Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How many of RM, City, Paris, Bayern, etc have 6 to 8 top player’s competing for the 6/4 spot. Liverpool are yet to buy competition for Sallah, only bought an understudy for Mane when they knew he was leaving.
Now I’d sell him and go for Nkunku.
Nkunku isn't leaving til next summer. Everyone of these clubs have at least 1 or 2 good level subs to rotate in. They all have a winger who can rotate with the starters.
RM - Benzema, Vinicius, Valverde (plays RW), Rodrygo, Asensio, Hazard
City - Mahrez, Grealish, Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, Bernardo Silva can play wide
PSG - Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Icardi, Ekitike, Draxler, Sarabia (not the highest level, but they can rest plenty of players during the league so it's different)
Bayern - Mane, Gnabry, Coman, Sane, Musiala, Muller
Spurs - Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lucas
Arsenal - Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Vieira, Pepe, Nketiah,

Chelsea have shite attacking depth, as do United. Our problem wouldn't be so big if Martial wasn't injury prone and Ronaldo wasn't 37 and didn't want to leave. But that's not the case, so we need more up there.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why would we massively regret it?
He’s playing/played badly for a while but he’s got the ability and I believe he’ll come good again, hopefully that’s for us and not PSG or another equivalent.

I realise I’m in the minority, but I’d personally stick with him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
For the last several years he has proven he can do bugger all at the top level. No clue what happened to a once promising player
Several years = season and a half.

First half of the lockdown season he was very good... Basically before he got that injury.

fezzerUTD

He’ll get an extension. Feels like a planted link. I think they were interested under Pochettino but I doubt they’ll be now.
Pochettino was a coach and thats about it. Coaches at psg dont buy and sell players.

Ekeke

He’s playing/played badly for a while but he’s got the ability and I believe he’ll come good again, hopefully that’s for us and not PSG or another equivalent.

Thats obviously the concern however, even if he did go to PSG and play his best stuff that might be the reason for it. The new start/challenge. There still would be no guarantee that if he stayed he would have come good again here. Unfortunately the signals from the body language and performances right now dont suggest its just a matter of time until he starts banging in the goals. They suggest that all we can count on him for is pace

CM

Unless we get a really good bid we probably aren't in a position to sell. Rashford has it all to prove this season, though.

If he doesn't step it up in a big way this season I'd be very open to us selling him next summer.

ChorltonReds

You're all crazy. Yes Rashford has been poor - but last season the whole team was a mess; and the season before he played almost every game despite carrying an injury (and he wasn't anywhere near as bad as people are making out - we finished 2nd and he got 11 goals/9 assists). ETH will get him going again. My biggest concern about his play is his decision making - especially not passing when he should, but again ETH should be able to help with this.
And I'll admit bias - I love local lads playing for the team, but he can be a great player and he can do it at United.

Flexdegea

Don't know how I feel about this.

He been so bad for so long not sure he can cOne back

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My personal opinion is that we should sell him if PSG offer a good deal. I don't think we have the money beyond budgeting for a midfielder and the funds generated from a Rashford sale can potentially benefit us.

There was a report in the telegraph today about United not having the funds to sign Gakpo if Frenkie de Jong is signed. And with Rashford's form being patchy for some time now and with his contract only having two years remaining. It does make sense to sell him now.

AndySmith1990

We constantly stick with players on the premise they are just in bad form or they will eventually "come good". It never happens. They always end up becoming deadwood that we can't move on. We need to be more ruthless and smarter about team building

Strootman's Finger

Last season everyone was utter dog shit. I am writing off last season in terms of judgment and what we can hope a player can do.

The year before? Rashford was inconsistent but scored 20+ goals and had something like 15 assists? The year before, another 20+ goal season with a lot of assists, but a brilliant season until he was overplayed and got a spinal stress fracture. I'm giving him this season to get back go that level, or surpass it, with Ten Hag being here now. He's had a pre season. He's had a good rest. He should be fully fit. Now let's see how he does in an attacking system finally.

People shouting to sell him with.... No backups... Are laughably knee jerk and will be changing his name after a few goals.
Why would you write off an entire season? He played for two managers and was no different with either. And I don't care neccesarily about his numbers, a player can have a bad season, it was how he responded, petulance, refusing to track back, taking wild shots or making wild passes with no regard for his teammates, rumors of discontent coming from his camp. I don't feel any need to forgive that, in fact I find it quite unforgiveable. And so will Ten Hag, a couple games like last season and Rashford may not have a choice, his ass could be out the door, Ten Hag isn't a man that gives a lot of chances.

Giggsy13

People saying we should cash in are the same people who say the club is incompetent, so do you have any faith that the club will actually reinvest in another forward? Gakpo has already said he will stay at PSV if they qualify for the UCL, and we’re priced out of a move for Antony. I’d rather we keep Rashford and hope ten Hag could get the best out of him.

Alemar

We cannot sell Rashford this summer. It is still quite possible that Ronaldo will leave. That leaves us with a front 3 of Elanga, Martial and Sancho for the entire season (assuming Ronnie fecks off too).
We need to sell Elanga as soon as possible, he is not up to par, sadly.

saik

Unless we get a really good bid we probably aren't in a position to sell. Rashford has it all to prove this season, though.

