Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

House Mkhitaryan

With United having the option, he effectively has 2 years left on his contract. We'd be mad to sell him now based on glaring lack of quality and depth of our attacking options. We should be bringing in at least 2 new, young attackers to even consider selling Rashford. We need to give him a half season at least in ETH system to see how he does. If it doesn't work out, sell him next summer (or even potentially in the Jan window if he's not an integral part of the squad at that point).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pochettino was a coach and thats about it. Coaches at psg dont buy and sell players.
No coach at any club buys or sells players, but they have their desired targets that the club will help bring in.
There was also links in January and lots of what seemed like briefed articles from Rashford’s side about how Poch would be a good fit:

jameyzane

Please sell. He's had this sour demeanour about him for a while. Has looked very unhappy and the chop and changing at the management level might be making him suspicious of the future. Cash in now!

Rolaholic

Tricky one for the club if his contract expires next year…what would you have them do? Overpay on a new contract even though he’s been shit or risk him improving greatly during the season and then leaving on a free? I think selling now might be the sensible option
We still have a team option to extend it until 2024, not a player option

Sviken

To be fair, If they did they'd find more evidence of him being a cracking player then him being terrible...
Yeah... a few years ago. He hasn't been good for a while now. 5 years ago De Gea was the best keeper in the world, but... yeah. Things don't work like tat.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
A move would be beneficial for both parties but I have 0 trust in our ability to replace him in a week.

Superunknown

So same as Sancho then?

*Here come the excuses*
Here's my last post in the Sancho performances thread.

Like I said in the matchday thread, I'm just not feeling it with him. Doesn't seem suited to this league at all. It doesn't help that we're dysfunctional as a football club, but I've been disappointed in him. Thought he was useless today.
Nice try, though. :lol:

ReparableTrack0

Sell and get Sane. As someone who follows the eredivisie, do not go for Antony and Gakpo; they are both very raw and especially Gakpo goes missing 7/10 times. Get Laimer and SMS. Try to include Aubameyang and Dest in the deal for Frenkie. Otherwise go for Ben Yedder as a stopgap solution and try to get Nkunku next year. Finally, try to get Ziyech on the cheap and sell all the dross to fund (partially) fund this.
Our football directors can’t even manage this in Fifa career mode. No way in hell they will be able to pull half of these moves off in real life

Orange Tree

At the moment I'd rather play Garnacho or Chong. And yes, I don't particularly rate Chong.

But, my expectation is for United to give him a new bumper contract or he leaves on a free in 2 years. United just don't do transfer well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very much suggests this is a contract renewal link then. Definitely what I expected. “I really wanna stay at the club guys, can we sign a new deal? Just FYI, PSG are interested in me. Just FYI”

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He’s playing/played badly for a while but he’s got the ability and I believe he’ll come good again, hopefully that’s for us and not PSG or another equivalent.

I realise I’m in the minority, but I’d personally stick with him.
Some deluded Spurs fans thought the same about Alli.

He is busted flush. Cash in while he's still worth some millions.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah... a few years ago. He hasn't been good for a while now. 5 years ago De Gea was the best keeper in the world, but... yeah. Things don't work like tat.
Again, it's only a season and a half...

People are acting like it's 3 years or something.

Rabiot has had his worst ever season last year and we're about to buy him...

buchansleftleg

I'd have to say my response to this depends on a number of factors.

Will PSG pay enough to cover the costs of his travel?

A train ticket to London and then Eurostar can really rack up the costs if you travel at peak times. A budget airline may be the best option if we can book the ticket in advance.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ugh, he's pushing for that new deal isn't he. I thought this nob would lay off the PR for a couple of months at least. Funny that it's timed with the Gakpo news and articles saying how that signing would spell trouble for Rashford. Think he's realised he needs to try and pressure the club now before it's too late and we're happy to sell.

saik

Very much suggests this is a contract renewal link then. Definitely what I expected. “I really wanna stay at the club guys, can we sign a new deal? Just FYI, PSG are interested in me. Just FYI”
Yeah. We should renegotiate his contract at a lower salary in that case(although my preference is we should call his bluff and just sell him while he has any kind of value). He has in no way justified a new contract on the same/improved terms.

Telsim

If we manage to get good money for his this summer it could well be the smartest piece of business this club has done in years. Most United fans are on to Rashford, but it takes longer for the broader football world to realize something club fans know really well. We could sell Rashford this summer, while his stock is still high and manage to get some decent money for him, because when he moves from PSG back to a club like Everton they aren't going to get nearly as much money.
Exactly. Cash in now before his stock drops any further. I'd even keep him off the pitch to that end so he doesn't give PSG any more reason to lower the price. That'd be a good piece of business and it would definitely improve my opinion of Murtough. Next summer Rashford will be unsaleable and will eventually walk for free. Or worse. This is the time to prove things have changed and Lingard won't happen again.

Sviken

Rabiot has had his worst ever season last year and we're about to buy him...
I mean, as far as I know people here, including me, are pretty negative about that deal, so I don't know if it is the best example to give. If this isn't some contract renewal shit and it's real, then thank you PSG. That's all I have to say.

dove

Contract renewal time. Can't wait for a massive bump in wages, well deserved Marcus.

RedCurry

For his own sake, I hope he moves outside of the England circus he’s surrounded himself with. I hate to watch him rot his talent away.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
To be fair I'd probably keep him if the alternative is Gakpo. Probably don't have to worry about that with the de Jong situation being as it is, mind.
I'd be happy seeing Gakpo and Garnacho as the first choice LWFs.

hobbers

So it's just bullshit from his agent/PR firm to encourage us to hurry up and offer him 300k a week.

And also improve fan sentiment towards him for 'sticking with the club'.

fecking laughable these con artists.

AndySmith1990

If we were run by competent people he'd be offered lower wages or be told to find a new club. But we're not, so he'll become of the the best paid players in the league and we'll be spending the next 5 years shaking our head in disbelief

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Feck sakes it's all about a new deal? Don't do it United! It'd be a dumb move and waste of money.

No contract talks. He needs to concentrate on improving his performances.
The guy is not here mentally and can't handle the pressure. No need to compound the problem by giving him a new contract.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would you write off an entire season? He played for two managers and was no different with either. And I don't care neccesarily about his numbers, a player can have a bad season, it was how he responded, petulance, refusing to track back, taking wild shots or making wild passes with no regard for his teammates, rumors of discontent coming from his camp. I don't feel any need to forgive that, in fact I find it quite unforgiveable. And so will Ten Hag, a couple games like last season and Rashford may not have a choice, his ass could be out the door, Ten Hag isn't a man that gives a lot of chances.
I'm writing off last season because it was an impossible situation for everyone. I've been consistent in that with everyone. I think Mbappe would've been shit if he played for United last season.

Rashford is somebody who was our best and most important player not long ago, until Ole overplayed him into a spinal injury. Takes time to recover from, and even still he had back to back 20+ goal seasons before last season.

Yes, if Rashford doesn't pick it up he will be gone. But you don't sell him now, when if Ten Hag gets him kicking again, he can be a 100m player. That's just dumb to do. Especially when we have no options.