Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The more I see of him the more I think he's the perfect CF for us. Pace, trickery, grit and determination, he has absolutely everything.

spiriticon

I know playing with two strikers isn't hip at the moment, but Rashford's pace and Lukaku's power...:drool:

Von Mistelroum

I'd love him to become a top level striker. I don't think he will, but he looked promising in the match.

Shark

@NotShark
Is anybody seriously worried about Rashford getting chances this season? he's just too good to leave out. I can see Mourinho fitting him into the starting 11 with Lukaku and it being fantastic. There is nothing to worry about when it comes to this lad, he's going to be pure magic for us for years and years to come.

Stactix

Is anybody seriously worried about Rashford getting chances this season? he's just too good to leave out. I can see Mourinho fitting him into the starting 11 with Lukaku and it being fantastic. There is nothing to worry about when it comes to this lad, he's going to be pure magic for us for years and years to come.
Very excited to see how good he could become, although I do believe he'll be shunted out wide where honestly he's not as effective.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Exacty this, he's very versatile and I don't think it will hamper him not always playing 9.

Very confident about him being a big player for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like mourinho is planning a 352 variant so he can get lukaku +1 striker every game. Considering our lack of wide options it seems a nice idea.

If we can get perisic for the lwb role it will work really well imo.

the hea

Looks like mourinho is planning a 352 variant so he can get lukaku +1 striker every game. Considering our lack of wide options it seems a nice idea.

If we can get perisic for the lwb role it will work really well imo.
I'd love this as our first choice starting eleven this season:

DDG

Bailly Lindelöf Rojo

Valencia Herrera Pogba Perisic
Mkhitaryan

Rashford Lukaku​

Adam-Utd

I'd love this as our first choice starting eleven this season:

DDG

Bailly Lindelöf Rojo

Valencia Herrera Pogba Perisic
Mkhitaryan

Rashford Lukaku​
Yep looks perfect on paper. If we can get it working fluently it's got everything.

Perisic is very similar to Valencia so I'm sure he could make a good wingback no issues.

Herrera will be the sitting midfielder allowing pogba to push forward knowing we've still got the cover of 3 centre backs behind.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm not, Mourinho loves Rashford because he is incredibly hard-working and humble. It's Martial I'm worried about, not this kid.

Kapardin

Needs to get atleast 12 goals this season in the league alone. No more excuses of being young, etc. He now has premier league and first team experience, has played in a major European final and also has the pressure free environment of a manager backing him to the hilt even if makes mistakes.

Its' up to him to show he can hack it at United rather than turning out to be the next Walcott, Welbeck, etc.

Acole9

Outstanding
Looked really sharp out there, he's put some muscle on and looks taller as well.

Great game again. I wish he shoots a bit earlier when he's one out with the GK. He should have shot straight after the first touch, not played the ball even closer so the GK becomes enlarged. It should be one touch, and then straight to the top corner and the GK won't even get close.

Shimo

Great game again. I wish he shoots a bit earlier when he's one out with the GK. He should have shot straight after the first touch, not played the ball even closer so the GK becomes enlarged. It should be one touch, and then straight to the top corner and the GK won't even get close.
Or adds a chip to his repertoire. Think there several times last season he could have but, tried to the placed shot only to be denied by the keeper.

As for the game and Mourinho's comments about him taller and stronger, goodness that's going to be a scary prospect for defenders - going to be a joy to watch this season.

Adam-Utd

Surprised he didn't go round the GK TBH, but I think by the time he got the ball under control and looked up the keeper was already there. He made a quick decision but the wrong shot unfortunately. As you say a chip or rounding the keeper would have been the much easier option.

Oh well I guess 2 goals in 45 minutes isn't so bad ;)

Surprised he didn't go round the GK TBH, but I think by the time he got the ball under control and looked up the keeper was already there. He made a quick decision but the wrong shot unfortunately. As you say a chip or rounding the keeper would have been the much easier option.

Oh well I guess 2 goals in 45 minutes isn't so bad ;)
Going around the GK is one option, but it involves several quality touches. I'm actually suggesting he should strike from outside the box, back himself in to hit the target right in the corner. No mucking around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will probably partner Lukaku today. Think Martial and Lukaku should be the striker duo though if we go for that during the season. Some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves because Rashford scored a couple of goals against the reserve side of one of the worst MLS teams in a pre season friendly... He's still a young kid and has a long way to go. Though saying that, his best chance of performing consistently will come if he's partnering someone like Lukaku, since he'll never have the physicality to handle the lone striker role I don't think.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Will probably partner Lukaku today. Think Martial and Lukaku should be the striker duo though if we go for that during the season. Some people are getting a bit ahead of themselves because Rashford scored a couple of goals against the reserve side of one of the worst MLS teams in a pre season friendly... He's still a young kid and has a long way to go. Though saying that, his best chance of performing consistently will come if he's partnering someone like Lukaku, since he'll never have the physicality to handle the lone striker role I don't think.
I vehemently disagree with the lack of physicality aspect. The guy is about the same size as Thiery Henry - and probably not much shorter than RvP or RvN. All three of them bulked up significantly over the years (though RvN was always a bit of a rock for as far as I can recall) - but at 19 he is still growing. Hell he can even still grow significantly in height as well. I think physicality is also a mindset - look at players like Sanchez today or Davids in the past.

