Marco Verratti… | signs for Al-Arabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been, for the first time in many years, some chatter on the market about Verratti potentially being on the market this summer. I believe it was reported by Di Marzio that PSG had proposed Verratti in a deal for Silva. And I saw a tweet from Ekrem Konour today mentioning that Atletico are interested.

Now firstly, could all be rubbish, and secondly - there is a question mark around age with Verratti now at the magic number. Still - surely he’d be something resembling perfect? If he’s on the market, as much as people despise us going after players who have already made their names elsewhere, surely we’d have to be having a look?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Great little player. Hasn't managed 30 league games since 2015.

More sense in going into next season with Martial as first choice striker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In terms of player profile he's about as ideal as you can get. A central midfielder with insane level of press resistance, treats the ball with care in terms of his pass choices, and his general positional play is top tier.

A bit like his Brazilian teammate of equally top tier quality, the only major question marks are fitness and lifestyle choices.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Superb player, not a sensible long term signing though. Big wages, injury prone.

Zed is not dead

Could you imagine, getting both Verratti and Neymar in the same window? :drool:
Both known for their highly professional attitudes, great hygiene, no injury problems, and known to be key players in key games.

Can’t wait for us to assemble the ultimate Youtube Highlights FC

zaafi

Both known for their highly professional attitudes, great hygiene, no injury problems, and known to be key players in key games.

Great hygiene? :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He hasn't looked after himself at all really. At one point I thought he would become the best midfielder of his generation

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Verratti does all his playing off the pitch, allegedly. Worst time in his career to play in the PL.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A player that had more potential rather than performances.

facchiano

Brother, please explain what you mean with great hygiene :D. What have I missed?

Zed is not dead

Brother, please explain what you mean with great hygiene :D. What have I missed?
Hahaha my bad I got lost in translation as I’m not a native English speaker. I meant healthy lifestyle (we say « hygiene de vie » in French).
But I was being sarcastic anyways

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Brilliant player but incredibly injury prone. I’d steer clear, as much as he’s been in my dream team for years. I think the finance involved would be too much for a player of his fitness inconsistency.

wr8_utd

:'(
The yellow and red cards between him and Casemiro would be astonishing.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We could buy him then transplant all the ligaments and tendons out of McTominays body into his? Then just, like, discard the remains of McTominay

Jacob

This one makes sense, he has sacrificed his entire career in a mickey mouse league, no ambitions for real trophies whatsoever.

redshaw

Got any more of that oil money? Why yes sir, right this way.

RedStarUnited

This one makes sense, he has sacrificed his entire career in a mickey mouse league, no ambitions for real trophies whatsoever.
He begged to leave PSG for Barcelona but they wouldnt let him. In fact, PSG said if Barcelona continued to try and talk to him they will pay Messi’s release clause. A warning Barca never headed when you consider what ended up happening with Neymar.

He had to do a TV apology for agitating the move.

ShinjiNinja26

He begged to leave PSG for Barcelona but they wouldnt let him. In fact, PSG said if Barcelona continued to try and talk to him they will pay Messi’s release clause. A warning Barca never headed when you consider ended up happening with Neymar.

He had to do a TV apology for agitating the move.
No one forced him to renew his contracts. If he really wanted to leave that badly he’d have ran down one of his deals and walked out on a free but he chose not to and accept a huge bag instead. He’s always been about the bag, can’t blame the guy though for setting himself and his family up for life but maximising his potential as a footballer has clearly never been his main priority.

kaku06

If there was a list of supremely talented footballers who wasted their careers. He is at the top of that list by some distance. He could have been a Modric in his standing in the game. But history would now remember him as just another player.

Trex

Had as much talent as any. Could have been big for one of the big Spanish two or the epl. A caree with the French league and Saudi league only on his CV is underwhelming.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Probably one of the weakest mentality of any player. PSG to Saudi, what an horrific waste of an career.

Status
Not open for further replies.