Marcos Rojo extends contract to 2021

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Zebs, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Mar 17, 2018

Van Piorsing Lost his light sabre

Jones really disappeared after his Spurs disaster. If he's injured again then I just can't see the living end of his nightmare.
  2. Mar 17, 2018

Alabaster Codify7 Full Member

Mourinho seems to like Smalling. Jones will be gone I reckon, this summer. It's usually a true sign of our players' abilities to see which clubs come in for them when they leave, it gives a good idea of their true level. I can see Jones ending up somewhere like Everton for around £15m.
  3. Mar 17, 2018

Marcky411 Full Member

Fully agree, has still not returned from his injury, so difficult to judge but can't say he was our best defender(good at hoofing a ball into no man's land) either. Often very reckless as well, but the big question is, will he be able to get back to his best or even improve after that injury?
  4. Mar 17, 2018

Nate Dogg Don't Make Me Angry

Bloody hope not.

It seems a lifetime since these 2 muppets joined us....heard a rumour they played under Fergie too :confused:
  5. Mar 17, 2018

Lawman Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Hopefully replaced soon he’s not the best.
  6. Mar 17, 2018

gajender Full Member

Rojo is as average as they come what's our obsession with keeping hold of average players who won't look out of place at midtable clubs ,I thought with departure of Schneiderlin and Depay we were initiating the process of moving on average dross from our Club and process would continue with likes of Darmian ,Young others like them being moved but alas at our Club we seem to value mediocrity way too much.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  7. Mar 17, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    Has he been injured or what?
  8. Mar 17, 2018

Sgeorge New Member

Happy to see him sign a new contract. I think him and Eric should be the preferred CB combination. Both have composure and aggression in the right amount.

I also hope Smalling and Lindelof stays, they are good backup.
  9. Mar 17, 2018

Loublaze ATLien

It doesn't make any difference and if anything they will focus on one position typically. After the Newcastle loss the tabloids were running stories about possible CB acquisitions and about Smalling and Jones being sold this summer. The Alderweireld stories are heating up because of his contract 'situation' and release clause, and United are an easy target and top seller for these type of transfer rumors. He's also being 'monitored' by Barcelona according to the very reliable The Sun, the express and the Daily star! I don't give any of these stories any credence.
  10. Mar 17, 2018

Lentwood Full Member

Great news imo
  11. Mar 17, 2018

Camilo Full Member

Not everyone can be a starter. Presumably he's very happy here and willing to put in a shift when he starts. Not a great defender, but hopefully as we get better we'll need fewer "defender" defenders, and more footballing defenders... At which point he's still not great... Lost my train of thought...

Oh well, happy to have him.
  12. Mar 17, 2018

Distracted Steward Full Member

He fits Mourinho, and that matters a lot.
  13. Mar 17, 2018

dannyrhinos89 OMG socks and sandals lol!

Oh joy, another average player tied down to us.