good player in there, just not as a LCB. Was great at getting forward at a Brighton as well. He’s become a bit of a Maguire with the Chelsea fans so I’m sure he’d be desperate to get his career back on track with a point to prove.

Could do much worse as a loanee.
Some in here hate the idea of him in a Utd shirt which is so depressing to read

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Dalot is horrible since January right or left, so Cucurella will be an upgrade to this Dalot.

If Shaw is out until December, and Malacia out until (since Sevilla) i don't know, then we have a problem to solve.

I think a loan is a good compromise there.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think he could actually be a good signing to be honest, main issue though would be his wages

thomas porter

There's a good player in there its just a question of whether we would get the Brighton Cucurella or the Chelsea version.