March madness 2014

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I am so ready for this. Virginia will be at least fourth seed. And were having our best ever season yet!!

NM

Nova will be a 2 or 3.. We will do brilliant until we face a team with 2 or 3 big men. Then we will get fecked.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Looking forward to the tourney, the early rounds always being the most exciting.

Amazing how much this tourney has grown. I am old enough that I was on the end of the days when the team that won the NIT had some claim to being one of the best in the nation. Back at the time when only 20 some teams got in the tourney and only one team per conference could get in the tournement, there were times when teams ranked in the top 4 did not get into the NCAA.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Be interesting to see how the Orange respond to this. Do they fall apart, their confidence shattered or do they take is a lesson learned that nobody is unbeatable? I think they were over-acheiving a bit anyways staying unbeaten for so long.
We dismantled Cuse. Now we need to get the #2 seed and be placed with WSU. ACCT will be a better judge of our quality.

NM

We dismantled Cuse. Now we need to get the #2 seed and be placed with WSU. ACCT will be a better judge of our quality.
Cuse can't win when their two best players don't score, and Ennis has hit the rookie wall.

NM

true, but they have a short bench for team with final-four aspirations.
That's pretty much what I said... I'm still hoping Villanova snags a two seed. With the right match ups (ie opposition does not have 3 6 10 players OR opposition is not Creighton) the team can go far.

NM

Cuse lose again! Welcome to ACC.
Absolutely nothing to do with the league. ACC is pretty poor this year (compared to previous years). This is what happens when you rely on 2 players and 1 doesn't fire and the other is a freshman.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Another one bites the dust.

The Big Ten has been underwhelming this season, apart from the Spartans.
Ranked as the 2nd best conference behind the Big 12.

Before the league season started we had 3 teams in the top 6. A whole bunch of good teams all beat each other and that means they're not so great?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Absolutely nothing to do with the league. ACC is pretty poor this year (compared to previous years). This is what happens when you rely on 2 players and 1 doesn't fire and the other is a freshman.
ACC will be stronger next year. Louisville is better program than Maryland. Although, they're not in the Atlantic Coast, and have relatively weak academics.

NM

ACC will be stronger next year. Louisville is better program than Maryland. Although, they're not in the Atlantic Coast, and have relatively weak academics.
Agreed.

Nova has just won the big east :drool::devil:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ranked as the 2nd best conference behind the Big 12.

Before the league season started we had 3 teams in the top 6. A whole bunch of good teams all beat each other and that means they're not so great?
Not results wise, but I think the standard of play dropped a bit, compared to last season.

In other news, apparently Warren Buffett is offering a billion dollars to whoever nails the bracket.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Nova lost to Seton Hall. Madness has truly begun.

Also, it's pretty cool that #1 seed is still up for grabs. I want UVa to get it. That or #2 seed and in the same side as Wichita State. :drool:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Indiana bounced in the first round of the tournament, in Indy, by the team that spent most of the season on the basement on the division.

We'll be lucky to make the NIT, I'd rather not watch that team again personally.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I am in States so have decided to randomly follow this. Can someone post a link to interactive brackets and what not