g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

As usual Glazers only act when their hand is forced (by Eriksen's injury in this case) I can't wait till we get owners with ambition. Arsenal are adding Jorginho and Caicedo to their already good midfield ffs.
To be fair they are not getting Caicedo, Jorginho is the consolation prize for missing out. If you offer me a clearly declining Jorginho on a permanent deal for 12M or Sabitzer on a loan until the end of the season I am not buying the Chelsea reject.

Zoo

Not really been following what’s going on with him at Bayern but he was a cracking player at RB Leipzig. Would be gutting if this doesn’t happen now. If we could get Eriksen back earlier than expected that would be great too.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just seen some of his goal clips on twitter. He's got a strike in him. Some really nice long rangers.
Can't read much into some random clips. Beek looked like peak Matthaus while Telles was Carlos reborn in the compilations.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sky Sports are such cringelords these days. Jesus, that Lianne Sanderson might be the worst pundit I've ever heard.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
dont' really understand the disdain being shown for this move when we BADLY need a quality player brought in due to the injury
I think most of us are pleasantly surprised.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I believe he’s a good free kick taker aswell. We need more set piece takers.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
So a loan deal for an experienced midfielder is a panic buy however another club spending over 500m and now close to 100m for a young midfielder based off a World Cup isn’t screaming panic. Logic as always from the media, then again I remember what a lot of folk said about us signing Cas “past his best” etc.

MUFC OK

Would Jorginho not have been a better shout in terms of a like for like replacement for Eriksen?

Still think Sabitzer would be a great addition.

JuriM

Would Jorginho not have been a better shout in terms of a like for like replacement for Eriksen?

Still think Sabitzer would be a great addition.
Jorginho wouldn't have been a loan, but a buy and we don't want to buy/can't.

Hester_manc

I can not see a point in signing him. Eriksen will be back in 3-4 months anyway, and then what? The only way this make any sense is if United already know they want to sell Fred, Donny or McT. But even here it seems like a panic buy. Is this really the midfielder we want to bet on for more than 3-4 months?

MUFC OK

Jorginho wouldn't have been a loan, but a buy and we don't want to buy/can't.
I actually think his defensive capabilities will be useful and something we’ve missed playing Eriksen, especially in bigger games. Hope we don’t sacrifice a ton of creativity though.

Real Name

I can not see a point in signing him. Eriksen will be back in 3-4 months anyway, and then what? The only way this make any sense is if United already know they want to sell Fred, Donny or McT.
What about those 3, 4 months though.

Rolaholic

He's got some decent stats for the analytics heads

His work rate/engine will be useful against a midfield like Barca's

Status
Not open for further replies.