Reactions: Penna

bosnian_red

I vehemently disagree with the lack of physicality aspect. The guy is about the same size as Thiery Henry - and probably not much shorter than RvP or RvN. All three of them bulked up significantly over the years (though RvN was always a bit of a rock for as far as I can recall) - but at 19 he is still growing. Hell he can even still grow significantly in height as well. I think physicality is also a mindset - look at players like Sanchez today or Davids in the past.
Oh I agree that players can bulk up especially at his age and his height is fine. It's definitely more the way he plays, how he uses his body, his mentality, etc.. Has he ever actually competed for an aerial challenge? He turns his back on any 50/50 headed ball and gives the defence a free header basically. It's one of the most infuriating things about him. He gets shrugged off the ball really easily, and maybe he can improve on that but I don't think he'll ever really learn how to hold the ball up and shield it like the likes of RvP, RvN, Henry, or the other top strikers in the past have. He doesn't have the same aggression in his game like Sanchez, Aguero or other smaller players like that and he's never really shown hints that he could get it. Or even looking at Martial in his first season, he's shown way more qualities in terms of being able to handle defenders in the premier league as the loan striker. Rashford when he plays up top gets isolated so often and only really does anything if a ball is played in behind so that he can sprint past defenders, but if the ball is played to feet with his back to goal, he'll usually get pushed off it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really poor today, probably our worst performer in that 90.

bosnian_red

He's useless as a lone striker. Needs that partner close to him to handle the physical aspect.

Shimo

He was eh but, also was clearly frustrated - quite a few times players were too slow to release the ball and there was one he had timed his run just right and got called for offside

Dazzmondo

Excellent in the 1st game. Terrible in the 2nd. Needs to make sure that he stays in the box when he's on his own up front. Seemed much more at home in the 2 striker system. I expect he'll be playing far more games as a winger than as a striker this season but he needs to be able to switch back into the role in case something happens to Romelu. Looking forward to seeing how he links up with Lukaku, but I don't think we'll be seeing that until near the end of the tour.

Icemav

Excellent in the 1st game. Terrible in the 2nd. Needs to make sure that he stays in the box when he's on his own up front. Seemed much more at home in the 2 striker system. I expect he'll be playing far more games as a winger than as a striker this season but he needs to be able to switch back into the role in case something happens to Romelu. Looking forward to seeing how he links up with Lukaku, but I don't think we'll be seeing that until near the end of the tour.
A bit like last season with Zlatan. If we lose Rom we are in big trouble.

Rash is a good talent but still a kid thrown in the deep end. And Martial looking a bit of a bust with everything to prove.

kundalini

Took his goal well. Looked decent when switched to the right. Was the shot from 40 yards deliberate or did he shank the cross?
The way he looked up before, made it appear that he was intending to cross but the way he struck the ball seemed like a standard Rashford shot from distance. Don't know the answer but educated guess says he knew their keeper was off his line and went for the shot.

No joy against Kyle Walker. He's much more of a threat when he has a speed advantage over his opponent. Good finish for his goal.

Would like to see him tried as no 10. Mkhitaryan's erratic performance wouldn't be that difficult to beat.

el3mel

Took his goal well. Looked decent when switched to the right. Was the shot from 40 yards deliberate or did he shank the cross?
I think deliberate.

Hard to imagine that ball was a cross. It was obviously directed towards the goal.

Dazzmondo

Very well taken goal. Decent performance apart from that though he was struggling on the left side against Walker. Definitely looks like he's been working on his finishing in the off season

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Very well taken goal. Decent performance apart from that though he was struggling on the left side against Walker. Definitely looks like he's been working on his finishing in the off season
Good on Jose to see that and change it up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford is adapting well to the role Mou gave Eto'o at Inter. He's the goal scoring wide forward in this set up who will be expected to add to the #9's goal threat. So far so good in this preseason. He just keeps scoring.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
The way he looked up before, made it appear that he was intending to cross but the way he struck the ball seemed like a standard Rashford shot from distance. Don't know the answer but educated guess says he knew their keeper was off his line and went for the shot.

No joy against Kyle Walker. He's much more of a threat when he has a speed advantage over his opponent. Good finish for his goal.

Would like to see him tried as no 10. Mkhitaryan's erratic performance wouldn't be that difficult to beat.
Lol he hasn't got the vision to be a number 10, he would be even more erratic than Mkhi.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can't beat a keeper one-on-one running in from the middle but hits it 100 % coming in from the right side.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Another good game from him. He a skillful player, and an intelligent one, but it's his willingness to get up and have another go that distinguishes him from the pack. A lot of players give up after a few failed or ignored runs, he doesn't.

SSSSnake

I'd be happy if he can get 12-15 goals this term. He's improving daily and physically he's still growing. I'm sure Jose said he's grown a couple inches since last season.

GM K

Very excited to see how good he could become, although I do believe he'll be shunted out wide where honestly he's not as effective.

If playing wide is what will give Rashford game time, then so be it. I am sure he won't be complaining.

The best attackers in the world, in the modern game, possess that ability to drift across the front-line to strike. You do not have to be a pure number nine to be effective as a striker these days. I like to seperate the wide forward from the classical winger. Rashford has the pace, trickery and skills to attack from wide. I think he is being handled very well. The manager has to find the balance between playing him and keeping the team winning.

Rashford should deputize for Romelu, pair with him when two strikers are needed to attack through the middle and also play from wide at other times. Bottomline is that he will get good playing time and keep developing as an all round attacker.

GM K

Not surprised at all. He has been taking selfies and getting footballing lessons from the legendary Ronaldinho lately.

Remember the Brazillian's wonder goal against England at the 2002 World Cup? Rashford probably wanted to try something like that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.