Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My son is 4 and he wouldn't have gone for this deal. He'd rather construct a traffic jam with his cars. Take that as you will

Infra-red

I every fecking transfer I see Chelsea name too, can Chelsea feck off with being involved in every footballer on the planet ffs.
To be fair, we are currently sitting in 4th place in the league, 10 points clear of Chelsea. The remainder of the Premier League season for Chelsea is simply about using their new signings to try to take that spot off us. If they can block this transfer, I'm sure they'll try.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I thought so too, but the oracle that is Paul Merson, has made me reevaluate my opinion.
he needs to get back to destroying his liver and consuming industrial amounts of gak, he made more sense then, the lisping brain dead cockney git.

Speako

Panic buy? Not at all. I can’t wait for ETH next press conference -
“Yes eh, we always had Marcel…<looks to his left , press officer whispers Sabitzer> ……Spritzer in our plans, and now Martial <press officer whispers Marcel> “ yes Marcel Spinster can join us eh, we can’t wait. Very happy yes”.

Andy_Cole

I'm in two minds - in our current situation he would be welcomed, but then isn't this how we end up with a squad of average players - i.e. are we signing future deadwood? That said I think I'd still go for it due to the Eriksen injury. I wouldn't be looking at a long term deal of course.
It’s a loan

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
See all the powerful feckers in our club running around in panic, bumping into walls, tearing their hair out, cursing the gods and yelling, "Why?? Why can't we plan ahead!?"

cyberman

So every game for the next week :lol:

Takes me back to when I was a kid, the day before we signed Sheringham I spent ages convincing my bet mate he would be the ideal Cantona replacement, spent the next two months convinced I was the next fergie :lol:
When I was playing some football computer game in my youth I kept buying Thierry Henry from Juve because I thought the name was cool.
Not one coaching badge to my name.

Red Royal

Lovely unexpected bit of transfer deadline day action. Could be a stroke of luck if we get him at a fair price.

Shiva87

Interesting deal if we can pull it off.

will be a big plus for our new transfers set up to be able to show that we can make a quick deal when necessary.

biggest criticism of the previous regime was how much time it took to get deals done!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
he needs to get back to destroying his liver and consuming industrial amounts of gak, he made more sense then, the lisping brain dead cockney git.
Calm down :lol:

It is a panic buy (loan) but a good one.

The Viper

They said the same thing (panic buy) about Casemiro when we signed him. I hope he has the same impact for us as Case did, if we end up signing him.

Blackwidow

It's also very harsh to call Sabitzer 'average'. Sure we'd all want someone on the same level as Casemiro, but this isn't some nobody we're bringing in.
I guess when he does not have to do the no. 6-work partly that might even be better for him.

Utuhu

He has a different playing style from Ericksen.

He is more of a creative box to box midfielder, a pacey version of Pogba.

Foolsgold21

Liverpool fans are going to implode if we get this over the line

Worth it for that alone!

cyberman

I thought so too, but the oracle that is Paul Merson, has made me reevaluate my opinion.
If anybody knows desperation, it’s Merson.
He once went to a nightclub in his PJs and night gown trying to score coke, there’s not a better man placed to point out desperation

Nickelodeon

Hope its loan with an option to buy. Somehow, everyone has an option to buy in their loan deals except us.

Dobba

Merson is just pissed that he might be coming to the Premier League and he'll get a United/Chelsea game to cover on Soccer Saturday before the season is up. Any surname with more than two syllables is beyond him. Stick a Z in it and he's got no chance.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
You’re whinging at a quality late replacement to a key player?
We found out Eriksen was out for the season literally today
Eriksen is out for 3 months so this would be a very welcome addition.
For a 4 year this is a great deal.
Such a stupid approach trying to sign a midfielder on the day it's announced one of the 3 first choice options is possibly out until May.

Bloody juvenile delinquents.
Eriksen was injured last week. WTF do you expect any club to do at this stage? We don't have the money and we're exploring loan deals and that's all we can ask for at this stage.
This isn't the first time we go into panic mode after an injury. It happened in August too.

If our squad wasn't bare bones we wouldn't have to feckin loan another player.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
When I was playing some football computer game in my youth I kept buying Thierry Henry from Juve because I thought the name was cool.
Not one coaching badge to my name.
you can be my assistant manager when I take over Utd

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

This is good sign for us
100% would be. Eriksen wouldn't play for Bayern either. Sabitzer is clearly better than Eriksen in most areas, but of course not as capable playmaker as Eriksen is (who many are?).

Don't get the whining, look at Tottentham's centre mid, I wouldn't take any of Hojbjerg, Betancour or Bissouma over Sabitzer as an Eriksen replacement. Sabitzer would be a really good fit -- if -- we could get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.