If he doesn't step it up in a big way this season I'd be very open to us selling him next summer.
If he continues to be shite this season, he will have 1 year left on his deal with his value further plummeting. He will hold all the cards then.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thats obviously the concern however, even if he did go to PSG and play his best stuff that might be the reason for it. The new start/challenge. There still would be no guarantee that if he stayed he would have come good again here. Unfortunately the signals from the body language and performances right now dont suggest its just a matter of time until he starts banging in the goals. They suggest that all we can count on him for is pace
yes agree with that and body language/lack of effort in certain games were a massive concern. It’s not an excuse because he was part of the problem, but the team last year was so dysfunctional its hard for anyone to be at their best.

I think that’s the biggest job ETH has on, getting more out of the likes of him, Sancho, Maguire, Shaw etc. they’ve been good/great players in the past so the starting point is getting them somewhere close to their former glory, and a properly function system will help them all.

CM

My personal opinion is that we should sell him if PSG offer a good deal. I don't think we have the money beyond budgeting for a midfielder and the funds generated from a Rashford sale can potentially benefit us.

There was a report in the telegraph today about United not having the funds to sign Gakpo if Frenkie de Jong is signed. And with Rashford's form being patchy for some time now and with his contract only having two years remaining. It does make sense to sell him now.
To be fair I'd probably keep him if the alternative is Gakpo. Probably don't have to worry about that with the de Jong situation being as it is, mind.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Nkunku isn't leaving til next summer. Everyone of these clubs have at least 1 or 2 good level subs to rotate in. They all have a winger who can rotate with the starters.
RM - Benzema, Vinicius, Valverde (plays RW), Rodrygo, Asensio, Hazard
City - Mahrez, Grealish, Haaland, Foden, Alvarez, Bernardo Silva can play wide
PSG - Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Icardi, Ekitike, Draxler, Sarabia (not the highest level, but they can rest plenty of players during the league so it's different)
Bayern - Mane, Gnabry, Coman, Sane, Musiala, Muller
Spurs - Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lucas
Arsenal - Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Vieira, Pepe, Nketiah,

Chelsea have shite attacking depth, as do United. Our problem wouldn't be so big if Martial wasn't injury prone and Ronaldo wasn't 37 and didn't want to leave. But that's not the case, so we need more up there.
I agree with you drop down list. If United signs right, he becomes the drop down forward option in my opinion.
If we had a right wing option, most fans will be calling for Sancho to start in his position. He is primarily not trusted by fans to shoulder our forward. Just like the drop down list of those teams are not. If Madrid start lining up a team of Ascencio et al, we’ll all be saying they need to bring in forwards and that’s where we are. I understand depth and cover but he is our star wide man and we don’t trust him.

Strootman's Finger

We will regret not selling him.
If we manage to get good money for his this summer it could well be the smartest piece of business this club has done in years. Most United fans are on to Rashford, but it takes longer for the broader football world to realize something club fans know really well. We could sell Rashford this summer, while his stock is still high and manage to get some decent money for him, because when he moves from PSG back to a club like Everton they aren't going to get nearly as much money.

brother ant

For the last several years he has proven he can do bugger all at the top level. No clue what happened to a once promising player
Would be a disaster imo, we’d massively regret letting him go. Can see why he’s interested.
Not sure if it was his injuries but he has lost his confidence and also that initial burst of pace which I guess is also playing on his mind\confidence. Hopefully he can regain this.
I like Rashford a lot and at one stage I really thought he was going to kick on but it just hasn’t happened for some reason. He needs to get his confidence back and become a more intelligent player… hopefully not at another club but if an offer to good to turn down comes in then the club would be silly not to take it at this point

Sviken

I really, really hope this is true, but I doubt it. Rashford has been gash for so long now I don't see anyone paying any money for him. But it's PSG, so hope we get lucky.

CM

If he continues to be shite this season, he will have 1 year left on his deal with his value further plummeting. He will hold all the cards then.
It doesn't really matter. If we don't receive a big offer we may as well keep him on the off chance he rediscovers his form.

Unless the Glazers have a sudden change of heart, we won't be signing anything more than a punt to replace Rashford if he leaves this summer anyway.

Widow

I'd say let him go if I could trust our board to get a decent replacement in.

It's kind of sad to see him struggle through every game these last few years.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Tricky one for the club if his contract expires next year…what would you have them do? Overpay on a new contract even though he’s been shit or risk him improving greatly during the season and then leaving on a free? I think selling now might be the sensible option

RkkMan

People saying we should cash in are the same people who say the club is incompetent, so do you have any faith that the club will actually reinvest in another forward? Gakpo has already said he will stay at PSV if they qualify for the UCL, and we’re priced out of a move for Antony. I’d rather we keep Rashford and hope ten Hag could get the best out of him.
Fabrizio and several other journalists have all said Gakpo would be keen to join Utd if a fee was agreed
Dutch press close to PSV today have touted a fee of €45-50m as well he's definitely a realistic target
I agree Antony is too expensive
And no at this point a bag of chips is more useful than Rashford if we get a good fee sell because one more bad season and we'll struggle to even receive £10m next summer on his current wages. Done nothing to warrant a new deal too