Marc Cucurella - World Class Hairdo

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Great video and reasonable take - only quibble is I don't think he's a UCL calibre player currently. As you point out correctly, his attributes seem to be best suited for a midtable side whilst the comical errors he makes routinely limit his appeal for the bigger teams - in my opinion he's done little to justify being rated as a player who should be playing in the CL on merit.

MUFC OK

Yeah, we really have about £3m to spend and are trying to recruit a LB and CM - complete and utter joke of a club.

McTominay and Maguire still here when we could have got £60m for them.

I actually hope we are forced to give Alvaro Fernandez his chance.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah, we really have about £3m to spend and are trying to recruit a LB and CM - complete and utter joke of a club.

McTominay and Maguire still here when we could have got £60m for them.

I actually hope we are forced to give Alvaro Fernandez his chance.
We did accept the Maguire bid to be fair.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
But he's still here and we could have reinvested the money.
Right but he's here largely because of him.

We could have paid him off for the full amount sure (as much as £10-12m apparently?) but then that doesn't exactly set a great precedent for when other players are wanting pay-offs.

Craig Ward

Cucurella was great art Brighton, but struggled with the carnage and chaos of Chelsea.

Not many immediately hit the ground running when moving to a big club.

It's took Bissouma a year to find any form for Spurs for example.

It's completely underwhelming to be linked with Cucurella, and I share the majority of fans in thinking this is all very dire.

Given the fact we have no options there bar Dalot and Fernandez, we are struggling. Not sure when Malacia is back but I'd play him over Cucurella.

Cucurella looks to be a disaster signing, he's had a terrible year, not in good form and we are shocking as a defensive unit - the scrutiny around our form is always amplified and he will not be greeted as a positive signing by the bulk of our fans. Doesn't look to be many positives.

He's not going to be given the time to play himself into form here, we need someone to come in and hit the ground running.

MUFC OK

Right but he's here largely because of him.

We could have paid him off for the full amount sure (as much as £10-12m apparently?) but then that doesn't exactly set a great precedent for when other players are wanting pay-offs.
Maguire replacement would have been Todibo/Pavard.

McTominay replacement could have been Amrabat. I'm not expecting we get that key transfer done now as a result.

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
This isnt happening... signing Reguion as a LB

peridigm

He’s here because he didn’t want to go to West Ham.
To be fair, he's here because Ole is an idiot. One of the craziest transfer sagas of the past decade. Waited until the end and Leicester new we would pay what we did. Giving him huge wages to boot and here we are.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolutely dogshit decision. I hate this regime so much.

croadyman

Nah, its more because he played in the Carabao Cup yesterday and he will be cup tied and won't be able to play when we want to use him instead in that cup.
Just when you think these last 3 weeks couldn't possibly get any more farcical

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I assume it was absolutely deliberate on Chelsea's part. Chelsea think he's crap and don't want him back in January. Now that he's played for them, it rules out the possibility of a six-month loan deal (you can't play for three clubs in the same season), so we are forced to take him for the full season or turn to someone much, much worse (Reguilon).
110% it was deliberate on Chelsea’s behalf. Watch him not play a single minute from here on out.

Infra-red

Reguilon video needed, stat!
There will be some good ones circa 2019/20. He actually was a promising player who many on here wanted to sign at one stage. He's been terrible for three years, though and just doesn't seem cut out for Premier League football. I'd much rather have Telles back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If United were floating the idea of sending him back in January when, I guess Shaw is fit again, then feck that. I’m glad this isn’t happening. That is the most pointless of pointless deals we could make.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Him playing last night still makes no sense.
Maybe the deal was already collapsed by that point.
Not to be an irritating ITK feckwit, but after the initial disagreement on the loan fee (i.e. United offering 2m and Chelsea asking for 7m), United counteroffered with 2m for a 6 month loan, which is actually a smaller financial commitment given Cucurella's salary and that pissed off Chelsea's hierarchy. Playing him yesterday was a way to make the 6 month loan a non-starter.

Chelsea's position has always been that this is a situation where both clubs could mutually benefit, but they haven't pushed Cucurella towards the door once it became clear we were losing Hall. United coming back with a significantly worse second offer than what they opened with seems to have backfired, especially if the fallback option is Reguilon.

December_16

Not to be an irritating ITK feckwit, but after the initial disagreement on the loan fee (i.e. United offering 2m and Chelsea asking for 7m), United counteroffered with 2m for a 6 month loan, which is actually a smaller financial commitment given Cucurella's salary and that pissed off Chelsea's hierarchy. Playing him yesterday was a way to make the 6 month loan a non-starter.

Chelsea's position has always been that this is a situation where both clubs could mutually benefit, but they haven't pushed Cucurella towards the door once it became clear we were losing Hall. United coming back with a significantly worse second offer than what they opened with seems to have backfired, especially if the fallback option is Reguilon.
Win-win situation really, we don’t have to see Cucurell in our team and you get to marvel at his hair for another season. Everybody happy!

Robertd0803

Fair enough.

C'est Moi Cantona

Good, and I hope we never are put in a position where we have to go to Chelsea asking for a loan deal like this again.

IrishRedDevil

Happy days.
Now you’re stuck with a £60m fraud and we can end Reg’s cheap loan in January.